Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andy, I don't have the slightest idea about R/Cs ! I know they go like sh-t off a teflon coated shovel and the detail in the boat itself is beautiful.
    Dont know how they build those things to scale and to perfection------far superior to anything I ever cobbled together.

Im one of those retired old gits who's not quite ready for the knackers yard, so I dream up the raceboats I remember and work a bit of wood and a chunk of metal, play with it, shape it and with a bit of "artistic license" and a sprinkling of luck, maybe something recognisable will come out of it.

I know I once saw a triple engined tunnel, can't remember if it had stacks, it was Havasu 1969 so I doubt it was a pickle, saw Seebold and Kennedy riding Jones hulls------the paint jobs were awesome.
    Art Kennedy was running a green job and Billy was running "Old Blue"--- so with a bit of artists license the "TRIPLE, STACKED, JONES PICKLE" came forth and was created.
    There was no such thing as a Mercury V6 back in those days, so the whole concept is a nonsense---but------ITS WHAT I DO.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was just kidding with ya Jackie-
    I got my RC Tunnels covered. Got some props headed your way next week.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170125_225450.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	392.9 KB 
ID:	367306
    Last edited by fichrman2; 02-15-2017 at 08:52 PM.
    I have gone to find myself , If I return before I get back - Keep me here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post

I know I once saw a triple engined tunnel, can't remember if it had stacks, it was Havasu 1969 so I doubt it was a pickle, saw Seebold and Kennedy riding Jones hulls----
    Our old friend Don always dazzled in this 22' "TRIPLE, STACKED, JONES PICKLE"

4. Thanks Bob V, shadowcat thanked for this post
    Likes Bob V, shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I wasn't dreaming Gene ! -----had totally forgotten it was the FBI that ran that particular rig !
    Always wondered who designed the first Pickle ?
    Molinari didn't fabricate a pickle until the fall of 1972, that was long after Seebold and Kennedy ran Jones Pickles in '69. Pretty sure the maestro "Willabee" will put us straight on that one! Maybe the unlimited s tried it first,
    Small hydro's have tried the design, but I think that was much later !
    Met Ron Jones when Pruett took me to see him------first time I ever saw a small block V8 that later powered all the Rover V8's made in England.

"You can forget the shop today"-------I want you to put in all the hooks for my paintings ! When my beloved gives an order, believe me, you better sit up and take notice ( that's if you want to continue living, eating like a king and even breathing) -------23 pictures later -----with two hooks per picture( (so they hang straight) I had the job licked.
    Now you have to understand that the kitchen goddess is a superb artist with a vast range of ability in the noble art of paint spreading------she follows in the footsteps of Dega, Whistler, van Dyke, Rembrandt and Gainsborough -------so it's important that her efforts hang about right ! She must have been well pleased, she treated me to lunch at the "Crab and Lobster"

6. Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I wasn't dreaming Gene ! ----
    Met Ron Jones when Pruett took me to see him------first time I ever saw a small block V8 that later powered all the Rover V8's made in England.
    Good Morning Jackie!

The Rover V-8 was a Buick!! Strange bedfellows?

When I was young (and brave) I drove a Kurtis powered by Buick--all aluminum--3.5 liters--running on fuel

You did know that Ron Jones passed away a few weeks ago?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gene, what the hell will the rest of the world do when we're not there to show ' em how ?
    Ron Jones had "loaned" the engine from Kiekhafer to make a KT boat, to this day, I am amazed at the number of prominent people Pruett knew.
    Startedthe new "Concept"-----doing a dummy run for a start, just to give me some sort of idea which way is up!
    Was bloody Thursday again today ------life's helter skelter just shifted up a gear!

9. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    , to this day, I am amazed at the number of prominent people Pruett knew.
    I got a 'VIP Pit Pass' from Roger Penske--walked in to the pits feeling like Hot Sh-- There, talking to Mark Donahue was !!! !!!!!

Really--he was on a first name basis with everyone!!!

I had to Edit--include this--I took this at Ft. Myers--84/85--

Last edited by GENE LANHAM; 02-16-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pruett could pull birds in a way George Clooney wished he could, didn't matter whether it was London -Paris--Berlin or Baltimore , Vegas or a deserted island--------he was a pussy magnet. What really used to piss me right off was the fact he was the ugliest SOB in the world-----his lop sided grin made him look like he just suffered a stroke. He had more wrinkles than my old granny, but the ladies used to throw their knickers at him everywhere.
    Once walked into a bar in Tucumcari New Mexico with him, sat down with a Coors, I look up to watch the dancing and Pruett is chatting up this beautiful blonde with the Stetson, long legs, short skirt and sh-t kickers and coming on to the lady real strong, husband lands a fist on the side of the FBI's head, takes that black Navaho hat he was always wearing clean off------THATS WHEN THE TROUBLE STARTED .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENE LANHAM View Post
    Good Morning Jackie!

The Rover V-8 was a Buick!! Strange bedfellows?

When I was young (and brave) I drove a Kurtis powered by Buick--all aluminum--3.5 liters--running on fuel

You did know that Ron Jones passed away a few weeks ago?
    Gene,
    I didn't know that Ron Jones had died. Another boating legend gone-----I dare not look back at all the people I once knew and loved from the world of powerboats-------seems to me there are far more gone than there are left------

Garbrecht----Sirois-----Pruett-----Kabasta------Shooter ------Beard------Levi------Spalding------Percival
    I could probably pull fifty names off'n the top of my head of people who were my friends at one time.
    Make the most of 'em while there's still time-------pick up the phone and say hi-------internet is easy to use these days. Reminds me, I ought to give Seebold, Serra, Sirois and a whole bunch of folks a call, just to make sure their all alive and kicking (and to let them know I'm still around !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENE LANHAM View Post
    I got a 'VIP Pit Pass' from Roger Penske--walked in to the pits feeling like Hot Sh-- There, talking to Mark Donahue was !!! !!!!!

Really--he was on a first name basis with everyone!!!

I had to Edit--include this--I took this at Ft. Myers--84/85--

Pruett always had his head at pussy hieght-------(just checking out the architecture). He was one of a kind.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a free weekend, no visitors . Already had a brilliant Friday----beavered away, made big inroads into the latest commission . As I usually do on something that I'm actually paid for, I do a "dummy run". On this occasion I am doing four or five------testing the water so to speak----this has to be the dogs cajones, it's a bit close to family to make a pigs ear out of..
    looking for some sort of box so I can send some of the fresh built, but unfinished stuff to JOHN Schubert------very remiss of me.
    Had another of my mad fits of depression at the scrapyard this morning, spent barrow loads of money

bought ten ingots of alloy to fabricate some of the new style outboard motors-----lets face it, none of them are pretty, not Even if you're Darth Vader !
    Old motors had " character"-------new ones are like actors------they all look alike, just different colours, see what I can cobble together!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010810.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	402.9 KB 
ID:	367463Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010811.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	400.0 KB 
ID:	367464

New shape of outboard configuration------- maybe it's the shape of things to come-----modern outboards do not have the panache and flair of the last century outboards------even Jonrudes had a certain charm. Today's motors are completely characterless.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New shape of outboard configuration------- maybe it's the shape of things to come-----modern outboards do not have the panache and flair of the last century outboards------even Jonrudes had a certain charm. Today's motors are completely characterless.

Sort of like a--?

Pregnant Guppy??

17. Likes FMP, powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guppy---------great universal provider y'all ?
    Been there, done that, got the lousy T shirt------have to confess Gene, I never was pregnant !
    A plum duff (pudding) is a thing of beauty compared to a latter day outboard----------so are assholes on a mud fence as our friend Pruett would say !
    Not sure it's quite PC to say the damn things are FAT,UGLY AND HEAVY----probably very thirsty too at anything approaching WOT-----manufacturers have always lied about outboard fuel consumption anyway,
    Bet you a pound to a pincha---next years ads will claim "more mpg than before"? Any takers ?

Annapolis, MD ragboat capital of the world
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Jackie, what do you think of this old boat?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 16797490_1219172338203326_6733604993127537086_o.jpg  

Page 357 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 257 307 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 407 457 857 ... LastLast