Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg G View Post
    Are you referring to the Nordic 20 or the 21 Crossfire?
    Both.? They were both built from completely seperate moulds to the 21' and 20' cyclone, admittedly they were both based off the bottom design (or it would appear that way), however the 21' has some distinct differences that can be picked up visualy. The 20' Nordic looks insanely similar to the 20'Cyclone, so much so when i first seen it i thought Cyclone here in Australia must have lent them the mould to build a boat, but im assured Nordic designed and built that one from scratch also.?

You can have any brand of boat built in Australia for pleasure or race and there is only minor differences in the layup and the interior trim in most cases. The majority are built to race and then have a removable rear lounge for pleasure. There is a few however that are just built to race and only calm rivers and lakes, they go so far as to build carbon seats with no apholstry to save weight, but thats the extreme end and not many exist.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.5-21 View Post
    <oWith all that info in the list does anyone know what props these numbers were achieved with?
    I'm sure the specific model prop information is out there for each of the (6) boats should the owners choose to give up there secrets.
    </o

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution141 View Post
    Both.? They were both built from completely seperate moulds to the 21' and 20' cyclone, admittedly they were both based off the bottom design (or it would appear that way), however the 21' has some distinct differences that can be picked up visualy. The 20' Nordic looks insanely similar to the 20'Cyclone, so much so when i first seen it i thought Cyclone here in Australia must have lent them the mould to build a boat, but im assured Nordic designed and built that one from scratch also.? You can have any brand of boat built in Australia for pleasure or race and there is only minor differences in the layup and the interior trim in most cases. The majority are built to race and then have a removable rear lounge for pleasure. There is a few however that are just built to race and only calm rivers and lakes, they go so far as to build carbon seats with no apholstry to save weight, but thats the extreme end and not many exist.
    Rev, I was speaking specifically about the Nordic 21, as the 20 is too short and too shallow for "The List". Nordic is doing some incredible work on there big stuff. The 21 Crossfire Outboard that Ross Wilson designed and tooled for Nordic has the freeboard and the bow entry dead rise angle to handle the big water should the need arise. With the shallow stern dead rise it should be faster than 86mph. The owner who clocked that GPS spent an incredible amount of time arguing it would be way faster set up for the big number but never just raised the motor up one bolt and put on a bigger prop which would have taken what ....... about 10 minutes? Classic. I'm surprised they have not sold more of the 21 Crossfires new though. I've only seen a few out there and they are a really nice mix of updated look along with some old school lines. Would it pick up 10mph set up for speed with the 300XS? I'd say no way so I'd like to see someone go for it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NordicSR-20OBvSR-21OB.png  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    any info on the biggest interior?
    Not sure if you mean under the deck but all 6 boats are the standard five seat interior that you see in 21's even though some have more gunnel width based on the deck cap. That said, I doubt you will see a more trick interior than the Bernico. The passenger bucket is built to be reversible facing forward or rear so very flexible. Here is a picture. The Belgian builder takes it to a whole new level on there interiors. There is a used one for sale in the US currently.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bernico21Interior.jpg  

5. Thanks powerabout thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trimmed Out15 View Post
    Yes the boat is for sale, thank you for the comment on the boat. I posted my info a long time ago, it's all good, prefer to be under the radar
    Now you've done it It is raining all weekend so now I'll have to go back and find it. I can't believe your Intimidator 21 has not sold yet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if you mean under the deck but all 6 boats are the standard five seat interior that you see in 21's even though some have more gunnel width based on the deck cap. That said, I doubt you will see a more trick interior than the Bernico. The passenger bucket is built to be reversible facing forward or rear so very flexible. Here is a picture. The Belgian builder takes it to a whole new level on there interiors. There is a used one for sale in the US currently.
    I meant widest / longest -due to deck of course as the beams seem to be similar?
    Freeboard and inside gunwale height also a factor for me going offshore

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant widest / longest -due to deck of course as the beams seem to be similar? Freeboard and inside gunwale height also a factor for me going offshore
    I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean. The lengths (bow tip to transom rub rail) of each of the 6 boats are in the list. The beams are also listed. Now the interior "width and length" or in other words the cockpits interior dimensions are not documented but it really does not matter that much as you can't do more seating than the standard five seats. At least five seats for five fat Americans! The Nordic Crossfire is different because it comes with a "lounge" seat set-up instead of the rear bench.

Now on freeboard and how deep you sit down in each boat that has not been documented but this is why boats like Allisons/Checkmates and the like would probably get swamped in heavy water at rest. You can look at the pictures of the Super 6 and see where the pilot's head is located to get an idea of which is deepest. I would say the Sutphen 21 might be the deepest but hard to tell exactly. For rough freeboard you could just measure the deck down to the chine at the drivers bucket. But that is a Winter project lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are economy seats and business class seats
    5 asians or 5 americans?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are economy seats and business class seats 5 asians or 5 americans?
    As I said above, 5 "business class" seats for 5 fat American's in these SOB's. It's all about the base .......... no treble.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're Singaporean you will pick up like 5mph driving any of the boats. Not as much wind resistance as us big head Americans!

12. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually hot and humid so less power

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Freeboard and inside gunwale height also a factor for me going offshore
    I have seen two 22' offshore V's that were set up for fast running. One had a 26" gunwale height (cockpit floor to top of the deck cap) and one had a 32". I'm not sure what the 6 in the list have in comparison but I would say from photos, the Tuff 21 looks to have the least. I'm not sure it even gets to 26"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Super6SOBsv2.jpg  
    Last edited by Greg G; 06-30-2015 at 08:30 AM.

15. Thanks powerabout thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen two 22' offshore V's that were set up for fast running. One had a 26" gunwale height (cockpit floor to top of the deck cap) and one had a 32". I'm not sure what the 6 in the list have in comparison but I would say from photos, the Tuff 21 looks to have the least. I'm not sure it even gets to 26"
    Which hull would be the driest ride in the roughest of seas? Im thinking the Progression or the Bernico based on video and pictures Ive seen? Sure an impressive lot those 6 when you look at each hull in the collogue. Some sweet lines right there!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy a progression. You won't be sorry.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve123 View Post
    Buy a progression. You won't be sorry.

I have no doubt i would love the Progression. Or any of the super 6. Just opened an account strictly to save my pennies for my next boat. An SOB for sure as in 8 years or less ill be living back on the Ocean again were I lived for 25 years to retire. Next year ill purchase if all goes as planned.

Page 143 of 271 FirstFirst ... 43 93 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 193 243 ... LastLast