Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I presume U have insurance I would think your agent/company would help with their lawyers?
    Checkmate 2002 Convincor 270 496 MAG-HO

2003 Cougar 22MTR w/300xs SOLD
    90 21Skater w/300xs - sold
    98 STV Euroski w/280 - sold

2006 Trailblazer SS 6.0l 395hp

2. Likes mr fun, XstreamVking, STVmod, Flightplan liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Euroski hit it on the head. As far as any claim and eventual lawsuit is concerned, your insurance company takes care of that. Just be sure that, when you speak with them, you suggest that this was a deliberate brake check accident and they may want to have their SIU (a department every insurer in Florida has that looks into fraud) department look into this accident. You do not need to hire an attorney.

Regarding the ticket, it depends on your status with your insurance company. Cops have not caught me in a long time, and I no longer have kids at home where I need to be squeaky clean, so if I got one I would probably just pay it and avoid a hassle. I believe that there is a block on the back of the ticket where you can say you are pleading no contest, do that because if you plead guilty they can use that in the civil suit. If you want to hire one of those Ticket clinic type lawyers, you will almost certainly win because, if it is set for trial, they cannot convict you without the other guy showing up (cop did not see the accident), and he will most likely blow it off. Typically, if the other guy shows up your attorney then pleads no contest, no harm, no foul. if you lived in Florida there is an option to plead no contest and go to school (I think there are even some on line schools now), no points and I believe no record. You could call the Clerk of the Courts to as if you can do that on line from outside Florida.

I do these cases for a living, and I work for an insurance company only so I am not looking for your business, just trying to help. Call me you want.
    Per Rock:

"Once I bought my first Hydrostream boating changed forever for me."

Per my hero Instigator:

"I try not to let common sense interfere w/my boat buying decisions."

Pat Gent
    cell 954-249-3246
    '78 Hydrostream Vandal (being rebuilt)
    '86 21' Eliminator Daytona, 300 OMC V-8 (Li'l Toy III)

4. Likes delawarerick, CDave, tunnelmike liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TraceF3 View Post
    Curious what model you use?
    I have a Lukas LK-7950WD unit. Paid $270 for it about 4 years ago. It's old technology now. You want something with front and rear facing cameras of 1080p or better.

Updated Lukas offerings are here: http://www.qviadashcam.net/bbs/board...wr_i=70&soon=0 Mine would be similar to the K900qd shown there.

Another one I'd look at is the Vantrue N2 Pro: https://www.vantrue.net/Goods/goodList/cid/4.html

Keith-

6. Thanks TraceF3, Forkin' Crazy thanked for this post
    Likes CDave, STVmod, TraceF3, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whoa, just hit me as I got (usless DUI) on my HD long ago. Lawyer had it knocked down to "Reckless" so not Careless. Dunno on that but my mistake before. Keep us updated..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a 2014 model, new enough to have "black box" capabilities. Not a separate unit like an aircraft has, but the various ecu's will have stored data that can be acsessed. He has already stated to the police that he did not step on the brakes, his car could make him a liar. Don't let that car get disposed of!!! You may need it as your best defense witness. 50 years as a dealership tech, it's amazing what's in cars the public isn't aware of.
    AIRWALK
    gettin' old ain't for sissies

9. Likes Robby321, powerabout, Forkin' Crazy, CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you no what year the car was I'm thinking around 2015 most of the cars will record the data at the time of the accident insurance companies have access to this information Freeze Frame data will show information at that time to kind of like a black box in an airplane

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the link out hope it helps and good luck

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2014 Ford Fusion

GET IN; SIT DOWN; SHUT UP;AND HOLD ON

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STV_Keith View Post
    I have a Lukas LK-7950WD unit. Paid $270 for it about 4 years ago. It's old technology now. You want something with front and rear facing cameras of 1080p or better.

Updated Lukas offerings are here: http://www.qviadashcam.net/bbs/board...wr_i=70&soon=0 Mine would be similar to the K900qd shown there.

Another one I'd look at is the Vantrue N2 Pro: https://www.vantrue.net/Goods/goodList/cid/4.html

Thanks!
    \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\///

Checkmate Pulsare 2100 with a 2017 Merc 250 Pro XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And PS--if I did not make it clear above, except for not wanting to have a guilty plea on the record, what happens to the traffic ticket has absolutely nothing to do with, and cannot be evidence in the civil suit.
    Per Rock:

"Once I bought my first Hydrostream boating changed forever for me."

Per my hero Instigator:

"I try not to let common sense interfere w/my boat buying decisions."

Pat Gent
    cell 954-249-3246
    '78 Hydrostream Vandal (being rebuilt)
    '86 21' Eliminator Daytona, 300 OMC V-8 (Li'l Toy III)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mentioned about not letting the Fusion get disposed of. This can happen VERY quickly! His insurance will want it gone to auction both to get a return on their $, & to make any potential evidence "go away". My present job is disassembling totaled motorcycles. I have seen bikes at our door in as little as 3 weeks after the accident. Totals get moved to huge auction yards quickly to avoid storage charges at the private yard it went to first. Time could be of the essence! The 3 weeks I mentioned included towing to private yard, estimate for totalling or repair, transfer to auction yard, auction & then transport to us. No time to waste, get your insurance agent on it now.
    AIRWALK
    gettin' old ain't for sissies

17. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He ain't kidding about how quick they act. My sons stang got hit and totaled. We went to look at it to see how bad it was. and it had been moved to the co-part auction yard. This was within a week. This car was paid off and didn't belong to them. We were not told anything. I was po'd.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STVmod View Post
    I will keep this short as i can. Me and the Faimly were headed to the keys from SC pulling a 21 ft Grady white loaded down. Wet roads (not Raining) running down the turnpike coming into Miami 5 cars on the road i was following a Ford Fusion respectable distance. We had been running together for a few miles we moved into the left lane to pass a box truck and as soon as i got beside the truck the guy in the fusion out of the blue locked his brakes up.... well now he has a totaled fusion and i have a ticket and bent bumper on the 2500 ram. I feel like it was intentional as there was nothing in front of him and he told the officer that he never hit the brakes i just came up behind him and rammed him out of the blue. Officer said he knows what is going on but has no option but to charge me with careless driving. I get it, I couldn’t stop, and should of left more room but anyway i am looking for where to proceed from here. When i got home from the keys i had several pieces of mail from lawyers in fl to handle the ticket.

Btw the guy was driving on a suspended license he didn’t know about so they impounded his car on the site.

i was looking for any advice from the Florida guys do i just pay the ticket or call one of these Laywer adds i got in the mail?
    this is an old money making scheme that is making a resurgence, slam on the brakes...get a check in the mail. Also there are people who are Soooo against getting a job, they jump in front of vehicles in residential areas and again get a big fat check.
    As far as your case, I wasn't there but have worked hundreds of crashes here in FL. The officer DID NOT have to write you a careless dr ticket, it is a discretionary choice based on the totality of the case. If anything, to satisfy his trooper superiors he could have just wrote a following too closely ticket. In this case I'd be more focused on the other guys driving history and the circumstances leading to his suspended licence (many indicators that they knew full well it was) and that's a trip to the jail.
    Without going too far off course here, your ticket......plead not guilty. It will of course require you come back down here for court, but the ticket will be thrown out completely if the guy doesn't show (lack of wheel witness). These types of people don't showup, they only want an insurance check.
    As far as the rest, the above advice is good, let the insurance companies lawyers deal with that. Hope all works out for ya
    1977 Hydrostream Vector 2.5 Promax

20. Likes STVmod liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moparbarn View Post
    That was a 2014 model, new enough to have "black box" capabilities. Not a separate unit like an aircraft has, but the various ecu's will have stored data that can be acsessed. He has already stated to the police that he did not step on the brakes, his car could make him a liar. Don't let that car get disposed of!!! You may need it as your best defense witness. 50 years as a dealership tech, it's amazing what's in cars the public isn't aware of.
    Excellent idea!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast