Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will only lift dirt out of textures that are coarser than the brush bristles. Nothing is smaller or finer than the surface of the Eraser. I get steering cable grease stains out of my 20 year old seat vinyl using a Magic Eraser and plain water. After it dries, a quick buff with a dry towel brings back the shine without any damaging chemical agents.

I'll have to try the awesome stuff sometime.
    Last edited by pyro; 06-17-2008 at 09:07 PM.
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try Awesome as a pre-treatement on greasy laundry stains, too. It does the job. I've used the eraser on my boat and bike seats with good luck. I will try the Awesome next to see how it compares.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys I am simply looking to clean my seats and get the white " white " again, and it sounds like the majic eraser is the shizzit but I want to warn you about the Ausome, I used to use it to clean my white haulmark car trailer all the time and it always seemed to do a good job but after using it several times it seems the citric acids started to wash the paint off, and now it looks like shizzit and needs paint.

21 Skater 300 x

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magic eraser

I just tried the magic eraser,extra power,works good,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0665.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" valign="top" width="55%" align="left">
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/152/addthis_widget.js"></script> <!-- AddThis Button END -->
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="main_img"> <!-- Add Sale Display Code --> <!-- img src="./images/SALE_WEB_big.gif" border="0" width="75" height="74" ALT="SALE" style="position: relative; z-index: 1; top: 25; left: 5;" --> </td> <td style="padding-right: 10px;">
    </td> <td valign="top"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="height: 10px;">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr style="padding-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 10px;"> <td valign="bottom" align="left"> </td> <td> </td> <td valing="bottom" align="right"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <script language="javascript"> function viewSection(vID){ var tabObj,sctObj,i,imgSrc,tmpObj; for (i=1;i<=4;i++){ sctObj = "sctCont"+i; tabObj = "sctTab"+i; if (document.getElementById(sctObj)){ tmpObj = document.getElementById(tabObj+'_1'); imgSrc = tmpObj.src; if (vID==i){ tmpObj.src = imgSrc.replace("Off.jpg","On.jpg") showPageObj(sctObj); } else { tmpObj.src = imgSrc.replace("On.jpg","Off.jpg") hidePageObj(sctObj); } } } } function showPageObj(item) { obj = document.getElementById(item); obj.style.display = 'block'; } function hidePageObj(item) { obj = document.getElementById(item); obj.style.display = 'none'; } </script> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td></td><td></td> <td></td><td></td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="3" style="padding-top: 10px; font-size: 11px;"> <!-- Tech Specs block --> Amazing Roll-Off cleaner was developed for tough boating stains, from grease to rust on canvas to vinyl. Non-acid base is biodegradable and environmentally safe. Roll-Off leaves a gleaming, rust inhibiting, waxlike finish which actually resists dirt. Works with water. Excellent as a general purpose cleaner diluted in water (you must dilute it before using on painted surfaces). Boaters swear by this for cleaning canvas, fiberglass, leather, teak, vinyl, sails, bimini tops, formica, stainless steel, chrome, copper and more.

I have used this cleaner and it works just as they say, good product...
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Magic Eraser pads, cheap, no chemicals and only uses water.........put your favorite protective wipe on after.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    Magic Eraser pads, cheap, no chemicals and only uses water.........put your favorite protective wipe on after.
    It don't get any easier than this............

Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just remember alcohol causes vinyl to crack!
    why ask me ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess I'm bringing back an old tread but I've got some serious mildew issues with the vinyl on my interior. I've used a bunch of products, including the magic eraser. Some work better than others. Is it just a matter of using a whole bunch of magic erasers on one seat? I used one and it helped but there was still significant mildew stains. I'd hate to have to re-uppolster my boat just because of mildew stains. If I have to buy a case of magic erasers to get the seats clean again, I will.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The red seats on my PWCs turn black from sitting under covers all Winter long on the back patio. It takes several boxes of Magic Erasers to make a dent in the stains, but nothing else works. Sometimes I will combine some bleach with the magic erasers since the seats have no stiching in them. Don't use chlorine on boat seats or your boat cover, I found out when my Factory Allison cover pulled apart on the way down to the Keys.....

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stokernick View Post
    just remember alcohol causes vinyl to crack!
    Silicones,UV, suntan lotion and body oil [from sweat] do too. Once the natural oils are gone from the vinyl, they become brittle.

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JR IN JAX View Post
    The red seats on my PWCs turn black from sitting under covers all Winter long on the back patio. It takes several boxes of Magic Erasers to make a dent in the stains, but nothing else works. Sometimes I will combine some bleach with the magic erasers since the seats have no stiching in them. Don't use chlorine on boat seats or your boat cover, I found out when my Factory Allison cover pulled apart on the way down to the Keys.....
    Thanks JR. That's exactly my problem. The boat cover wasn't vented enough and the seats got nasty mold/mildew stains. I guess I'll just have to stock up on the magic erasers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Action Dave View Post
    Thanks JR. That's exactly my problem. The boat cover wasn't vented enough and the seats got nasty mold/mildew stains. I guess I'll just have to stock up on the magic erasers.
    One thing that worked for me was soft scrub gel with bleach, used WITH a magic erasor. since it is a gel you can get it just on the stain, and not all over the stitching etc. I Do suggest a vinyl treatment afterwards though.

http://www.softscrub.com/Soft-Scrub-...leach-Cleanser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestion, I will find some of it and try it with the Magic Erasers.

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    One thing that worked for me was soft scrub gel with bleach, used WITH a magic erasor. since it is a gel you can get it just on the stain, and not all over the stitching etc. I Do suggest a vinyl treatment afterwards though.

http://www.softscrub.com/Soft-Scrub-...leach-Cleanser
    I'll give it a shot. The funny thing is the material and stitching are still in excellent shape, it's just mildew-y.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast