Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drug Problem in America

The Drug Problem in America

The other day, someone at work read that a methamphetamine lab had been found in an old farmhouse in the adjoining county and he asked me a rhetorical question, ''Why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?''

I replied:

I had a drug problem when I was young!

I was drug to church on Sunday morning.

I was drug to church for weddings and funerals.

I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather.

I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults.

I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher, or if I didn't put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me.

I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profane four-letter word.

I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's garden and flower beds and cockle burs out of dad's fields.

I was drug to the homes of family, friends, and neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, repair the clothesline, or chop some firewood; and, if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, she would have drug me back to the woodshed.

Those drugs are still in my veins; and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, and think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin; and, if today's children had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place.

~author unknown~
    Todd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Todd- That was a great story. It comes down to respect" towards others and yourself....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well said

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Ain't that the truth!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read this several years ago. No truer words can be spoken.
    Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relax

Go smoke a joint!!!
    -child

'87 Voo-Doo
    DAF

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NO that stuff is true. My 3 stepkids are just rude, and their dad cannot stand it when I discipline them for being disrespectful to me, their mom, grandmom etc. They don't even respect themselves, much less anyone else.

You want to be a smart mouth in a house where I am the man of the house, you better watch out, cause I will take it to ya, the good old fashioned way. Nothing cures a smart mouth disrespectful kid faster then a couple of sharp licks from a paddle.

And let me ask you this? Does your boss care how you feel? Is he gonna be your friend instead of your boss? Is he gonna let you come to work, do nothing and still draw a check? Is he gonna talk to you about all the rules you break? NO HE IS GONNA FIRE YOUR BUTT!!!

That's reality, this touchy feely, be friends with your kids stuff is not going to prepare them for the real world. And they are our future, and we are gonna be in trouble too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 6 kids all boys. I do not let my kids run over me or anyone for that matter.I want them to respect others as well as theirselves.
    I get alot of good coments on the way behave.I will smack them in public and they know it so they do not act up. I do not beat them,yet I do totally embarras them with a non marking spankin.This works for me.Good luck to how you raise your children!Everyone raises their kids different.
    Too many kids I knew, would threaten their parents will,I WILL CALL THE COPS!
    I tell my kids to call and we will see how much greener the grass is in a foster home.
    David
    all about the go fast with no tickets

19 ft nordic pickle fork

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interviewing

I raise my kids the way I was raised and recieve many compliments. It is discipline and respect, not abuse. I say "Yes Sir to my boss, my kids say the same to me."

I have hired / fired and interviewed more than a few. The jobs were white collar business. Some of the best employees have come from the Military. No crying, no complaining, just get it done. If these people were not brought up that way by their parents, the military gave it to them.
    Last edited by Todd; 02-08-2006 at 10:33 PM.
    Todd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Todd I am glad you learned from your "drug problem"!

Sadly to many in todays world didn't have that same "drug problem" and it is showing with all to much frequency.

I have a parallel too that myself. I am constantly telling others (and my own kids) that todays kids are missing on VITAL ingredient in their daily diets...

LEATHER STRAP!!! Dried cowhide is GREAT for just about any ailments you can name,
    RA
    "Rainy Day Woman II" 2008 Allison XB21 2+2, 2008 Merc 225 Sport XS.
    "Other toy": http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...54%20Chevelle/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have kids but I employ many in the summer. The decline in their "quality" doesn't go back more than 10-12 years. I now have parents thanking me for showing their kids what the "real world" is like and all I can think is that I wouldn't have to be an a$$hole to their kid if they instilled the sense of personal responsibility they should have. I have a few rules that they don't seem to understand quickly, like saying "can't or "won't" will get you fired. They pick up te concept of the UN-raise quickly though... I works just like a raise except UN.
    Jim Garvey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    most kids today are lazy... i own a roofing & siding company and hire 18,19,20 year olds and its amazing to see how little they can really do and yet ask for more money.. one kid said he needed to make 15 to 16 per hour had no experience what so ever (i laughed), he needed to make that cause mom and dad finally cut him off,he had the new truck always ran premium gas couldn't make ends meet. i told him welcome to being an adult now you get to figure out what works and what doesn't..needless to say he didn't last to much longer...
    i blame the postman for all my debt cause he reminds me evey day why i have to go to work....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very quick to give raises. That said I will never give one because someoe did something stupid wih their own finances. It amazes me that employee's can make their finacial choices the problem of their employer... As in I need to make XXXX because I owe XXXX. Tell me why you are worth more, not that you need more. Next time one of your guys says he needs more money because he bought a new truck tell him that you have to pay him less because you got a new boat.

That should make sense to him!!!! AND he should agree with you! If it works tell him he needs to work for free because you are house hunting
    Jim Garvey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Nice drug story. Reminds me of the way I was raised. It never hurt me.
    larry ( you are never to old to be horny)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast