Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must be thinking of the other caddy engine, so 360. 3.55s Figure in the larger diameter wheels and this ratio is actually smaller. With overdrive, even lower. 4,490 lbs. registration. 1997 ram

The Deville is 2.93 SH weight 4,660 L-dog 3.07 Shipping weight is listed as 4,550
    Cars weigh as much as the truck does. Actually more.
    aerodynamics don't count much at sub 45 mph. They do some, but not much.
    Cars were driven with modern non high octane gas, but as high as available. Truck is low, the only good thing about it.

360 x 3.55 = 1,278 cu in per wheel revolution. This wheel has traveled furthest. The truck has traveled further.
    472 x 2.93 = 1,382
    472 x 3.07 = 1,449 427 x 4.11 = 1,754 but 3,200 lbs. This wheel has traveled less than any of the others.

The truck does have a pretty blocky tread and is pumped to about 50% of its rating. 80 psi max. So could have something to do with it?
    Still you would think 30 years and less cubes and with I'm guessing about the same final drive...
    The big question I suppose is what am I doing with a 3200 pound car with a 7 liter engine and 4.11s
    '90 STV
    '96 260
    under construction

for far too long

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aerodynamics don't count much at sub 45 mph. They do some, but not much
    Thats true, very true.

I think the big thing with todays gas motors is the emmissions crap. Cats dont help fuel mileage, nor do all the other crap on them. smog pumps, etc all rob power (your dodge shouldnt have a smog pump though, I dont think).
    Another huge power robber now days is all the electronics. With all this frickin electronic crap, alternators are made larger to supply more juice. that hurts some.

If you wanna figure the final drive ratio between the vehicles, the od on the A518/46RE should be .069:1 (the truck).

Is your truck 2wd or 4wd?? Half ton??
    2001 Carrera 257 Effect X with twin 300 Promax's
    1985 Centurion Tunnel with 1988 2.4 200hp Chrome Bore, stock for now

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my dodge

I have a 2005 1500 quad cab, K&N and a duel Stainless Gibson exhaust systen. The truck rides great, yes the miliage sucks a little, but if your not going to buy a truck because of 4 or 5 miles per gallon, you need to buy a toytoa, not a mans truck like a dodge. I can still spank a chevey or a ford while towing my boat.

jm2cents
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails avtar.jpg  
    James Thompson V/P www.NEODA.org

Fly it high, Fly it often

rv on lake in hillsdale/house in lincoln park
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heres our 1500 awsome truck fast to smokes tires every corner
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hemi 2_edited.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	121907

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hemi ass_edited.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	121908
    Last edited by kay75; 02-01-2007 at 12:21 AM.
    1967 geniva 15ft 40hp merc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    22mpg out of a full size, especially a quad...hhaaaaaa, ya right.. Sorry to say the Hemis in the Dodges aren't even real Hemis but they came back with the gimmic and people fell for it. A Hemi in a 69 Dodge Charger is a real Hemi just not a money making name like Dodge made it to be today You paid for a Hemi then and thats what you got. Up in the north country where trucks take real punishing beatings and tow more than jet skis you see nothing but Silverados. No truck is going to touch one on fuel mileage and the 5.3 and 6.0 are bulletproof and I hate to say this and I'm going to regret it but if you want the ultimate tow machine that steps on the Dodge and you don't care about fuel mileage the Titan is an absolute beast, especially this years. Like I've said before, vehicles are a game of luck, your either going to have it or your not.
    (Apricot)
    Hydrostream Ventura II/Merc
    (sold)
    (Bruiser Scheme)
    Hydrostream Viking/Merc
    (sold)
    (tri color letdown scheme)
    Hydrostream Valero/Merc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    22mpg out of a full size, especially a quad...hhaaaaaa, ya right..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking dodge pickups

i've run alot of dodges in my 30 plus years of driving,and they have all given my very good service.working for a engine rebuilder has also given me the info to figure that the dodge seems to be the strongest driveline. fords seem to have wierd issues in electrical,and the chev/gmc seem to be gutless compared to the hemi. the downside is those horses like at eat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up in the north country where trucks take real punishing beatings and tow more than jet skis you see nothing but Silverados. No truck is going to touch one on fuel mileage and the 5.3 and 6.0 are bulletproof and I hate to say this and I'm going to regret it but if you want the ultimate tow machine that steps on the Dodge and you don't care about fuel mileage the Titan is an absolute beast
    Im sorry, but no 5.3 or 6.0 can tow what a diesel can. If they were really towing heavy, they would have a diesel. Same goes for the titan. I'll hook twice the weight behind my truck, and bet $$ that I can still out tow the titan and get better mileage to boot.

--Jeff

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience with two different dodge trucks, mileage on a single cab with the 318 about 16, mileage with a quad cab, same powertrain, about 12, without towing crap, loved both trucks....buuut, brakes at about 20k miles (dealer said thats normal) mileage sucked on the second truck and the dealer was NOT helpful at all, overall my expeirence with dealer customer service sucked, I ended up trading it in for a chevy, and the difference in mileage made up the difference in payment.....there is a reason most dealerships right now are offering sweetheart deals on dodges...
    Wile E. Coyote: (acceleratus vulgaris)

Its amazing how heavy a GPS can be.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually get better milage in my 06 Ram 1500 w/5.7 Hemi than I did in my 98 Dakota w/5.2 318. I get around 14mpg city driving on the VERY congested South Florida streets. I only got around 12mpg with the Dakota. Also, maybe if I lived in BFE with no traffic lights or traffic jams, I could get another 2-3 mpg. The 1500 gets 19mpg highway at 75mph. I get 14mpg towing my Action. Love both trucks. Sold the Dakota with 125,000 miles. Enginge and tranny were 100% solid when I sold it. Only replaced the water pump and a/c compressor in the 6+ years I owned the Dakota.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    My F-150 Supercrew Lariat gets about 18/21-22.
    B.S. the dodge will averadge 14 m.p.g.,pretty nice truck,the hemi will get er done.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well ill chime in here as well I have a 2001 Dodge Ram club cab 4X4 cummins 24v w/5 speed 3.55 gears dana 60 front dana 80 rear. The truck has 4"mbrp ,exaust edge juice with attitude , afe intake and fass fuel system,south bend clucth. I get between 20-21 unloaded with edge set in stg 3. Towing a 19 travel trailer and 2 quads in the bed of the truck it will still get 17-18 as long as you keep it under 2000rpm. The newer diesel 03-up havent proved to get the mieage the older ones do. I wouldnt own a doge truck without the cummins, ive heard horror storys of 8- 10mpg with lifted hemi trucks. A older anal guy i work with has the same truck as mine but with a 6speed and has gotten as high as 24-25 with running exactly 60mph on trips , I wont do that hes rerady to retire hes got the time to take it slow. This is my second cummins dodge and I can say a bad thing about them. I know with the cummins the more mileage the get they tend to get better fuel mileage im at 170k. I heard there not really broken in till 50-70k. Aaron

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the tests and comparisons for 07 are out. In all the Ford and Dodge finished last in all of them. The conclusion is the Ford is powerless and the Silverado, Titan and Tundra show more power than the other two in all aspects and thats with a 1000lb trailer and the other two empty. The Titan and Tundra killed that Hemi. Worst part is the Titan and Tundra are more American made than all the American trucks in the comparison
    (Apricot)
    Hydrostream Ventura II/Merc
    (sold)
    (Bruiser Scheme)
    Hydrostream Viking/Merc
    (sold)
    (tri color letdown scheme)
    Hydrostream Valero/Merc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also compair apples to apples!

Road and track called the Toyota smoke and mirrors!

Now, the big engine option in all the trucks, the Toyota with the 6 speed and 4:30 gear did the best job. (no brainier) But gas consumption is off the charts!

Chevy does the second best but very very close!

GM will have the 6 speed available before 07 ends like they do in the SUV's.

But here is were the difference comes out!

Take the basic engines! The smaller v-8's and Toyota and Nissan are not even close in any aspect!

Chevy and Ford dominate this category! Dodge was also better but in the middle.

Al

And yes, I hate the misconception Toyota is playing!

NISSAN with not pass a gas pump! It's that bad!
    “The bitterness of poor quality & service remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nissan, toyota, etc. Are NOT more american made then the chevy ford or dodge.

Look at the number of people that are employed LIVING in the US due to directly working for gm or ford or dodge, vs toyota or nissan. Then look at the # of people in the US who work for a supplier to GM, Ford OR Dodge, and compare that to Toyota or Nissan, then look at how many people supply to those people, all the way down. Then look at the number of people that have jobs servicing, selling, reselling, etc. You WILL Find that the domestics have a MUCH bigger effect on EMPLOYED people living on american soil and that they are MUCH MORE AMERICAN.

Say what you will, but do the research, I have......(I am indirectly employed because of the auto industry, not because of toyota or nissan, how about you?)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast