Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Let me try and explain Bob———- Christmas Day we are having dinner at Little Lizzie’s house
    Boxing day———- Christmas dinner at my daughters house.
    New years eve, Christmas dinner at my friend Steve’s house.
    New years day——— guess what ? Christmas dinner at my son in laws !

Maybe you can begin to understand how and why I just want a simple Christmas dinner——- in my own home——- with just me and my own wife, getting exactly the traditional food we like best——-with the drink we like———- served at the time we like——— listening to the music we like———— as loud or as soft as we like———— for as long as we like.
    Yes, in a couple of hours I shall be partaking of another slug of R/J’s sacred brew———- mainly, because I can.
    In all honesty———- how many of you will enjoy Christmas as much as me ?
    So what if it’s eight days early——— who cares?

A very merry Christmas to all my friends wherever you May Be, God bless you all !
    Jackie, perhaps you may have started a new tradition....Christmas, when you want it, the way you want it and with whom you want to share it. I think you may be on to something...

2. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36B3926B-BD83-4FF9-80B5-E9D9E3D50D35.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	403.5 KB 
ID:	394733

Well, that was it, and very nice it was too———— done to perfection and shared with the one I wanted to.
    The Dalmore slid down a treat and just for the day I lived like a king.
    I can heartily recommend this way of enjoying Christmas.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the king famously said in the whores bed——— I can now die a happy man !
    Have to say, there’s a lot to be said to giving the rest of the world the finger and going you’re own route, any time between now and the new year.
    Best thing I’ve done in years———- nobody told or “suggested” what I did on Christmas Day, I decided, without anyone getting the “hump”. Creating my very own Christmas Day.
    Jilly and I decided years ago there was no point in giving expensive presents neither of us wanted just because it’s christmas.
    So, every time we go on vacation and she sees something she wants, she buys it (without a word from me) .
    The world ran out of presents I needed some twenty five years ago, so I just save everything up for the biggie, ie; Trusty Lexus IS coming up 110,000 miles and the main user is making funny noises and muttering things like “updated” and change of colour ———- in the old days, it would have been ‘cos the ash trays were full !
    Do have a slight niggle at the back of my mind here——— We’ve only had the Trusty Lexus for seven years, so its only just nicely run in———— a bit like me really, and if the Lexus IS going, there’s no telling what or who could be next.
    Hmmmm food for thought!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afraid I’m not quite “ shop fit” at the minute——- was hoping to have the shop cleared of all conceptual debris by Christmas———— going to be unlucky methinks——- it’s not going to happen.
    This is one of those times when common sense overtakes ambition and wistful thinking.
    I get these mad fits of ambition——— stay out in the shop for two and three hours at a time——— collapse in an untidy heap and then the field Marshall hides the key for the rest of the week.
    You know what they say——— where there’s no sense, there’s no feeling. Must be something in it at the end of the day..
    My son and a couple of grandsons, along with three of my great grandsons are taking off for the ski slopes of West Virginia next Wednesday. They always have a great time in that damned white stuff——— I’ve only ever froze my nuts off in it——— sooner it’s gone the better.
    Snow should be melted, collected in a lake and powerboats raced upon the same.
    Been called upon to do my exercises——- here endeth the the first lesson !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over here in the UK, we have an end of the year do for “SPORTSMEN AND WOMEN” it’s called the Sports Personality of the year!
    Most noticeable sport by its absence was Formula One Motor racing———- nobody could give a flying fart about it any more.
    Even the four times world champion Was partying in Los Angeles and couldn’t be bothered to turn up.

Methinks the Liberty group may have bought a lemon!
    No Bernie——— no rudder. Could end up in mid Atlantic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Joshua was “supposed” to win the SP of the year———- but as My sainted mother used to say——- many a slip between cup and lip.
    After the fiasco and debacle that’s called boxing these days, with the mint and Fort Knox doing special runs to provide enough ready cash for the participants, it’s small wonderthe public have “GONE OFF” Boxing . Joe public will take only so much before he turns round and rebels.
    I can feel it coming in the air——— oh yeah——-oh yeah. There’s a change in the air, it’s coming——-
    Now don’t get me wrong, I can F & Blind along with the best——- but there’s a time and place for it and prime time TV ———— big names using filthy language in every sentence thinking it’s the Smart thing to do.
    Dont ask me what brought this on, but I just think we have a duty of care to a younger generation and nobody gives a toss about how they act, or talk these days.
    Particularly obnoxious is the obscene way, so called sportsmen today flaunt their wealth.
    Ok, so I’ve dug a big hole for myself here——- I’d better quit while I’m ahead, but I would be interested to see if any of my friends feel the same way.

8. Likes OLEGATOR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its the non smacked generation, they can do what they like because they say you cant do anything to them and they will happily say that to anyone.
    Last edited by powerabout; 12-18-2017 at 07:29 AM.

10. Thanks Mugs914 thanked for this post
    Likes Mugs914 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean the kids with the slapped arse faces?
    Callout the law dogs——- when a kid needs a slapped arse——— trust me——— nothing else will do
    Ask any one of my five and they’ll agree with you100.%

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie - Andy Greene was on CBS this morning. I tried to pull up the video, but it is not available yet. Here is the text version.

CBS NEWS December 18, 2017, 8:20 AM
    Pushing the Limits: A car built to go 1,000 mph

The British team behind the Bloodhound is aiming to break the world land speed record.

CBS NEWS

In our "Pushing the Limits" series, Charlie D'Agata takes a look at a project ten years, and $40 million, in the making that is redefining the boundaries of speed:
    In Newquay, England, the British-based Bloodhound team is building a car they hope will travel more than 1,000 miles an hour. That's well over the speed of sound, and it would shatter the current land-speed record.
    The car's driver is former RAF fighter jet pilot Andy Green. It is possible, he told D'Agata, to drive supersonic.
    "We did it!" he said after breaking the World Land Speed Record in 1997. "The car doesn't leap into the air and explode, I was delighted to find out!"
    But if that ride had doors, the Bloodhound is aiming to blow them off.
    "We're not just trying to break the current record, 763 miles an hour; we're gonna have an engineering adventure that will push back the boundaries of physics, literally push back the boundaries of human endeavor," Green said.
    It will also push the boundaries of the human body.
    To get a hint of what that feels like, Green took D'Agata up in a stunt plane, where he trains his body to take the full load of G forces he'll experience during the real thing … simulating the exact conditions of the 1,000-mile-an-hour run.
    D'Agata was just hoping he wouldn't pass out. As the plane quickly accelerated to about 500 mph, the blood rushed to his head. "It felt like it was about to explode," D'Agata said.
    The speed increased past the speed of sound. Then came the worst part of all: Deceleration at three times the force of gravity.
    "It feels like I just got slammed right in the chest," D'Agata said.

Andy Green takes Charlie D'Agata aboard a stunt plane to simulate the G forces one gets breaking the sound barrier.

CBS NEWS
    "Exactly so," said Green. "It's fairly unpleasant, and it's all sorts of directions the human body really isn't designed to take."
    The gut-wrenching G force is generated from tapping into the lunatic fringe of technology. They took the Rolls-Royce jet engine found in the Eurofighter and mounted it on top of a rocket.
    The stats are face-meltingly staggering:

• 25,000 feet: The altitude it would reach if pointed straight in the air, or 17 times the height of the Empire State Building.
    • 135,000 Horsepower: Every Indy 500 car on the track combined, seven times over.
    • At top speed, she'll travel a mile in 3.6 seconds -- more than 4 football fields per second.

They face stiff competition from the United States, and the proven 500-mile-an-hour North American Eagle. And from Australia: The Invader, although still primarily in the planning stages.
    Bloodhound leads the hunt, for now.
    The team is gearing up to smash their own world record next year. And with the competition choking on the afterburner, the only thing the Bloodhound is chasing is destiny.

© 2017 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again for a most informative piece of information Bob.
    Records are notoriously slow things to establish, especially in cars, planes and boats.
    its usually government funded or wholly paid for in aeroplanes?
    Wealthy individuals or totally mad bastards like WARBY when it comes to boats.
    Again, it was always the domain of the rich, industrialists with a few pioneers thrown in when it came to land speed records.
    You don’t hear much about the North American Eagle attempt which means they’ve either run out of money or had a massive set back and are stuck around the 500 mph mark.
    Warby has his hands full of water speed stuff at the minute. I honestly have no idea why he is even tackling this. There’s no one on the horizon even making noises in that direction, so why ?
    The Aussie land speed record is still on the drawing board at the moment, and don’t appear to be going anywhere.
    I would bet that the only show in town at the moment is the BLOODHOUND.
    Over ten years in the making up to now, forty million and rising ( all from public donations). A slowly, slowly catchee monkey approach———— there’s been no disasters up to now, touch wood, but the first sign and that will knock em back another ten years.
    1,000 miles an hour is a long way from becoming a reality.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m very fortunate to have steered, cajoled, threatened, but in the end succeeded in getting all my five kids through their teenage years and eventually married, without any of the major problems that seem to befall present day kids.
    Not that they were perfect or angelic in any shape or form. Every one of them have been “Grounded” for two weeks or more, at least once in their lives. I always made it stick for the full period. They only needed grounding once———-none of them ever needed it twice.
    The very last time I put one of my girls over my knee———— she was 18 years old and had used the F word at me for the first time ever. Don’t know who was the most surprised, her or me !
    I do remember my hand aching like buggery afterwards————-
    All my kids still talk to me damn near every day, so we weren’t too far out in our teachings!

Five kids, Thirteen grand kids, Twelve great grandkids and still counting———— none of this would have been possible without some sort of discipline and all the love I could give to my kids.
    Only an idiot or a liar says do not ever smack a child.
    Many of the old adages still apply————- spare the rod——- spoil the child.

Just know I’m going to get flack over this, but there isn’t a crack head in the family yet———- not even one of the “Blow ins”.

15. Thanks OLEGATOR, Mugs914 thanked for this post
    Likes OLEGATOR, Mugs914 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was asked what a “BLOW IN”was ?
    Well, FYI, It’s one who marries into the family ?
    Hope this clarifies it for the colonials !

Didnt get any of the expected Flak about my take on raising kids———- maybe more folk agree with me than I thought!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Was asked what a “BLOW IN”was ?
    Well, FYI, It’s one who marries into the family ?
    Hope this clarifies it for the colonials !

Didnt get any of the expected Flak about my take on raising kids———- maybe more folk agree with me than I thought!
    No Flak jackie because anyone who has raised a family (would be most) knows you need to be open to "theres an exception to every rule"!!
    And if ya let'm do what they want...they will ... which most likely will be wrong.
    Gary
    "12" Super Lite Tunnel (11') "88" 25 Yammy twin carb "BANANA SPLIT"
    "77" Hydrostream Viper "87" 140 Rude heavy modded w/15" mid, Bobs nose and lwp "DANGER ZONE"
    "72" Checkmate MX-13 "80" 75 Rude w/15"mid and Nitro Lu (to be restored)

"Too much is never enough" Keith Richards " Dreams become reality via hard work and perseverance" G.A.Carbonneau

"This coming from an old man that strapped two bananas together, hung a motor on it and calls it a boat" XstreamVking

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad someone agrees with me——— thank God there are still like minded people about with old traditional values.
    Theres nothing kids can do after midnight that they can’t do before, but they’ll never believe that .
    Bringing kids up is a twenty five year full time job for each child——— I was twenty one when I started out to raise a family.
    Cars,clothes, schooling, manners, job, food, house, that just kind of happened——— around the five kids———- life revolved around them.
    Vacations, weekends,hobbies, friendships, boat racing, it somehow all rolled into one after I quickly realised that there was no way I could keep my head above water just doing one job.
    I needed a business ————-
    By the time my kids were fully fledged, a bunch of grandchildren were on the scene and most of them had been round the world following the boat racing fraternity,
    All the kids were on first name terms with, Molinari, Scotti, Rasinis, Carniti and Koenig———— Williams, Spaldings and Percival, The Bullens, Seebold, Hauenstien, Sirois, Bentz, Bush.
    Barry SHEENE was a regular visitor to the farm in his Huey!
    Then one day, there was a gathering at the farm with a load of people wishing me a happy 65th birthday————- I was gobsmacked———- the time thief had stolen 45 years of my life, Jesus wept, after 22 years at the farm, it’s time to move on.
    We sold everything and moved down to Provence in the south of France!
    Thats another tale I might tell you about one day.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The farm? You have/had a horse farm?...
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 12-19-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Page 459 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 359 409 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 509 559 959 ... LastLast