Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Thanks Marty Powell

To those of you that dont know Marty

To say he is cool is a definite understatement!!!!
    When i think of technical workin people in this sport we all love so well my thoughts go like this. First there are the know it alls that dont have a problem tryin to work on your boat only to find out they're way over their head . Then theres the guys that know a lil about everything but not really knowledgeable about most of it. And then theres guys like Marty. I've known quite a few welders in my day. This man truely is a master. The story goes like this.

A couple weeks ago i had o prob with my trim pump ( electrical ). I went to fill'er up at my closest gas station, not thinking i pulled out over the incline goin back into the road. Heard a metal scraping noise and thought it was my tag. When i got to Johnboys found out it was my skeg instead bout 2 1/2 inches high and 1/2 inch wide. went back the next day and found the piece right where it fell.

I really thought i was screwed . Then i talked to Marty and he said bring it over . Within a half hour he had it lookin better than new . I tried to pay him for the work and he refused 4 times. Bottom line Marty Powell is THE BEST welder i ever met . I know a few of y'all on the board have dealt with him. Just wanted to say thanks bro and if anyone needs a shortened mid,drive shaft,or anything else that needs top notch weldin. Marty Powell IS the man

Oh yeah he has a really hot wife and a super cool son

Again thanks Marty
    Bob
    STV MOD VP
    2.5 EFI

THROTTLE FLAT TO THE FLOOR TILL YOU SEE GOD....THEN LIFT

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    marty is the one who does the 15 inch mids here in florida ! great guy
    SEEBOLD CHAMPBOAT MERCURY S3000

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, Marty does a Quality job on everything he does. His mids all very high quality and STRONG!! If Parker didn't crack the one on blurred vision, they won't crack. Great person to deal with to!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matry Powell for President

Too bad he's not on here. Super nice guy. He did mine last winter and it is a work of art. What do guys use for a down trim stop after it is cut so that it won't hit the ram?

Craig
    16' Inland TigerShark Flatbottom/
    1978 Merc1400withXS Mid
    coming soon: 2.4 220 Lazer EFI/Marty Powell 15"mid
    - - -
    1988 Weeres 24ft pontoon/30hp Evinrude party barge
    - - -
    1991 STV Pro Comp/Mercury 1996 2.5 260

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsoncat
    Too bad he's not on here. Super nice guy. He did mine last winter and it is a work of art. What do guys use for a down trim stop after it is cut so that it won't hit the ram?

Craig
    You can use wedges to regain your lost down trim and remember to keep it off the ram.

The same day Rotten took his lower to Marty I took over a titanium roll cage for a R/C car that got run over by a real car. Marty welded it all together in 2 minutes and you can't tell where he worked on it. Steady hand and good knowledge of metals. I've had him weld many items for me over the years and never got anything back but the best. Thanks Marty
    Last edited by JohnBoy; 06-06-2006 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    nelson cat , i ground the front of my CLE down when i had mine , cut it back bout a 1/2 inch before the stud , and had about 1/8 th clearance...
    SEEBOLD CHAMPBOAT MERCURY S3000