Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NGK blue spark plug wires Resistor Wires?

Are they resister wires so they don't interfere with the computer? Or will these wires interfer with the ECU. Someone is asking if these wires will interfer with the ECU on the engine?

I always thought it was the spark plug being a different plug Resistor Plug in the engine is what causes that or not.

Can anyone tell me what the answer is on that?

Is it the wire or the plug that will keep the resistance to the ECU?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN3192.JPG  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody have an idea of what I am talking about?

Is there some special plug wires that are resister plug wires out there?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what you are asking is what do I need to lessen interferance from the secondary side of an ignition system. The best is to use both resistor spark plugs and resistor wires. Look on those NGK wires and I'll bet you see the OHM/omega sign printed on the insulation. Measure the resistance value of the wire, probably 1,500 ohms per foot of legnth, I can't remember. If it measures 0 restance it is non resistor wire. A spark plug #BPR6ES the (R ) designates it as a resistor plug, there again you could measure the restance value of the electrode.
    Gary

I don't know enough, to leave well enough alone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aken from the NGK website:

CONSTRUCTION
    A ferrite magnetic layer consisting of a mixture of rubber, plastic and powdered ferrite magnetic materials, offers uniform resistance and unsurpassed conductivity. NGK wires have a lower resistance than conventional carbon core wires (8k ohm/meter vs. 16k ohm/meter). This comparison is important to remember when you consider that many manufacturers recommend wires be replaced when the resistance exceeds 20k ohm/meter. This does not leave much margin for wear when the wire may only meet original standards at the very early stages of its life.
    At the center of NGK Resistor Spark Plug Wire Sets is a fiberglass stranded core, made from the same family of materials used in bullet proof vests. This core greatly enhances the overall strength of the wire, providing a super strength backbone on which the various layers of the wire assembly are formed. The core gives protection from damage caused by the pulling strains that wires are often subjected to and that can destroy their performance.
    High quality EPDM and Silicone coverings are used to resist high heat, oil and chemical damage for increased durability.
    Custom designed terminal boots are always used to provide exact fit (not universal fit like other major wire manufacturers). Each NGK ignition wire is fitted with a positive locking, corrosion resistant nickel plated terminal end for tight fit and maximum resistance to vibration and separation.
    Disclaimer: Everything I post is just my .02, and should be take only as opinion. These opinions tend to be notoriously WRONG, and any that are correct, can only be attributed to my being dropped on my head as a small child - repeatedly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plug wires

Non-resistor wires use a solid core, and put out a LOT of RF noise. Most resistor wires are spirally wound over a carbon core. Any engine with EFI will use resistor wires.

Reading resistance with a meter can be misleading. The meter will give a reading through the core, not just through the high tension windings where the energy actually travels.

The longest lasting wires I have found are Magnecor wires. These are VERY good wires. The MSD wires are good as well, but they don't last nearly as long as the Magnecor wires.

If you run the engine in low light conditions (on the hose, at night), make sure you don't see any glowing or arcs, they mean the wires are not doing their job.

This link gives a lot of GOOD info about wires, and debunks a lot of myth and misleading info - http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/truth.htm
    Disclaimer: Everything I post is just my .02, and should be take only as opinion. These opinions tend to be notoriously WRONG, and any that are correct, can only be attributed to my being dropped on my head as a small child - repeatedly.