Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LMAO!!! You come up with that all by yourself, Bruce?

OMG!!! I must take apart my motor that has been together now for .... 7 years?????? Before it blows itself apart!!!!!

It is so out of balance!!! I can't believe it hasn't flown apart....

Bruce, just what the hell do you think the counter weights are for? Walking across the floor, what a joke!

Don't listen to this guy. Bad advice. Ask him how many race motors he has going in the racing circuits, or even running period.

Ask Alan Stoker (racer on this board) if you want the low down.

I asked another race engine builder, the one that bored and did the machine work on my block about balancing, and he said he wouldn't even bother balancing the rods and pistons. So I didn't.

By all means, though, if you want to balance your piston and rod assemblies. IMO the crank is a waste of time.

Sorry Shane. The even fire crank has to be a split journal crank. They are rare and I haven't actually put my hands on one. Good luck.
    Last edited by Forkin' Crazy; 05-17-2006 at 01:15 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneBarron
    Interesting. I called Falicon first because I have had work done by them before, and they said they do not work on those types of cranks. They then referenced me to Marine Crankshaft Inc in Irvine CA. A guy named David, had an English accent, said to leave it alone. Taylor marine said not to worry about the crank as well. Bruce, how much does Falicon charge for a simple spin balance?
    Well, there's your answer.

Scream and Fly needs a disclaimer for Bruce.
    Last edited by Forkin' Crazy; 05-18-2006 at 08:18 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Falicon

You probably got the front desk and yes they don't do a lot of outboards simply because there is such a low demand for it. I had to work with Bob down there specifically. We went over many configurations together. He just recently did an even fire for me.

If you're serious I'll call him direct and set you up. They do great work, you won't be disappointed. Just email me and let me know BL@BLMARINE.COM

-BL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    E-mailed Racer about crank balance on the X-Flow and his recommendation was to leave the crank alone as well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old thread looking for help

Just purchased a Baja 220 Sport that came with a decent looking 1985 235 XP 2.6. Going to see if i can make it run. Motor turns so i know it isn't seized. I'm a complete rookie with just a little experience with the mechanical end or outboards. Figure this would be a good place to start because if I end up wrecking it, i'm not out a lot of $$. Looking for how to get started and then additional help as this project unfolds. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneBarron View Post
    E-mailed Racer about crank balance on the X-Flow and his recommendation was to leave the crank alone as well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4