Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Jr. View Post
    Chaz, as you already posted, I said I have been a loyal customer, and will continue to be FOR OTHER BRP products. (Snowmobiles). Now that they don't make outboards anymore leaves me no choice but to go elsewhere, cause I like new stuff. I could never purchase the G2 stuff as the mid/gearcase isn't conducive for high speed applications, as im sure you know. I have a big Supercharged Verado on my Tritoon and would love a couple 15" 300R's on my go fast boats. It is what it is. Its a shame, but as mentioned, engineering and marketing were complete failures over the past decade. Corporate should have stepped in earlier and cleaned house. Oh well. Im happy Mercury is still making big HP products. They may be pricey, but they deserve it. They got the HiPo outboard market by the balls.
    I agree with you Larry. BRP has done a great job with the renegade chassis on the sleds. They have the SXS market covered with the Maverick Models like Mercury has the outboard market covered and they charge accordingly. There quads are sold out pretty much everywhere, I got an 850 outlander that for my dad last week, and the sea-doo brand has remained strong. Even though I don't that route, I know they are a good product--my last sea doo was an HX "getting very old buddy".

Joe

2. Likes Speed Jr. liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    I agree with you Larry. BRP has done a great job with the renegade chassis on the sleds. They have the SXS market covered with the Maverick Models like Mercury has the outboard market covered and they charge accordingly. There quads are sold out pretty much everywhere, I got an 850 outlander that for my dad last week, and the sea-doo brand has remained strong. Even though I don't that route, I know they are a good product--my last sea doo was an HX "getting very old buddy".

Joe
    I bought new 300rxpx and GTR230 a couple years ago. They are amazing machines. Love cruising the lakes with the wife in them. I absolutely love my Skidoo with the Etec motor. I wish the guys from those divisions were sent in to Sturtevant WI years back and make some Evinrude "X" models......Oh well. Its almost that time of the year, braap braap!
    Larry Gempp Jr.

Proud HydroStream Powertour Member

Current Ride - 2024 22 Liberator - 450R

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    . Im happy Mercury is still making big HP products. They may be pricey, but they deserve it. They got the HiPo outboard market by the balls.
    I was in agreement till you said they deserve it. If there is one thing wrong with our Capitalism system, its GREED. Mercury is doing it because they can.....not because they deserve it. If they had any ethics or morals, they would understand the position they have and not exploit it on people.

5. Likes Instigator liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keefallan View Post
    I was in agreement till you said they deserve it. If there is one thing wrong with our Capitalism system, its GREED. Mercury is doing it because they can.....not because they deserve it. If they had any ethics or morals, they would understand the position they have and not exploit it on people.
    Well your logic is ass backwards cause you can't deal with reality. Mercury put their money where their mouth is and designed, built, and manufactured big HP outboards. So they don't deserve to reap the benefits according to you? Come on.....Exploit it? How is a voluntary purchase exploitation? Why don't you call one of the hundreds of people that got let go from Evinrude and tell them how wrong immoral and greedy of a company Mercury is. See what they think about that.. BRP has over 65% market share in the snowmobile market. Why? Cause the product deserves it, and the consumer feels the same. Why did Evinrude shut down its outboard line? Because BRP felt it didn't deserve to go on like it was since it wasn't profitable enough......I dont like it, but the truth hurts. Just remember, it is US, THE CONSUMERS, that decide what the manufacturer produces become a success or not. Greed? Please......

Jr.
    Last edited by Speed Jr.; 12-02-2020 at 07:49 AM.
    Larry Gempp Jr.

Proud HydroStream Powertour Member

Current Ride - 2024 22 Liberator - 450R

7. Thanks FUJIMO, madvillain, JPEROG thanked for this post
    Likes madvillain, JPEROG liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see both sides of the coin..... Mercury has invested into the sectors of the outboard market that other companies refuse to, and I do agree, they do deserve to benefit from that. The problem I have, is not so much with Mercury themselves, but rather with the lack of competition. There are fewer and fewer outboard manufactures out there, and that is creating a monopoly, where they do really have you by the balls. There needs to be more competition.

I understand too that the products are expensive, and the profit margins are high both in parts and whole motors, but don't forget, they can only keep doing the R&D and releasing new products because of the money they are making. If there's no money in it, eventually there's no motors. You can ask Evinrude about that.

Blake

www.InjectorService.com
    Call/Text - 204-326-0390

9. Likes keefallan, Speed Jr., HydroSkreamin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well your logic is ass backwards cause you can't deal with reality. Mercury put their money where their mouth is and designed, built, and manufactured big HP outboards. So they don't deserve to reap the benefits according to you? Come on.....Exploit it? How is a voluntary purchase exploitation? Why don't you call one of the hundreds of people that got let go from Evinrude and tell them how wrong immoral and greedy of a company Mercury is. See what they think about that.. BRP has over 65% market share in the snowmobile market. Why? Cause the product deserves it, and the consumer feels the same. Why did Evinrude shut down its outboard line? Because BRP felt it didn't deserve to go on like it was since it wasn't profitable enough......I dont like it, but the truth hurts. Just remember, it is US, THE CONSUMERS, that decide what the manufacturer produces become a success or not. Greed? Please......

Jr.
    You can say what you want, but greed is greed. This has nothing to with Brp or evinrude. The consumer doesnt feel the same. They dont have a choice. I am talking about costs of parts and everything.

And you telling me to talk to brp folks about Mercury is just nonsense. I am making a statement about mercury period. Evinrude is over and done. Mercury owns the market and they are gouging because of it. Say what you want, but thats the truth. Thats plain and simple greed. Just because they can doesnt make it right. Thats called ethics........and I dont care who agrees with me on that. I fell the same way about new trucks and cars.

I was mainly posting about parts/upkeep etc, but I will add on new motors as well.

I repeat, just because they can.............doesnt make it right. Thats where ethics come into play. Greed says,"CHARGE WHAT YOU WANT....THEY WILL PAY IT.....THEY DONT HAVE A CHOICE!! hahaha"

Thats my point..............

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...you live long enough, you come to understand how undervalued the u.s. dollar has become. there was a time when a brand new model of a v-6 outboard was less than $3,000.00. its hard to contemplate pricing these days for some of us older guys, i'm tell'n ya. this will not stop either. so make a lot more money while your young, than you think you're going to need now, for retirement.

12. Likes keefallan liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Only the *** swingers will pay it .. And a great majority of them are already living well beyond their means ...

14. Likes keefallan liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parts and assemblies are on the shelves. Parts vendors to secondary wholesalers. Its not rocket science.

Jr.
    Correct. This is not rocket science, and has been done countless times before.

Remember Hummer, Pontiac, Saab and Oldsmobile. And that's just GM.

Spare parts are profitable, so everyone is incentivised to keep selling them.<object id="__symantecPKIClientMessenger" data-supports-flavor-configuration="true" data-extension-version="1.0.1" style="display: none;"></object>__PRESENT
    Markus' Performance Boating Links:
    www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...spare parts are profitable, for sure. but i have to ask myself...how many G2's are actually out there?...how many were produced? what is the point, the date, the year of "diminishing returns"($$$) on parts production for these?

17. Likes H2OPERF liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Markie ~ Mark , That was covered ......... last week. Try to keep up ..

Help me .. my splattered ego needs a brand new .... everything ...

19. Likes keefallan liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    ...spare parts are profitable, for sure. but i have to ask myself...how many G2's are actually out there?...how many were produced? what is the point, the date, the year of "diminishing returns"($$$) on parts production for these?
    The spare parts business works like this:

Step 1: Truck delivers parts from supplier to the spare parts warehouse of the OEM
    Step 2: Someone packs the part in a box with the OEM logo, attaches a label with the part number and puts the box on a shelf in the warehouse
    Step 3: Someone picks the box with the part from the shelf and packs it in a shipping box together with some other parts, and then tapes the box closed and puts on the label with the address of the recipient
    Step 4: Truck picks up box at the spare parts warehouse

Step 2 and 3 have increased the value of the part by about 7 times. This, btw, is why Chaz is bitching, but he needs to be bitching about something, so it serves a social good, too.

So the point of diminishing returns is quite far out.<object id="__symantecPKIClientMessenger" data-supports-flavor-configuration="true" data-extension-version="1.0.1" style="display: none;"></object>__PRESENT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yamaha states to their dealers that the MOST PROFFITABLE part of their business is the parts. I think this is true in almost any industry. Don't kid yourself, they want the products to last, but only past the warranty date....

www.InjectorService.com
    Call/Text - 204-326-0390

22. Likes keefallan liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...markus, an oem is the original equipment "manufacturer"... raw materials sourced to manufacture only, via a buyer, purchasing agent, procurement officer... then your step #2... your #3 is shipped to an evinrude "distributor" warehouse(either foreign or domestic) & inventoried... when a customer has a need for a part, they have their favorite service center, evinrude "dealer" OR not, order in & install this part(s)... many times the worked performed, is not by an evinrude franchised dealer, so the parts are marked up even further to the "ultimate consumer", because they have to buy the evinrude only part from an evinrude dealer...a retail plus increase, cost to consumer. yes, there are some oem parts that the oem farms out to other venders/suppliers, which of course begins the valuation of a part at a higher cost usually. so yeah, outboard parts get really expensive by the time they are diagnosed as needed and running down the river... great markup & profit in parts for everyone along the way. my question is, when is the G2 saltwater use, outboards "value" not worth fixing, when considering its high cost of parts AND labor, that only an evinrude dealer knows how to fix? (all this in a world where there are no more evinrude dealers, as they've moved on once again, to other products)
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 12-03-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Chaz= thinkin, Markie-Mark .. get ya a work visa, plenty of places to change oil ..
    I have to admit that I have never changed oil on an outboard, because I have never had an outboard that needed an oil change.

That said, I would assume that all you need to do is to first drain the old oil and then fill with new. That's what I have done on cars and mowers. It has never occurred to me that it would be a big deal, particularly compared to troubleshooting and replacing parts on a 2.5 260.

Power was a convincing argument for two-stroke outboards until the Verado showed that it wasn't. Weight was a convincing argument until the V8 showed that it wasn't. Oil change has never been a convincing argument.<object id="__symantecPKIClientMessenger" data-supports-flavor-configuration="true" data-extension-version="1.0.1" style="display: none;"></object>__PRESENT

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast