Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Jr. View Post
    Thanks Scott. She is coming around. We out a lot of work in to it over the winter. Heres a clip from last Thursday at Blarney Island.

HOLY CHIT! Does THAT bring back mems! I haven't done the Thursday nite "run what ya brung and have fun" since the 70's! It was all for fun then and Blarneys was 1/3rd or less in size. I can almost see the ghostly images the Switzers, Hustlers, Checkmates, etc in the vid! Thats the ride not done in 45 years now, as my life got a course change early 80's, and moved West coast 94. But never forget W/E's Blarneys as when ANYONE left in a boat, always gave a "full moon" send off to the crowd! My GOD, we had fun, and GLAD what we started, has lived, grown, and still the best place on earth in a boat! Wish I would have taking more pix, but all them days burned in my head! Also made a lot of 3 day weekends me as get too wasted Thursday nite, not make work Friday! Been watching all the instagram Barneys vids.
    And by the way, think the funniest day was when a friend mine was there in his cruiser docked end the dock, transom facing the crowd. The cabin door came open, and his ass was pumping away his girlfriend! We waited until rolled off and we gave him round of applause! And all the bikini tops (ceiling) came from a guy parading around some hottie, "Will take her top off for a buck in the hat"! What the heck, its only a buck! Miss though days...oh hell, miss my YOUTH! Well, still got the youth, but the body won't keep up anymore! Guys have a great summer back there..with ya in spirit...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fox Kids.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	442670

Miss My XS Switzer......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swit and glenns boat.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	442671
    Last edited by Robby321; 06-24-2019 at 03:57 PM.

2. Thanks SS Minnow thanked for this post
    Likes Speed Jr., SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And Three Lakes aint far from Minocqua, Ex-inlaws had a nice place on the Lake across from the Thirsty Whale. Always a gas up there winter sledding or summer boating! Still have a lot of friends living now the Northwoods...

4. Thanks SS Minnow thanked for this post
    Likes SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I was on the lower end of the river by Algonquin and in the summer time it was either working or on the water. I had 2 jobs on the water, residential construction, and I took the boat to work those days. I miss those days and that place. But, it was getting Xtremely expensive to live there and from what I have heard, it is getting worse. Hell, when I sold my house the taxes were almost 9k and I was septic, well, no garbage collection and I was still un-incorporated Mc'Henry county. The only upside was that I could use Barrington Hills for my address, but not when determining how much I sold the house for.

Now I live about a mile from Lake Michigan, and within an hour or less there are so many little lakes and usable rivers that are nice, but nothing like the chain was. I know I am older and I have changed, but the people are different now. Don't know how to put it, but they are.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Minnow View Post
    Yeah, I was on the lower end of the river by Algonquin and in the summer time it was either working or on the water. I had 2 jobs on the water, residential construction, and I took the boat to work those days. I miss those days and that place. But, it was getting Xtremely expensive to live there and from what I have heard, it is getting worse. Hell, when I sold my house the taxes were almost 9k and I was septic, well, no garbage collection and I was still un-incorporated Mc'Henry county. The only upside was that I could use Barrington Hills for my address, but not when determining how much I sold the house for.

Now I live about a mile from Lake Michigan, and within an hour or less there are so many little lakes and usable rivers that are nice, but nothing like the chain was. I know I am older and I have changed, but the people are different now. Don't know how to put it, but they are.
    Simple me on different now? Its all the same all over, see it here. Dull, seem lifeless zombies....but we got old school gearheads like anywhere "Blarneys", and our waterfront here, is escape from realty 10 foot off the dock. Real people there doing life!
    Ya come back that dock, and slowly all changed.

The chit we pulled long ago? ALL still be in jail? All knew all (even cops and CG) all and one big happy family. Another stunt pulled at Blarneys ( BF..BEFORE THAT DAMN FERRY brought the idiots out there), Carl next us with GL20, 200 Rude,. also flew and buzzed Blarrneys in a Ces 182..probably 50 feet off the deck! Damn right a return bank, and come at ya again! DUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2