Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RestorFX Marine !!

OK i am a skeptic of all things but I have my Denali in getting this restorFX treatment done to it tonight. I pick it up tomorrow. All the before and after pics Ive seen of boats and cars like Ferrari and Lambos that get it done are off the charts!! If it turns out the way I hope for the Yukon i will have him do the Allison also. He said its a shine that requires no wax ever again? The shine is permanent!!! ive gone on car forums about it and now Im wondering if anyone on hear has tried it with there gelcoat boats and what they think of it? The results seem pretty convincing to me. Detailers who are not Restor FX certified dont like it i know that! lol Hears a web page about it and the Marine FB page. Any thoughts? https://www.facebook.com/pg/Restorfx...=page_internal and read about it hear its for life never will wash off never have to wax again for life guaranteed!!!! http://www.restorfxvictoria.ca/faq.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds great! One thing that I have seen over my years is that unless a coating provides 100% UV barrier some pigments in coatings have a tendency to lighten over time. Red and black would be my first concern. This said I am looking forward to following the results you post in the future as clear coatings in the marine industry have come a long way. Thank you for sharing this experience with us whipper as this may be one more weapon against the sun etc. Gary
    Last edited by olboatman; 05-20-2017 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Old age!
    "12" Super Lite Tunnel (11') "88" 25 Yammy twin carb "BANANA SPLIT"
    "77" Hydrostream Viper "87" 140 Rude heavy modded w/15" mid, Bobs nose and lwp "DANGER ZONE"
    "72" Checkmate MX-13 "80" 75 Rude w/15"mid and Nitro Lu (to be restored)

"Too much is never enough" Keith Richards " Dreams become reality via hard work and perseverance" G.A.Carbonneau

"This coming from an old man that strapped two bananas together, hung a motor on it and calls it a boat" XstreamVking

3. Likes whipper liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im going to pic the Denali up right now i just got the call. I cant wait to see how it looks!! Ill have them do the boat if this goes well. My Denali i dont care about as much as my boat. LOL The yellow and white on the 2000 GS are great but all the black windscreen and side wings are a PITA to keep now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well got the Denali back and its increadable what a mirror finish it has now. it was scratched faded ect... I asked him about my boat and he said yes same thing will give it mirror finish and will not wash off!! So he gave me a little showed me how to to it and I put it on my self to the black wind screen and wings! i just put it on in the picks but it never fades so im sure i wont have to polish ever again!!! lol awesome!! My wind screen was littlerly white it was so oxidized! Its shinny black now! Its like a rub on clear coat stuff. Thats what it smells like anyway. It drys hard and has a 24 hour cure time. A RestorFX dealer can quote you for your application. But just want to report it works as advertised.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is one good lookin, bad ass rig! I will check for a local dealer for my Viper when done for that "final touch". Thanks again...Gary
    "77" Hydrostream Viper "87" 140 Rude heavy modded w/15" mid, Bobs nose and lwp "DANGER ZONE"

"Too much is never enough" Keith Richards " Dreams become reality via hard work and perseverance" G.A.Carbonneau

"This coming from an old man that strapped two bananas together, hung a motor on it and calls it a boat" XstreamVking

7. Likes whipper liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im just amazed!! Not a swirl or scratch anywhere on the 07 black!! 10 years old and finish is better than new. Allison black screen and wing tips on the gel same like new!! wow i wish i took a pic how faded it was on the boat. wax every day only way to look ok now like new.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whip is the wind screen fiberglass or acrylic? I have two rigs that I would love to have the acrylic shields protected.....BTW I am surprised we haven't seen more activity on this thread. Must be the weekend. Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gary its the factory gelcoat over fiberglass/kevlar perhaps. i know its very light. It was so dull it would have needed to be wet sanded to come back to life. I just tryed the left over from the shop that did the truck. You just wipe it down with a paper towell and some kind of thinner to take all the crap away and off. Then fold over a peace of paper towel in your hand and simply wipe on the clear coat type finish with long strokes. It drys very fast so you have to keep at it until done or redo the whole thing. When i went into the shop they had a brand new Master Craft boat in there that had not even hit the water yet. Also a 2017 Escalade and Lamborghini Gelardo. When i asked him why some one would bring a $120,000. Brand new Cady in to get this done he said he was a long time customer who gets this done to everything he owns right way because its better than the factory gelcoat. it wont wash off and is tougher than clear and never fades. He told me in 10 years if I wanted to get it done again they simply add on top of the existing job. So if you get a bad scratch or for what ever reason. I went there for a buff were I took the side molding off the Denali was all. That was 200 this cost 600 and its life time. i love the result. i have never had a mirror finish like this not one that lasts forever anyway!! 3 months is a normal buff and wax job.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was the mess I did a few days before. lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Restor FX Marine use short clip of before and after. its just a wipe on done treatment. the results speech for themselves. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BxCLZV8Cmo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This ones even more dramatic! This is how messed up my wind screen was and now looks better than the day i bought her in 10 min of wipe on with a freeking paper towl!! haha Increadable stuff. High end cars like Bugatti and Ferrari la Ferrari get it done so its not crap!! Its the real deal.... I drank the kool aid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg-TH0gYuo8

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched a few of the vids and I would like to get my hands on the 04 Wash for my 83 Bronco that I had painted in Imron back in 90. BTW I bought the Bronco in 84 and its never been driven in the winter and always stored under cover...... my son I never had as my wife calls it! Gary

15. Likes whipper liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where can I buy some their product?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This product has me very curious. I want to definitely look closer at it.

Back in 2013 I was sent boxes of a product called "EnviroGuard", which was a coating 'system' for paint that is supposed to protect the surface for seven years against any environmental damage, including water spots and even rust of the metal underneath. That sounded incredible to me. There was very little details about what exactly the product was, and that for it to achieve its results, this coating system needed to be applied by specially trained persons.
    I still have my samples of the product here.

I mention this because RestorFX reminds me of that, but I know nothing about RestorFX, and this thread intrigues me greatly. There is very little information on specifically what RestorFX is, so that makes me even more curious.

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->@whipper<!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention --> James, are they claiming that this RestorFX treatment lasts the lifetime of the vehicle, and will prevent any fading? It sounds pretty similar to what EnviroGuard was, however EnviroGuard was not a repair system, it was just a coating to what should already be good paint. I'm really curious.

I can't see the pics you posted - can you post them again?

Greg

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

18. Thanks whipper thanked for this post
    Likes whipper liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Greg,

Here is a link to their web site http://www.restorfx.com/ and they are on face book as well https://www.facebook.com/Restorfxmarine/. This product is not for sale and can only be applied by licensed RestorFX Marine shops.

Closest Marine shop to me is in Babylon NY. Contact name is Mike and phone number is (631) 402-2888. I am hoping a local shop opens soon in New Hampshire so I can take my 1991 Hydrostream Virage boat over for a quote to have all scratches, oxidation and fading removed from the entire boat.

Jim

20. Likes whipper liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast