Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pic of the cap

86 Checkmate Enticer 6' jack plate hyd-steering 2.0 merc cowl vents low water scoops laser II floor stringers vinyl gauges and wiring all new (BOAT IS SOLD) 78 CVX20 Jet Project in the works BBC conversion. SML SUPERJETS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Skeekcraft decal

86 Checkmate Enticer 6' jack plate hyd-steering 2.0 merc cowl vents low water scoops laser II floor stringers vinyl gauges and wiring all new (BOAT IS SOLD) 78 CVX20 Jet Project in the works BBC conversion. SML SUPERJETS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like one hell of a project , good luck with it. Keep us posted as you go , it will be nice to see it get finished.
    OneBigAssMistakeAmerica

"No good deed goes unpunished"

81 Sanger Alleycat

1984 21' Carrazza w/mariner magnum 2.5 200 EFI

www.rinaldi-engines.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's one bada$$ looking back of the Camaro in the background. Looks like a drag car. I see the 1 slick sitting there behind the boat top.

------------'82 Vector - Mercury 2.4 Bridgeport "MOD"
    "Life is short - Get there fast...MERCURY"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Mike it's a outlaw street car being de-tuned for thr street

Quote Originally Posted by vector mike
    That's one bada$$ looking back of the Camaro in the background. Looks like a drag car. I see the 1 slick sitting there behind the boat top.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back to my Enticer set up

Ok the second prop I tested was a Hustler 14.25 X 21. That prop did not hook up on the hole shot it wanted to blow out on take off, I lost 3 to 4 mph and the RPM's went up from 5100 or 5200 with the 13.75 X 23 Laser II to 5600 to 5700 with the Hustler. The boat acted crazy in turns. It wanted to rock from side to side really bad but did this only when turning. Why did that happen? It didn't feel like my usual 57 to 60 MPH chine walk. This was a rocking sensation from side to side. I do have two other props to try. The first is a 14 X 21 Trophy plus 4 blade. I hope this will be the one that works best. I want a better take off, solid turning, and 60 mph with no chine walk. I hope the 4th blade will make this prop turn RPM's like a 14 x 22 3 blade. The second prop is a 14 x 22 Tempest 3 blade. I will get to test run next on wednsday the 17th. I will let yall know how that worked out. Thanks Fred

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been following your conversations. A lot of good info.
    I think you will like the 4 blade for what you are trying to accomplish.
    From my experience (21' Starflight), the 4 blade is the best compromise for speed and handling as well as hole shot on these older heavier hulls.
    I think you will notice a big improvement.
    Another benefit is the 4 blade tends to help with transome lift. You want to lift the boat out of the water while still keeping a fairly level posture. Over trimming and an overly high bow with that hull will not only slow you down but make the boat handle poorly.

Hope thats helpfull.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Show Time

Hi Show Time, I ran the Trophy Plus today and wow what a killer hole shot! That thing don't play around on take off. The 14x21 Trophy runs the same RPM as my 13.75x23 Laser at WOT but the Trophy runs 5 mph slower ?? The Trophy made the boat feel like it was slipping all around on ice ?? I remover the plugs from the Laser, went up 1/2" on the jack plate then retestd. This helped the the hole shot big time. Still boggs down some but not 1/2 as long as it did before. The water pressure was still good at 18 pounds at WOT and I picked up one mile per hour. After testing 3 props I think the Laser II is the one I will stick with. I want to thank every one for the comments and suggestions it was a big help to this rookie. Thanks Fred!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Fred,

Sounds like what you are feeling with the Trophy is the boat finally getting some lift. You may benefit from some further testing of your engine hight prop pitch and trim angles.

Good Luck.
    "Show Time"
    21' Checkmate Starflight 1986

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep going up on the jack plate

Quote Originally Posted by Show Time
    Hey Fred,

Sounds like what you are feeling with the Trophy is the boat finally getting some lift. You may benefit from some further testing of your engine hight prop pitch and trim angles.

Good Luck.
    Thanks Show Time. I plan on going up on the jack plate with 1/2" adjustments to the point of loosing water pressure or bite then I will tweek it back down as needed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just my 2 cents worth. If I was only getting 5200 rpm with that laser I would get a smaller pitch. Try the 21 laser and let the motor hit 5600. You will find the hole shot much better and you may even find an increase in top speed. I had a 21 pitch on my sea ray with that same motor and I found it ran much better with the 19 pitch laser.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 21 22 or 23 pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly
    Just my 2 cents worth. If I was only getting 5200 rpm with that laser I would get a smaller pitch. Try the 21 laser and let the motor hit 5600. You will find the hole shot much better and you may even find an increase in top speed. I had a 21 pitch on my sea ray with that same motor and I found it ran much better with the 19 pitch laser.
    Hi Spudly, I'm told that my numbers just don't work. I'm told that running just over 60 at 52 to 5300 rpm can't be done with my set up. They say that the speedo or the tac must be wrong. Next time out I am going to take a GPS to check the speedo. If the boat is running at 60 or nearly 60 the tac must be off and showing lower numbers. If so I may have the correct pitch now. If it is the tac that's off I really don't know how to fix it but will give Teleflex a phone call. Thanks Fred!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feels like 60

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice shot. it looks pretty stable there. did you work out the chine?
    21' Rally Sport-3.6gt 300 Johnson
    17' Sutphen Sport Pacer-90 Evinrude

My Boat Album

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Hi Boston

It seems like the higher I go up with the jack plate the better the chine walk is. I just went up another 1/2" but have not ran it at that hight. I think it's up about as far as I can go. The bottom of the scoops are almost totally of the water now. Don't know if the water pressure is still going to be good but I will find out monday. If not back down 1/4" retest and that will be about it for this set up. Looks like I will need to install a nose cone kit if I want to go up higher. I'm ready to see your new boat on the water. It Looks fantastic, I think you are going to like the extra room. Thanks Fred!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast