Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Hitch N Go

Has anyone had any experience with this product. All the surfaces around my house have a slope so it is difficult to hook and remove the trailer to/from the truck. The Hitch and Go product attaches the ball to the trailer and has the coupler attached to your vehicle. It looks like a good idea and has the added benefit of theft deterence. Since the ball coupler is attached to the truck and the ball itself is attached to the trailer unless some has the same setup they could drag your boat away easily. Let me know any positive or negative comments if you're familiar. Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hitch and go...

have heard of it, cost???? what if ya tow different trailers? I have 3 to four different trailers that I tow regularily, would I have to swap all the stuff around? or would i just set each up to couple to the truck? whats the equiptment cost?
    80' Vector, White Frig off the transom under restoration.
    Stratos fish n ski, 200 hp Johnson. More family friendly!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like a slick idea though............

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hitch N Go

You would have to rig each trailer to work with device. The biggest downside I see is not having anyone else be able to trailer your boat. On the other hand it would make it almost impossible to steal the boat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree there...

It would suck, the unfortunate cou8ld happen where you'd need another to tow for ya... And yea, someone would try to Hock the boat from ya, and they'd be like, WHAT THE HELL KINDA' HITCH IS THAT?!?!?! I dunno, if ya can, get a website for em' or maybe some pics........ Like to see how it hooks up exactly.....
    Later,
    ~Tony~

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here ya go Tony

Here is the website I found these things at, kind of pricey. I have seen some standard hitches that can move around to facilitate hookup and may pursue that angle.

I live in a hilly neighborhood and hitching up is always exciting. Trailer must always be hooked to vehicle or have chocks in place.

http://www.hitch-n-go.com/index.html

If anyone knows of a good setup for hitches let me know. Thanks.

P.S. Didn't get no steak last Friday but pork tenderloin instead (that was okay with me). I see ya didn't make it out Saturday but I doubt it would have been much fun.

Here's to some good weather soon.

If you travel you should consider the Otterfest get together that a bunch of Minnesota guys put together. There is one June 15 and one July 13. I can get more details if you're interested.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HalfB, the second........

Otterfest is on the 20th of July, not the 13th. At least that's what I remember from the letter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Halfeb

hey, nope, didn't make it out Saturday or sunday, too damn COLD!!! brrrrr.........
    Thanks for the link for the hitches, will check it out!!!!!!!!! As for that otterfest, yea, lemme know when and where, I am looking for more occasions to hit this summer... Thanks, take it easy, and the Pork sounds greta as well!!!!! lol...
    See ya,
    ~Tony..
    ps, still can't figure out, well, doesn't seem to let me anyway, put in a pic for my Avatar??/ How do I do that???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1: they already make several - back into it and it hooks it up - hitches. None of the others require a reversal and having 2 balls instead of one. (lol).
    2: you can still steal it. The hitching device is called safety chains

They have a swinging hitch that swings side to side to line up to the ball. After hooked up manualy you pull ahead and it locks.
    Another is like the patent reversal ball thing. It has a chute surrounding the ball, the hitch hits it and is centered, then you drop it down on the ball manualy.

Something I've considered is setting the tongue wheel on a swivel for lift movement. Hook a hydraulic ram to it for raising the trailer for hook-up and for draining/storage. Right now my tongue wieght is low enough to pick it up easily.

For a constant hilly problem you might want to invest in a little gardening and put in some hidden berm/ wheel guides. Something like the things in carwashes so the wheels can only follow a planned direction.

If the trailer wheels were in a couple of shallow troughs then the boat couldn't pivot on the hill. It might level it some too.
    '90 STV
    '96 260
    under construction

for far too long

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Balzy is correct

Sorry I got the date of the second Otterfest wrong. See what happens when I do things from memory. I haven't gotten that date memorized as I can't go (conflicts with Rockfest).

I think I may have to look at some of those swivel hitches. The biggest problem isn't even getting it hitched up. Unhitching the bugger can be a challange as the downhill force of the boat buries the tongue end of the hitch against the ball. If I didn't love being on the water....well, I don't know what but lets not go there.

Thanks for the good ideas.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost forgot

Don't miss BTTWF Balls to the Walls fest. I think it is posted on this board's gatherings site. Balzy puts this on, formerly known as pre-firewater, and it is a lot of fun. Or so I've heard. He always plans it so I can't be there...something about towing me enough at the other get togethers...or was that Thumper that was saying that. Oh well, you get the point

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Boaterbum, here is the link to the post for BTTW.....