Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post want to restore my 79 cvz-19 HELP

First off, I'm new to this forum and its amazing i wished i would have found it a year ago. I was looking for a nice vegas xt and couldn't find one so a ran across this Glastron Carlson and picked it up cheap. I find this site and theres like 8 of every dream boat i ever had. O'well i like the open bow. Enough with my story. On the bow of my boat in the corners of the open bow the hull is cracked also on the transum it is cracked on both sides as well. Now I have ran the boat to 55mph. Mind you its on 80 175 johnny. The transume doesnt so any sgns of flex weather im running it across a rough lake wide open or pulling on the motor in the garage. BUT i would like to repair it. It was reenforced by the previous owner with a steel cap on the transume. I'm very farmiliar with all aspect of autobody repair. BUT I do not have a clue about how to do a boat. I figure I have got my moneys worth out of it so what the hell. I'll try to fix it my self.

This is where i need help. Any imput anyone could give me would be great. Where could i get information about hual restoring and repair. Any advice, insperations or plan comments. I want them all. Maybe I'm in up to my neck but hey I figure if i can pull this off the pay off will be huge. You know self worth.

Also the hual says its rated for no biger the 175.. I say that bull. I need at least a 225 for it. When a rebuild the transume can i get the hual rerated or just go with it.

Thank you all for your time.
    Jake

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off welcome to the site!!!
    second fill in location under your user cp so we all know where your from sometimes locals can be of better help by just stopping by and taking a look or meeting at a local lake or river ( keep in mind there sre people from all over the world here)
    OK now to the boat???if your transom is cracked you may have a moisture problem in the core?? as far as the cracks up front they probably stress cracks.....

Use the search at the top pf the page to look for moister meters then move on to transom rebuilds or restores..The search tool has been a little funny lately but is still the best Tool to use to find info I'm sure other will chime in to help out also

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    I'd slam my d*** in a car door before I'd comment on this thread.
    This almost beats cheesey!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweet thanks for the input

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, the search is the way to go. If it don't work try googling this site also to find stuff. You need to find out what wood is rotten or wet first to determine what repairs you need. To do a whole transom it is nice to split the top off the boat and take it out from inside and not cut the skin....plus it is not as easy to finish off the skin as say a car is. The fillers don't sand as easy and many auto light fillers are not waterproof. You want your transom and stringers to be in very good condition if you are putting a big motor on, so don't cheat in that area. If it is good then all you would need is to repair the damage to the glass and maybe some knees or other beefing up if needed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome!

I've done some work on my CVX 20!
    I can send some pictures of my stringers and transom if you like.
    How about a picture of your interior, I'm curious how glastron did the bow seating.
    Tx JJB
    chrome don't get ya home!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carlsonspeed.com

Here's another site to ck out!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a memeber of carlsonspeed. That site is great. It is a little small but Tom Brown has done a great job putting out some real thorough information. Hes a huge help. I wish I had a neighbor like him. I would love to see pics of your restore job. I'll email you some pics of the bow seating area. It may be a day or so. I'm stationed at Fort Riley kanasas and the boat is in WI at my dads. I'll have him take some pics and then i'll get them to ya.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did some time in the Army!

Never made it to Fort Riley. I was in Germany most of my hitch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    never made it out of riley. I've been here 3 years and im gettin out. 1 deployment to Iraq is enough for me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

big round rocks

hey ,wisconsin the only state with 2 seasons ,winter and road work,i live in neenah ,wheres ellsworth, im redoing my transum right now and its a mess ,just took the floation out today 2 55 gal drums ,sucks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ellsworth is In Pierce county, I should change it I live in Hager City WI which is right on the mississippi, Both are about 40min south east of the Twin Cities. I hear ya about the seasons and where is Neenah?

As for the boat maybe I'll get at it this summer, I gut it out and its sitting next to the shed under a tarp. I would like to just get rid of it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey big round ,neenah is on lake winnebago ,where they spear the sturgeon geral!!the big fishy ,i actually live in larson ,its at the mouth of the wolf river ,i will send you a privatemess,johnny rotten