User Tag List

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Merc View Post
    Thanks. Liked your post however the 400R weighs way too much and cost way to much for the average guy with a 16-20" hull like most guys around here have. Its not talked about much because not very many people have them nor would they because its not suited for small outboard performance hulls. Im sure OSO will have much more discussions on the larger outboards..... I am anxious to see what guys start doing to the new 4 stroke 200 and 225. Another thing is a lot of guys cant afford a new motor and never will so the love of the old school 2 strokes is still big.
    The 400r weighs about 200 lb less than a pair of 2.5 200's and will be faster as well. But no, I wouldn't recommend one on a hydrostream or Allison. But what's coming later this week? We will find out soon enough.

Anyway, yes the 400r is expensive. Or is it? In 1991, the 260 msrp was over $16k. That equates to over $35k in 2018 dollars. The 400r starts at $31k (neglecting that fact you can buy them for $26k), so for 10% less inflation adjusted dollars, you get 50% more power, worlds better reliability, fuel economy, features, and user friendliness. Don't get me wrong...I thought people were crazy spending $16k on an engine back in 1991.
    Last edited by engineermike; 05-16-2018 at 10:18 PM.

2. Likes nitro_rat, NICE PAIR, activator22 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbender View Post
    As a 4stroke owner tuner,its not easy to post about it.its ok with me though I will continue to run my fishing motor,save on fuel and repair bills and still be ahead of most.I love this place and am always available for questions it’s like a second family.
    Eric we have always been out numbered by the race division. Why’s everyone hating 7mpg 88mph 4800 52% throttle.

That new 450 yami is gonna be sweet
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

4. Likes BeefKid, Superbender liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMouthJG View Post
    Being honest... facebooks easier. Share pics, talk **** and see who the person you are dealing withs profile. You can see where there from who, they hang with, who there family is, so when I deal goes bad you can burn it to the ground. Believe me LTB hasn’t quit talking ****. We have fun! 70% of the people on here talk about when they used to run boats, not how they run boats. Just my 2 cents
    I agree facebook is much easier to share pics and what not. And that LTB is still here and we are on a boat every weekend talking **** and having fun( most of us anyway) I also agree with someone else's post that there is alot of people on here taking about"when they had this or when they did that instead of What they do now. We definitely had fun on here couple years ago but that has seemed to change.
    Mirage RR
    Lake Tarpon Boyz!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a few on this board that makes us all wanting more
    but people grow up and move on
    dirkpitt
    Jerry
    fastboat
    the hoser
    pitt bull
    and last but not least p22
    Last edited by hoser; 05-16-2018 at 11:43 PM.
    People say I'm lazy but it takes all my time

7. Likes specboatops, WavetoWave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hello, my name is Chris.
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is still the best place on the internet for the go fast boats in my opinion! If there’s something you want to see more of on here, post it up! If you build it, they will come...
    Josh Peterson

10. Likes NICE PAIR, WavetoWave, Superbender liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    BTW while FB might be "easier" I swear if you ask a question you will get F'd up, completely wrong, uninformed, stupid, bull**** responses than you thought possible. Here, there are those around who we kinda figured out are knowledgeable. On FB every SOB is a freaking expert. Oh....and Noah is over there now so that also sucks.
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

12. Likes Per, NICE PAIR, pearlriverrat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Demeanor View Post
    BTW while FB might be "easier" I swear if you ask a question you will get F'd up, completely wrong, uninformed, stupid, bull**** responses than you thought possible. Here, there are those around who we kinda figured out are knowledgeable. On FB every SOB is a freaking expert. Oh....and Noah is over there now so that also sucks.
    Also people asking the same questions that just got asked yesterday because now the answer is one million posts down never to be seen again!
    Josh Peterson

14. Likes NICE PAIR, Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Glenn (and everybody),

It turns out this is a bit long, but I hope everybody seeing it will read

Anybody that knows me also knows that I've always operated Scream And Fly in a manner that best represents what people here want. To that end, I also welcome feedback such as this post. As a matter of fact, I consider it extremely important.

Much of what you mention has to do with the normal ups and downs of every online community, and we all know that in addition to the economy taking a big hit several years ago, a lot has also changed in the boating industry. I'm not sure if you've seen the post I made about the roadmap of changes coming to this site, but if you haven't, I think you might find it pretty interesting. However, on the other side of things...

This particular post has been up for only 12 hours, and as of right now, it has 750 views and 39 replies. Furthermore, website traffic has gone up significantly beginning last year, and this site is seeing traffic activity approaching the numbers we saw in 2008. That's not hearsay - it's verified by Google Analytics. I have to disagree with the conclusion that the Scream And Fly site is 'dormant'. If it were, I would not have had to have a completely new server built for this site last year. The crippling slowdowns that ocurred which necessitated that new server was well apparent.

I also must disagree with your view that the good threads about build-ups and tech are not as numerous as before. We've had plenty of such threads active right now, and although I cannot pick and choose who decides to rebuild their boat or something, a quick look through this forum and others will show some really great tech, build-up, and restoration-related threads. I just have to very vehemently, but respectfully disagree with you there. Additionally, we are registering an average of 10 verified members per day steadily. Spammer registrations are deleted, so as not to artificially inflate our membership roster.

Event coverage has been increasing, and the Buy and Sell sections have never had large fluctuations in activity.

I do agree with you that we need feature boats, and you would know Glenn - I contacted you for just such a feature on your Argo. I've also contacted several other members here that I am putting together for a roster of boats I would like to feature on S&F. Having said that, the home page content has been actively growing for a while now.

As for Facebook, it's actually been very beneficial to this site. But not only that, it helps other people here as well, and fundamentally, that's the goal - whether that help takes place here or elsewhere. I'm not in competition with any other site. There's a S&F Facebook page and group as well, and they've introduced this site to many new members. It's been a very good relationship. Facebook is a different format than what we have here, and they seem to be coexisting very well.

I also agree that the home page needs more content. That's nobody’s fault but my own. The last few years for me had been prioritized toward taking care of my mom, who is not well at all. And lucky me, I have my own health matter that has slowed me down, which began with pneumonia over a year ago. Normally, I am very private about my personal life, however, I am also devoted to this site and its members, so that's why I am compelled to give a complete picture. If you or anybody else have ideas or content to contribute here, I welcome it, always.

My phone number is everywhere. If anybody has ideas (I just spoke with nitro_rat tonight on some feature boat ideas) you all know that I am always eager to listen. Call or text me anytime - 239-297-4264. It's almost as easy as clicking "like" on the posts here.

I apologize for this long post, and so I will end it here for now. There's a great deal of content in the pipeline for this summer. I thank you all for your feedback and know that you can all contact me anytime, day or night.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by aggiestckl View Post
    So I started coming to this website around 2008 and became a member in 2011 and at the time I thought it was great. Always a bunch of cool posts of people doing things and events, and what I enjoyed the most a bunch of cool used parts for sale as well as boats.

I've come on this site at least once a day every single day maybe several times a day since 2011.

As of lately it seems this site is slowing down, or the membership isnt here with the typical guys who used to post a bunch and make it fun to read.. I can rattle off a million usernames but it just seems like its dormant almost like the checkmate board or some specific car forums Ive been a member of where you can come on and its just alot of the same.

So is it just me seeing this? Is it facebook taking away from the substance of S&F? Is it the costs of new motors and death of two strokes?

Seems all you read on here anymore is about someones old frankenmotor overheating etc.

Where are the build threads, wheres the how to posts, and more importantly where are the articles about boat of the month with the write ups, or something more interesting than what makes it to the cover.. Thinking of the old hot boat magazines we used to get

I dont know - sure I will get flamed for this but I honestly would like to see the site return to what it once was

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Wentzville.MO 40 "miles west of St Louis"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally didnt start a thread in the fiberglass section due to a former member Tunnells. He was bashing so many people that were doing glass projects and ripping on them to no end. I was doing some glass work and wanted ideas but did not want him flooding the page with his degrading comments.
    He has been ..... "not posting" sence a few members have complaned about the same thing. And however he hasent been on here I want to thank you.
    But just saying. Thats one reason i havent started a couple threads here in the fiberglass area.

Great site Greg thank you for your work in keeping it up and going and for having a open mind.

17. Likes nitro_rat, Varmint, afr liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got sucked into the FB crap....proud to say I’ve been off of it now for almost two years. FB sucks plain and simple. Too much BS. I think it’s biggest problem is the damn “share” button. It makes it soooo easy for brainless morons to continue to be brainless and not have an original thought to save their lives. Here, if you want to know something, or you want to ask something, it takes a good amount of initiative.....and that’s a good thing. Weeds out all the morons. This site has just enough social media for me....

'95 STV "The Blue Goose"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    Glenn (and everybody),

It turns out this is a bit long, but I hope everybody seeing it will read

Anybody that knows me also knows that I've always operated Scream And Fly in a manner that best represents what people here want. To that end, I also welcome feedback such as this post. As a matter of fact, I consider it extremely important.

Much of what you mention has to do with the normal ups and downs of every online community, and we all know that in addition to the economy taking a big hit several years ago, a lot has also changed in the boating industry. I'm not sure if you've seen the post I made about the roadmap of changes coming to this site, but if you haven't, I think you might find it pretty interesting. However, on the other side of things...

This particular post has been up for only 12 hours, and as of right now, it has 750 views and 39 replies. Furthermore, website traffic has gone up significantly beginning last year, and this site is seeing traffic activity approaching the numbers we saw in 2008. That's not hearsay - it's verified by Google Analytics. I have to disagree with the conclusion that the Scream And Fly site is 'dormant'. If it were, I would not have had to have a completely new server built for this site last year. The crippling slowdowns that ocurred which necessitated that new server was well apparent.

I also must disagree with your view that the good threads about build-ups and tech are not as numerous as before. We've had plenty of such threads active right now, and although I cannot pick and choose who decides to rebuild their boat or something, a quick look through this forum and others will show some really great tech, build-up, and restoration-related threads. I just have to very vehemently, but respectfully disagree with you there. Additionally, we are registering an average of 10 verified members per day steadily. Spammer registrations are deleted, so as not to artificially inflate our membership roster.

Event coverage has been increasing, and the Buy and Sell sections have never had large fluctuations in activity.

I do agree with you that we need feature boats, and you would know Glenn - I contacted you for just such a feature on your Argo. I've also contacted several other members here that I am putting together for a roster of boats I would like to feature on S&F. Having said that, the home page content has been actively growing for a while now.

As for Facebook, it's actually been very beneficial to this site. But not only that, it helps other people here as well, and fundamentally, that's the goal - whether that help takes place here or elsewhere. I'm not in competition with any other site. There's a S&F Facebook page and group as well, and they've introduced this site to many new members. It's been a very good relationship. Facebook is a different format than what we have here, and they seem to be coexisting very well.

I also agree that the home page needs more content. That's nobody’s fault but my own. The last few years for me had been prioritized toward taking care of my mom, who is not well at all. And lucky me, I have my own health matter that has slowed me down, which began with pneumonia over a year ago. Normally, I am very private about my personal life, however, I am also devoted to this site and its members, so that's why I am compelled to give a complete picture. If you or anybody else have ideas or content to contribute here, I welcome it, always.

My phone number is everywhere. If anybody has ideas (I just spoke with nitro_rat tonight on some feature boat ideas) you all know that I am always eager to listen. Call or text me anytime - 239-297-4264. It's almost as easy as clicking "like" on the posts here.

I apologize for this long post, and so I will end it here for now. There's a great deal of content in the pipeline for this summer. I thank you all for your feedback and know that you can all contact me anytime, day or night.

Greg
    I hear you and I know it’s not easy. I’d be willing to help as a moderator or with the content as I’m sure some others would.

I did call you a dozen times on the Argo write up, never seemed to work out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    SCREAM AND FLY - There is NO substitute, still the place everyone goes to. Greg, thank you for allowing me to stick around for all these years! Love this place, always have, always will.
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

21. Likes nitro_rat, NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro_rat View Post
    We still have the Captain hanging around. I sure do hate that ol’ T-rex gave up on the outboard game! He was my 2 liter hero. James Perry still comes around some, I miss Jay Smith’s posts. Good stuff. There are several others, Rock, Wildman, Racer...

I guess everything is cyclical...

T-Rex didn`t give up on outboards. Matter of fact he`s in the middle of redoing his Big-Rex. It`s a 380 Laser w/2.4 BP and it`s in the paint booth right now. He`s been busy with his race van lately. I been tryin to get him back on here and I won`t stop.

23. Thanks activator22, oldschoolltv thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull View Post
    T-Rex didn`t give up on outboards...I been tryin to get him back on here and I won`t stop.
    I know he’s still out there messing around. Tell him he has nothing to worry about, Jay Smith isn’t posting here anymore either!!! As long as he doesn’t let the newbies find out how ugly he iz!!!
    Josh Peterson

25. Likes FORBESAUTO, David - WI, oldschoolltv liked this post
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast