User Tag List

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    I think this site still is the gauge upon which others should be judged.
    Josh Peterson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And that's fair statement to quote with proper context. Moreover; I would argue the water is what we gauge upon. Most everything else is narrative for entertainment purpose with a sprinkle of history and cool innovative engineering...

3. Likes NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still beleive this is a good site though. I remember before I came on here someone told me about a new scream and fly magazine that came out, I went to the bookstore and looked for it not realizing it was an internet site. LOL
    garybvd

5. Likes speedman79 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ? This site is awesome!!!!

Howdy all! Been a lurking dreamer for years and now FINALLY got a solid Valero stream to start screaming and flying with! Yee haw!!!

Its not big power being a 135 but it's a start and I look forward to learning more as I go. Been a life long boater, currently run a 16' GT150 knock off with a V4 looper, 46mph aint screamin and flyin so I lurked til now.

7. Likes speedman79, NICE PAIR, Fish liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I belong to FB boating groups out of ease... I agree with you Greg they do coexist fine however there is no doubt it steals some traffic from this site. One thing I can say for sure is you have always been involved closely with posts and keeping the threads as positive as possible. Scream and Fly is still my go to place for the best pictures, event info, tech questions for the highly knowledgeable members on here. I think you've done a great job staying on top of the site all these years.
    1976 Hydrostream Viper - 1500 Mercury I6
    1985 21' Hustler - 2.4 200 Merc
    1990 18' ArrowGlass CC 140 Johnson -SOLD
    1987 21' Seebold Eagle 150 Merc
    1990 15' Hydrostream Viper 150 Merc - SOLD
    1977 16' Checkmate Trimate II 140 Johnson - SOLD
    1969 13' Boston Whaler 40hp Merc - SOLD

Drive it like you stole it!

9. Thanks Scream And Fly thanked for this post
    Likes NICE PAIR, madtunnel liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its also important to note saturation rates vs market growth. Peak internet happened a while back now so new fish jumping in the boat left and right simply due to transitioning into online use has long passed prime date. The tech resource here and board membership experience level.... holy moly talk about top shelf! Thats what makes a good site imo as I am a tech focused type and seems that almost everyone else here is too. So while a lot of forums dont get traffic like they used to for reasons above we also have to look at available time to spend online. Most people already spend borderline too much time plugged into something digital so competing for that huge market with a shrinking window of free time also puts big dent in post counts on literally everything.

FB and the like are trying to be a one and done but we all know a pocket multi tool is handy, but useless for heavy lifting. Thats where the forums shine, plus the market place is always a good thing. Anyways its nice to also be in the same place as other enthusiasts without all the tire kicking clowns who dont know lefty loosey flooding threads with blabber. Enjoying this forum a lot so far, found a lot through search and already have a solid game plan for upgrading this hydrostream
    Hydrostream dreamin

11. Thanks NICE PAIR thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I realize that Facebook definitely offers unique ways to interact with people, but of course, so does this site.

Facebook does make many things easy. Making this site as easy to do things such as posting photos and videos from any device is a priority. I've been adding incremental upgrades to the site over the last few months, but the site will receive a major update this season. The home page will also be vastly improved.

For anybody that has not seen the future roadmap for the Scream And Fly site, click here.

Above everything, I want to express my tremendous appreciation for the support from all of you. Without you, there is no way at all that this site could be here, let alone update and maintain it. I'm very thankful.

Greg

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    I realize that Facebook definitely offers unique ways to interact with people, but of course, so does this site.

Facebook does make many things easy. Making this site as easy to do things such as posting photos and videos from any device is a priority. I've been adding incremental upgrades to the site over the last few months, but the site will receive a major update this season. The home page will also be vastly improved.

For anybody that has not seen the future roadmap for the Scream And Fly site, click here.

Above everything, I want to express my tremendous appreciation for the support from all of you. Without you, there is no way at all that this site could be here, let alone update and maintain it. I'm very thankful.

Greg

So are we. :-)

Attachment 410524
    Wriggleys gum makes me think of boating, "Double your engines, Double your fun"

14. Likes DanUmbarger, Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HStream1 View Post
    I have without a doubt made alot of close friends and met alot of extremely knowledgeable people because of this site. Way to many to mention each and everyone but they know who they are and alot have posted on this thread. Greg does a fantastic job in keeping this site up and running and Im proud to be able to call him my friend!! Chaz (Charlie Cullotto) also being one of them. We have worked closely on some TOP secret projects together and I without reservation say our talents compliment each other.
    Uncle Bud are you talkin about the BBQ sauce or okra recipe ?
    You know Mikey read's this ..

I shouldn't say it but , some of the trickest most expensive one off stuff that has come thru or made within my doors usually gets wrapped in a dirty towel or blanket if the owner doesn't want anyone to see it . Cuz who in their right mind is gonna go thru my greasy rag pile lookin for gold ..
    If it's your idea and it works , the best I can hope for is we put them into limited production and we both make some money on it down the road .

Speakin of Glenn
    I liked the way he looped a black nylon / nickel fitting line from the transom to the lower unit on his remote pick-up. I didn't want to have to use a big inboard sea strainer , so I built my own pop off valve and set it to crack at 20 psi .

If this was fazebook :
    It would have posted the first time I chose to be grammatically correct and tapped the enter key to start a new paragraph or skip a line . Then it might resemble … >

Chaz Uncle Bud Dude screamn fly awsum

Uncle Bud Chaz Botes rite

Greg Bud fast one

Bud Greg kool

Mikey Bud how fsat

George my aunt saz its not all cylinder

Greg George round one

Chaz Greg cool for teenagers where a half a dozen meaningless text conversations aren't quite enough at one time ….

16. Likes vnemous, HStream1, nitro_rat, NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    If it's your idea and it works , the best I can hope for is we put them into limited production and we both make some money on it down the road
    Well the last Top secret project has been tested a proven. And it has done everything I had expected. I have applied for a patent (Pat-Pending) so we can now plan on how to proceed in producing them for the 20, 15 & 12" off shore style mids. I say we even offer it to the 3L guys with the Taylor style Mids.

The comments after the last two races were immediate, "What the hell did you do different to that motor from last year?"
    "WOW that thing has its own signature unlike any other"
    "That boat is WAY faster than last year by far!! What the hell did you do"
    "That thing just speaks NASTY"
    Just to mention a few.

As I told you in the beginning I have only shared this project with three other people outside of you and me 1 being my crew Chief Doug. Not even Mikey or George knows anything about it. But Now is the time to let the cat out of the bag so to speak .
    Bud Conner "Heathen" "Defending Our Constitution"

FOR ALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS
    DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

18. Likes NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here kitty kitty.

Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

20. Likes NICE PAIR, AZMIDLYF, davemvegas liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rock View Post
    Here kitty kitty.

Rock
    Seems like it has to be exhaust tuner related from info posted.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemvegas View Post
    Could be, maybe not. But Engineers have been trying to figure out how to get by the Exhaust exit Problem on V6 mercury engines for years. Even to this extent.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Expansion Chambered V6.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	410548
    Bud Conner "Heathen" "Defending Our Constitution"

FOR ALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS
    DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

23. Likes davemvegas liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemvegas View Post
    Sounds like fresh tuna to me too... Them chrome ones sure were neat lookin’ - at least until you got the mid buttoned back up!
    Josh Peterson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some years ago, a dirt bike magazine replaced a 250 cc bike's expansion chamber with a straight pipe and dynod it. The power was literally cut in half. I would love to see how an outboard would perform with a properly designed expansion chamber.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast