Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would they advise you not to install solid mounts? Is it just that you only want to do 2? All the HP motors come with solid mounts from the factory. The 2 uper mounts are a PITA to install because you have to remove the powerhead. But you will never have a well handling boat at fast speeds with out them.
    Last edited by vector mike; 05-05-2006 at 06:27 AM.

------------'82 Vector - Mercury 2.4 Bridgeport "MOD"
    "Life is short - Get there fast...MERCURY"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solid Motor Mounts

Mike, All my Checkmate-boats.com buds suggest I run 4 solid mounts but they say not to mix 2 solid with 2 rubber. I had asked about just installing 2 solid mounts in the bottom only. They said that was not a good idea. I feel like one of my big problems is the prop. I have no hole shot at all and I am down about 500 on the RPM'S at WOT. My TH-Marine hole-shot plate came today. I understand that it won't fix my problems but it may still be a good thing to have. We have a real good board member that has a prop shop in WVA. Gary "aka" Boatman is going to work with me to help me find the best prop for my set up. Looks like I have 3 problems that I need to fix. If I can calm down the chime walk some, get some kind of hole shot and get in the correct RPM range I think it will be done. I think the correct prop will take care of the hole shot and RPM's. If I get lucky it may even help the chime walk some. Thanks Mike
    Last edited by 86ENTICER; 05-06-2006 at 04:56 AM.
    86 Checkmate Enticer 6' jack plate hyd-steering 2.0 merc cowl vents low water scoops laser II floor stringers vinyl gauges and wiring all new (BOAT IS SOLD) 78 CVX20 Jet Project in the works BBC conversion. SML SUPERJETS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are right about only using 2 soild mounts. You need to do all of them or none. It really is worth the effort to put them in though. Just a few hours one day lifting off the power head and changing them out will help you out alot in the handling department. Your plate you mention won't have any effect on your running at speed because it is out of the water then. It only helps in planing. I made an aluminum one for mine(I copied the Allison one)and it alows you to stay on plane at a lower speed. I didn't really notice a difference when taking off with mine but I really didn't have a problem there anyways I only noticed that I could slow down to a lower speed before it would fall off of plane. That's great that you have someone that will help you out with the prop. Hope you find your correct setup. Keep working at it and you will eventualy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Vector Mike

I think It's really cool to have the support and the help setting my boat up. When one dosn't know what they are doing they need all the help they can get. I want to thank you for helping me out Mike. I will let you know how things are working out as we tune on it. One other thing....... I found a 14" Hydrostream with a 70 merc for sale in our local boat trader. I think our boat trader covers the VA-NC-MD & DC area. I think the price was $2.500 I'm not sure of the model? The add says it's a "good water ski boat" LOL LOL I say It's a good go fast boat!!!
    Last edited by 86ENTICER; 05-06-2006 at 08:23 PM.
    86 Checkmate Enticer 6' jack plate hyd-steering 2.0 merc cowl vents low water scoops laser II floor stringers vinyl gauges and wiring all new (BOAT IS SOLD) 78 CVX20 Jet Project in the works BBC conversion. SML SUPERJETS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's a 14 footer it's a Vandal or a Vixen. Check out the IHR. It will tell you all about those and other Hydrostream models. It sure would be a fun little boat. But then I would have to have atleast a 150 on it. I like to atleast double the recomended HP.

Here's the IHR website.

http://www.hydrostream.org/Specific%20Models/Models.htm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

14' stream

Mike I checked out IHR and it looks like a Vandal with no windshield but it does have a grab rail all the way around the cap. It's a cool looking boat. I have a 1986 90 merc tower that I could use on it. Not way big horse power but it would be fun with the tower on it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A hydraulic jack plate would help your hole shot , you would be able to bury it for a good hole shot and then jack it for top end but if you get one you really need a low water pick up to get all you can from the hyd plate. Chine walk problems can be caused form many things and some just need to be tamed with seat time and driving technique. Try cutting slightly to the right while accelorating for top end then after you think you have passed the point of the chine walk straighten it out and see if it flys straight. Oh yeah... not to bust on ya but it is chine not chime.
    OneBigAssMistakeAmerica

"No good deed goes unpunished"

81 Sanger Alleycat

1984 21' Carrazza w/mariner magnum 2.5 200 EFI

www.rinaldi-engines.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Northeastcat

Northeastcat Thanks for the information. I looked at the power jack plates but didn't want to make that big of an investment at the time. I like the Bobs machine shop plates. I understand that I will never have a "hot boat" with this set up. Ending up with a good looking family run about that is kind of fast will make me happy. The next one I rebuild will be the hot one. One day I want to redo an older hydrostream or a sleek craft tunnel. We have a 1975 Sleekcraft 18' mod V bottom OB that we just started on. It's just a shell it this point. It was capped just last week and It needs all new wood and then some. That thing is giong to be a really fast boat when it's done. My friend who now has the boat has a 250XB he want's to use on it. Thanks for the comments and help man. PS chine not chime thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Pic of the 1975 Sleekcraft Kauai

Last edited by 86ENTICER; 05-10-2006 at 03:50 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

hey 86enticer, not much to add to the good advice you have received already, but wanted to welcome you to scream and fly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kauai !!!!!

So that is the model of that Sleekcraft, my friend has one and we have never been able to figure out the model name of it. His is a jet with a 460 , lots of fun just not fast.
    OneBigAssMistakeAmerica

"No good deed goes unpunished"

81 Sanger Alleycat

1984 21' Carrazza w/mariner magnum 2.5 200 EFI

www.rinaldi-engines.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Montana
    hey 86enticer, not much to add to the good advice you have received already, but wanted to welcome you to scream and fly.
    Thanks Tony glad to be on board

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

18'Sleekcraft Kauai Rare boat ?

Quote Originally Posted by northeastcat
    So that is the model of that Sleekcraft, my friend has one and we have never been able to figure out the model name of it. His is a jet with a 460 , lots of fun just not fast.
    Yep we had one heck of a time hunting down informatiom on this boat. www.roosterware.com is selling classic jet boat decals and shirts. That's how we figured out what we had by looking at the decals they offer. They also have some cool early brochures of the Sleekcraft line with pics of the the Kauai jet. The Sleekcraft history is really cool. We traced the company from California to Arizona with Bruce Nescher. After the company was sold out the two brothers that own Swift Trucking Company wanted to buy the the mold for the 20' v-tunnel but it was sold to an man in Ont. Canada. He still offers that boat custom built to this day. His nane is Roy F Lewis and he is a realy nice man. If any one wants a new 1970's Sleekcraft 20' V-tunnel give him a call (1-905-604-1863)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Dragging the Kauai out of the woods.IT WAS A FREE BOAT

Last edited by 86ENTICER; 05-11-2006 at 09:04 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sVc logo on the dash. WE WANT TO RE-CHROME THAT

Last edited by 86ENTICER; 05-11-2006 at 09:06 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast