Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes and no. The court ruling was that the order was issued by the head of the states health dept, and that they did not have authority to do so. The governor does though and I would bet the farm that he will issue an order first thing tomorrow. Dane County has already issued orders that are the same as what was just canceled by the court. Not sure if they have the authority, but I guess we are going to find out.

I hope I am wrong and things open back up. If we are going to die from this, let's get it over with. Everybody living in fear, people arguing over wearing masks and such, enough is enough. I thought the earth was over populated, so two birds, one stone, right?

4. Likes mrichartz, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With warmer weather ,winter might be over ,could maybe get the boat out go for a spin and possibly stop and get a hamburger on the water but theres no beef

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eli View Post
    Supreme court over ruled in wis ,stay safe out there
    Bars are open... dining indoors.

7. Likes SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David - WI View Post
    Bars are open... dining indoors.
    Just went around my town, and it is about 60/40, 60 being open. Lots of people out, hopefully they stay safe and do not over do it. OWI will be easy targets as there is really nobody on the road.

I hope I am wrong, but would bet $'s to dog-nutts that there will be a new order from the gov. tomorrow morning.

Michigan's gov just doubled down and extended the shut down into late June. When will enough be enough? Do we have to lose it all?

9. Likes mrichartz, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Minnow View Post
    Just went around my town, and it is about 60/40, 60 being open. Lots of people out, hopefully they stay safe and do not over do it. OWI will be easy targets as there is really nobody on the road.

I hope I am wrong, but would bet $'s to dog-nutts that there will be a new order from the gov. tomorrow morning.

Michigan's gov just doubled down and extended the shut down into late June. When will enough be enough? Do we have to lose it all?
    when we’re all broke and dependent on the gov, then it will be enough , time for action is getting closer
    2003 mirage ski racer with e-tec power

11. Likes Forkin' Crazy, mrichartz, SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For my personal safety, it's good to have somewhere else experiment with opening early, and to live where it opens late. We can see what works and hopefully learn from it. For the last 5 weeks I have had 2 weeks of mandatory vacation, a week of work from home, and then more mandatory vacation. My vacation time is negative, so now I am buying vacation. Buying vacation just means the cost of not being paid is spread out over the year instead of just not getting paid that week. It's different for me then for most. I'm 62 and was thinking about retiring before this started. I have no short term money concerns, so safety is my priority. Long term it depends how my investments survive this. I will get only a couple of hundred bucks a month company pension. I will work until the dust settles and then look at finances again.

13. Likes David - WI, SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of people here would much rather have taken our chances, gotten the virus early during the "two weeks to flatten the curve", toughed it out at home for two weeks (or died) and gone back to work being no threat to anyone else. Now, we're all kind of screwed since there's little to no "herd immunity" built up, people are out of money & patience, and there's absolutely no plan whatsoever to re-open the economy "safely". We all bought into the "two weeks to flatten the curve" bull****... which turned into two months... which turned into "maybe in the fall".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dgscroggs View Post
    when we’re all broke and dependent on the gov, then it will be enough , time for action is getting closer
    That's what They are trying to do..
    They want us dependent on them so they seem like heros
    And say see how great we are look what we did for you...
    ..sshhh ran up the debt even higher ..but that's ok they are making plenty of money. Have no idea what's actually going on.
    PELOSI trying to pass a ridiculous bill saying we will give families $6000 etc etc where do these fu***ing morons think the money's comining from..Hiding all kinds of bull**** in the bill and you know damn well who's going to make out from that..
    LETS GO BRANDON.... LETS GO BRANDON

Sometimes I talk to myself...then we both just laugh and laugh

'84 Checkmate Convincor

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My grandfather started our business in 1956 I’m third generation and we have been reduced to nothing, we average about 40 employees and we are down to 5, all of our work is commercial so with businesses closed we have nothing , we did have a lot of work in the pipeline so we have been able to stay working but getting paid money we are owed has taken its toll , Our south Florida location (the original shop) is closing for good , I have also sold my building and moved everything back out to my house luckily I have some buildings to make due for a while but I’m gonna whether the storm and build a new shop at my house with the proceeds of my sale and should be loan free , I’m going small and keeping it that way FYI I did not take any gov money , I wouldn’t touch that money with a 10’ pole,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long list of places in Wisconsin where local officials are still enforcing the stay at home order. Brown county which is Green Bay. Dane county which is Madison. Outagamie county, Racine county, and then the cities of Milwaukee, Oshkosh, Appleton, Menasha, and Manitowoc. So far they say that they are just enforcing the gov's original order set to expire May 20th, but I doubt that will happen and expect some to try and extend it. It is still in question if these localities even have the power to do this. Since it is supposedly only for 6 more days, I doubt anyone will take them to court over it.

Things are still open in my little corner of the state. The local shipyard, which is the areas largest employer with contractors from around the country working there, has reported its 8th case of Wuhan Flu recently. Nobody has been able to confirm if any have been hospitalized and if so, are they on ventilators? Not sure how many thousands of people work there, but if there are only 8 cases with the close confines they work in, it will take forever for this virus to work its way through the population. Were we supposed to remain closed until that happens? People cannot afford that and the state cannot keep on handing out unemployment checks forever. Sooner or later Uncle Sam will run out of sugar.

18. Likes David - WI, mrichartz, dgscroggs liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know guys.... I still don't know anyone who got COVID19, I don't know anyone who knows anyone who got it and that encompasses several thousand people here in Dade and Broward counties.......... You would think here in a "hotspot" I'd know of at least one person getting it............
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

20. Likes dgscroggs, SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=flabum1017;3207653]I don't know guys.... I still don't know anyone who got COVID19, I don't know anyone who knows anyone who got it and that encompasses several thousand people here in Dade and Broward counties.......... You would think here in a "hotspot" I'd know of at least one person getting it............[/ I’m with u bum nobody I know has gotten it or knows anyone to have it

22. Likes SS Minnow, XstreamVking liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my distant cousins, in his late 70's and already in poor health, died last week. His death was listed as a Chi-knee flu death because he tested positive for it, AFTER HE DIED.

Went out for dinner and a few drinks tonight. Nice to be out again. Beautiful night, lower 60's with high humidity and a breeze off the lake. Food was great because the grills were clean and the fryers had fresh oil. Will be going out tomorrow too. If I am going to die, well, lets get it over with.

24. Thanks mrichartz thanked for this post
    Likes InjectorService liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think somebody had to test these lockdown / social distancing "theories" and Wisconsin is the right place only because we had no real uptick in hospitalizations after a half million of us went out and voted in person 5 weeks ago. Dems were running screaming "the sky is falling" but literally nothing happened.

If there's anything less than an apocolypse here in the next two weeks then heads are going to roll across the country over these policies. If we have a massive outbreak here then we'll find out if our healthcare system is up to the task; they've had months to prepare.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast