Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No not part of the Jeff orders, I’ve been talking with Kirk since early December and he didn’t even have the 1st batch in yet but I got on the list anyway, was talking with him on the interchiller which I might do down the road some day maybe. I payed for them 2/13, they shipped 2/15 and the mail man delivered it today, pretty quick. Doesn’t seem to be Delrin, would you know or heard of what material they may be? it’s a composite/plastic/pvc of some type that I’ve not figured out yet. They are light and flex slightly. There is a composite/plastic/pvc supplier near me that I’ll take one to and see if he can place what material it might be.
    USA

1979 Hydrostream Viking with Merc 150, sold in 84’
    2014 CheckMate 24' BRX with Merc 400R
    2017 TUFF 28 with twin Merc 300XS's
    🇺🇸 & 🇻🇪

Venezuela

Santos 18’ with 200 Black Max
    DaSilva 21’ (Shadow) with Evinrude 300 V8
    Whitby 42’ ketch S/V
    🇺🇸 & 🇻🇪

2. Likes davemvegas liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am shade tree technology kind of guy. I do deal with guy down the block from me. He is not a car guy. He is a great machinist You really have to bite your lip and and know his triggers. Not many can get him on board for a boat or race car fix. But at the end of the day. Work is Nasa compliant. Price is fair automotive rate. When he drills 4 blade bravo props. Holes look like Mercury machined them. One set i had him drill. I showed him a Tempest prop and asked if he could step the hole like Tempest prop so i could put plugs mercury plastic restrictors in. He said look around as he pointed toward a couple CNC machines, then over to a room with several mills and other machinery. Half of the machines were cutting up parts. With a serious tone he said did you just ask me if i could drill a hole?

This is what i now know to get Fred to not come unglued. Walk in the entrance that has safety glasses in the bin. Do not take another step until you open the new pair and put them on (free and keep them) Walk freely thru shop but do not interact with any worker that has a machine running. (Penalty level "severe") Continue to Fred's office. Usually not there, walk thru welding area, then onto cutting shop. Any place that you find Fred same rule applies. Alone, Running machine, Talking to worker or customer is same routine. I stop in area 7 to 10 ft away but in his line of sight. I do speak, wave or smile. Just quietly stand there until he ask what i need. He is like the court house. Opening statement. His ruling followed by my closing statement. He sets sentence and meeting is adjourned. The strangest part about this weird customer relations Fred has. I actually enjoy my visits there. He will know what spacers are made of. Or tell me why there are 9 materials that would be better suited for the application.

4. Likes Hayabusajm, engineermike liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    What about this young ladies bottom end?

Attachment 431877Attachment 431878
    I think he's finding out a bottom end like that cost a lot of bread ....

Hayabusajm
    No I can’t say that I have, my friend Todd who runs the Cryo side of the business

Todd T. is the real deal. We were always frien-emies in the "Outlaw 632" deal @ Moroso , Orlando and DeSoto , we have some ongoing projects ... Top notch guy ..

Davie , loved your analagy of a trip to a QS-9000 type enviroment ..

6. Likes AZMIDLYF, davemvegas liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure it's top of the line, but I like to glean bits and pieces from the upper crust for reference.

Oh and...nice buns.
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw this today...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that housing, internals demon only?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FMP View Post
    Is that housing, internals demon only?
    To my untrained eye, it looks like more chrysler junk ....

Not much noise out of the Davie .. that mean's he's up to sumptin ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have it backwards. "up to sumptin" More like "sumptin's blown up" Waiting on my 6 week Hemi Gen III class i signed up for to start next course. So about 8 weeks from now i will know how to build a Gen III Hemi. Then about 3 months of Burger King paychecks spent online. I will have this misfire fixed. I had a tune tweak from the shop that has been tuning car from data logs i email to him. He looks over the data and makes adjustment. Emails updated tune for me to load to car. Totally amazes me that a shop can tune my car from 1000 miles away. Every adjustment helped a little. This last tune was done along with switching from 700cc Demon injectors to ID 1050x Injectors. Did not run long enough to get a pass at the track. But it felt like a 100 shot was added. I expected to find detonation cause from to much tune for 93 octane. It was not octane related. Piston top and skirts show no signs of heat. Rod bearing is like new. Powdered metal rod is the weak link. Rod shattered like glass. The big end is still bolted to crank and shows no sign of heat. As soon as i am done with Hemi class. I am going to build a new motor. And i wont go crazy like the guy in Palm City that built a pair 4.500 bore 300x motors for his boat. I may go from 376 CI to 400 CI motor size.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.2 4.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	270.8 KB 
ID:	433308Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.2 3.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	333.3 KB 
ID:	433309Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.2 1.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	233.5 KB 
ID:	433310

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was hoping to hear that the Saturday US-1 exchange program worked out for you ..

The 4.500 x 300x deal :
    I enjoy ridin with ya and trusted my life being door handle to door handle with you for goin on 30 years now ... I just hated lookin over and not bein able to pull away whenever I wanted to ...

Chaz = thinkin this time you made me spend $$$$

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really did not get denied. I just just dont have the drive to deal with the BS it takes to get Dodge to give me a motor. Dodge wanted to not give me a motor a whole lot more, Then i wanted a stock motor that is no better then the one that slung apart.

You could have overcome the the request i called you about. Then i thought about that was the 3rd hurdle. There may be 5 more to deal with. You know the proof of oil change at 3500 miles. 3700 is going to be a discussion. Stress is hard on us old guys. And if you read HALFASS'S post today you already seen the stress i went thru trying to scam his buddy Hank. Almost pulled it off.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemvegas View Post
    It really did not get denied. I just just dont have the drive to deal with the BS it takes to get Dodge to give me a motor. Dodge wanted to not give me a motor a whole lot more, Then i wanted a stock motor that is no better then the one that slung apart.
    If it's under wty. you should have dropped the car and mama Lisa off on the side of Prima Vista and told Dodge to come pick up their nationally advertised as the baddest ****** ****** on the planet thats "making a funny noise". And it would be wise to leave the lady with the keys to a nice precooled loaner car for the lady to use while hers was getting fixed...

You could have overcome the the request i called you about. Then i thought about that was the 3rd hurdle. There may be 5 more to deal with. You know the proof of oil change at 3500 miles. 3700 is going to be a discussion. Stress is hard on us old guys. And if you read HALFASS'S post today you already seen the stress i went thru trying to scam his buddy Hank. Almost pulled it off.
    I haven't had a car in my shop in a few years now and I haven't had to lay on the ground to weld anything since they fixed ... err .. forgot to fix C - 3 and 4 while they were in there .. However, I did dig out a tig torch ( they all have quick adapter fittings ) that has a button on it and a 25' ground cable extension in case you did show up. I don't have a shade tree or an awning, but I probably gotz a Flanagan's cup you could have thrown the nuts and bolts out of and put ya a Ice-Tea or a Mountain Dew in ...
    Didn't you sell that boat, go thru a few others and then bother the he11 out of the guy till he sold it back to ya ? Couldn't have been too bad if ya wanted it back
    When I read, you can have it like that , or go drive that boat, if you like that motor better you can any two of the three you like .. Reminds me of the time I bought a transmission from you . I don't don't remember the exact problem, but you said , go get the one out of my Nova I'll fix that one later .. without even driving my car. (that Nova cracked everybody's azz in town )
    People just don't know you and how nice you keep your stuff. Or like most guys, stuff your interested in at the time. When your interest wanes, is the time to buy. I'm sure if the receipts were added up, the true amount spent would be pretty staggering.
    For all the Robert Mullers, shouldn't have been too hard to find collusion... It was posted here, much of it by Davie himself...
    As my buddy the used car manager says : I'm sorry sir, your obviously confused, the new cars are on the other side of the dealership ...

15. Likes davemvegas liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

17. Thanks davemvegas thanked for this post
    Likes davemvegas, powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AC work in that car ..

Door sounded a little ..... gutted when she closed it ..

Stock rods .. I'm sure ..

9" Ford and Turbo 400 .... FuMP , brother thats a "factory sponsored race car"

19. Likes AZMIDLYF, baja200merk liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol..when the door closed I laughed as well(plexi windows too). 1200 static HP and 1900 boosted... Some pretty nice massaging I would say. Sort of screwy with the 9", Turbo 400 deal. 7s are there for the taking Dave.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I still have the bushings that fit the center mains and housing ends if they want to narrow a Dana 60 .. of course it would put 50 pounds of unsprung pig iron back in the car ..

I've seen them 727 Torqueflight's go-off, looks like a crime scene ... even with a steel floor ..

22. Likes JrCRXHF, powerabout liked this post
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast