Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob V View Post
    The road of life is a mysterious thing. You never know what tomorrow is going to bring. Sometimes, when you think that life has taken you down a dead end street, you later realize that it was only to get you to a better place. Not long ago you were sadly closing down your old shop that had been your best friend for so many years. Now, out of nowhere, a few kind "chippies" swoop in and are probably going to build you a better shop that you could have imagined. You just never know where the road is going to take you, but hang on for the ride...

Bob, never was a truer word spoken, In six hours Ted achieved what would have taken me six days to do------ he came at 9am, bang on time and never stopped until 3pm. He was alone and turned out to be a very accomplished carpenter-------we talked of all the things I used to talk about when I went to work, family, football , hopes and and ambitions, politics ,the weather, people and food. Was one of the shortest six hours I ever spent. End result was fantasmagorical-----tomorrow I am installing the machinery------ worktops are done and dusted, sod my old boots, I only got the keys to the place yesterday-------now that really is cooking with gas and there's nothing much wrong with the youngsters in this world. Ted renewed my faith in human nature, today I ate bear and learned a valuable lesson. My sainted mother used to say "GOD WORKS IN A MYSTERIOUS WAY" -----maybe the old biddy wasn't so far off'n the Mark after all.

Do a few piccies later on, falling asleep at the minute !

2. Thanks shadowcat thanked for this post
    Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010712.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	416.6 KB 
ID:	364280

And so it began------the start of the new shop------help from a most unexpected corner by a young man I hadn't even known a week ago!

Name:	P1010713.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	407.6 KB 
ID:	364281

Some six hours later-------both workbenches are completed, to a much higher standard than I would ever have achieved.
    tomorrow I start installing machinery------a long way to go yet, but the journey has already got under way to a flying start.
    Inside the workshop on a dull and dismal Sunday afternoon, but the five 36watt LED lights make it look like a bright sunshiny day!

Name:	P1010706.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	424.8 KB 
ID:	364282Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010699.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	412.4 KB 
ID:	364283Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010707.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	445.5 KB 
ID:	364284

Back garden of the bungalow, with a view out of the workshop window which faces north, I won't exactly get blinded by sunshine, but its a very pleasant environment to be working in.
    A week tomorrow and we move in. One door closes but another one opens, all you need is the balls to go through it------who knows what adventures lie beyond ?

4. Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	P1010702.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	396.3 KB 
ID:	364317

Thats the new compressor (Silent)-----as used by dentists etc, says on it oil free, I'm told it's a screw compressor-------no doubt Fuji or Bob V will tell me the basic principles and what are it's virtues and problems are!
    Happy Birthday Gary Stray
    I promise you, I did not write the above line----It's just one of the many idiosyncrasies that occur when I dabble in technology I don't understand------and anyway "RATBAGS" birthday was yesterday.
    Spent half the night dreaming up all the different scenarios for shelving the workshop out.
    Getting the quart into a pint pot is a definate possibility.
    Onivar !!!! Onwards and upwards, another new day just begun.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cleared out another load from the workshop-------one shop dies, a new one comes to life !
    Amazing how filthy the shop was------will give it a decent send off------another week and nobody will ever know what went on there-----bit like a boat with a hole, sinks to the depths without trace, all that's left are a few piccies and some obscure memories.
    Very slow progress today, chucked it down from noon to dark, same thing forecast for tomorrow. On with the last few miserable jobs, the ones you put off till last.
    Hoped to have a place for every machine, that's not going to happen, rapidly running out of space, band saw and under and over planer thicknesser will have be double parked.
    Cant get the Maytag washing machine in anywhere, it's going to have to go, another faithful servant bites the dust, alongside the bureau------grandfather clock and the cream leather settee.
    Anyone need a Hawaiian Pineapple Oval table, made with 2"" thick American redwood ?
    '''Tis said in the streets of arran you must be "cruel to be kind" --------last time there was a cull like this, Custer was heard to say---------"Look at all those FECKIN Indians".

Trumps in the Ca-Ca again, PC is catching him out, Meryl shoulda stayed in Madison County ------
    humour went out the window-------acting is king----- poor guy has probably given more to the afflicted than half of Hollywood.
    I just love everyone, but should have not passed comment------that's not allowed under PC rules !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We know actors and actresses live in fantasy dream land but they thinks its reality.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    We know actors and actresses live in fantasy dream land but they thinks its reality.
    Have to chime in here....you are dead on! The three A"s - Actors, Actresses and Athletes, all just "play the part or game" and are entertainment but not NEEDED!!!!! Gary
    "12" Super Lite Tunnel (11') "88" 25 Yammy twin carb "BANANA SPLIT"
    "77" Hydrostream Viper "87" 140 Rude heavy modded w/15" mid, Bobs nose and lwp "DANGER ZONE"
    "72" Checkmate MX-13 "80" 75 Rude w/15"mid and Nitro Lu (to be restored)

"Too much is never enough" Keith Richards " Dreams become reality via hard work and perseverance" G.A.Carbonneau

"This coming from an old man that strapped two bananas together, hung a motor on it and calls it a boat" XstreamVking

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Ain't that the truth, and there not just in The USA ------we have our own "Hollywood right here in London ------we call it Parliament. Politicians playing wannabe-----a bunch of bloody clowns and idiots with an IQ rating of a wooden doll !
    Brexperts who warned of doom and gloom, zilch economy, and no trade with anybody, Bankers who know everything but their guess is no where near as good as mine, and a lack of belief that defies belief.
    I wouldn't pay the buggers in plastic washers------can't call 'em wankers, even they get a bit of pleasure now and again , politicians and actors are just very sad individuals.

just as a last aside, Doubt if there is a person ---race or religion that has not been subject to humour,
    in fact, if you haven't, there must be something very odd about you ?????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ghengis Khan had one, Paul Revere, had one, Henry the eighth had one, along with Caesar, Socrates and Garbrecht ! Well now I've got one--------I'm referring of course to the "MAN CAVE"------ the haven of the man of the house. ,!!!!
    I laid a stainless steel surface on top of my workbench------why ? ------because I could, and I still have ambition to become quite good at concepts, so why not have a brilliant bench to begin with.
    Decided nothing but the best will do and it all has to be "to hand"------ bit like a whizz kid on a computer-------he don't even look at the keyboard------he KNOWS where EVERYTHING is !
    Had a great couple of hours this morning in the new shop-------never once threw a wobbly or the dolly out of the pram.
    If I get on well later today -----then I'll post a piccie or two .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got on just ok, but that's about it-------managed to blow the trip switch--------hell of a bang, smoke, just a little, but the stink of burnt rubber and sweaty feet, ( was probably me doing my imitation of TOM.)
    Maybe I'll get a little more time in the new shop Wednesday-------worktop in non reflective stainless looks the dogs cajones-----touch of NASA right there, maybe I can keep a concept clean.
    Decided I am never going to be "politically correct"------ just stick to the virtues and decencies my sainted mother taught me, but don't be afraid of the truth, she also said". "you don't have to fight fair-----you just have to win. ,!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not the best or most productive day of my life------too much rubbish underfoot, too many distractions, like "can you just plumb in the washing machine-------it's no good , I need the big fridge in the kitchen, just little stuff demanded by her who shall be obeyed.
    Might be a bit over the top putting a coat of yacht varnish over the worktop -----but, what the hell, I could have tiled it !
    House is now damn near empty, prize roses have been lifted and transplanted along with a couple of lilac trees, acers and azaleas ---------PASCAL has been removed but not erected------sun dial and statutory made ready. Just little things that screw up the flow of progress.
    Did take the camera, but how the hell can you photograph chaos.
    Bloody Thursday again tomorrow----car boot day, forecast is for sleet and snow-------either take a brolly or don't even bother getting out of the car!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smallest car boot sale I ever attended------probably fifty stalls max, beauty of that is-------almost any bid will get your hand snatched off !
    Bought a brand new hard back "Thesaurus" for a quid, Painted and signed picture of a lifeboat for three quid------tried the geezer on two, but absolute diehard rock bottom was three, A huge tin full of taps, drills, cutting tools, centre pops for a pound.
    Today, I ate bear, then I came home-------just got a couple of things for you to do today Jacko, ( (Madam only calls me that when she wants something done). Need a new shelf in the glass cupboard, and take down those hideous wall lights in the lounge and replace them with the ones I bought in "ALINEA" in France last year"------------bang goes my day getting the new shop up to muster !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	P1010716.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	388.1 KB 
ID:	364526Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010717.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	386.2 KB 
ID:	364527Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010718.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	384.7 KB 
ID:	364528

Theres the three quid picture of a lifeboat-------it's my mate Keith's birthday today------not often you can get away with a three pound pressy-------he retired from the lifeboats last year.
    Thats the curved top sea chest out of all Brazilian Mahogany I made twenty years ago-------they said it couldn't be done------so I did it ?

15. Thanks shadowcat, Scream And Fly thanked for this post
    Likes shadowcat, Scream And Fly liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Political correctness?
    As a pilgrim I dont mind taking a lesson from this guy...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-allowed.html

17. Likes AZMIDLYF liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Political correctness?
    As a pilgrim I dont mind taking a lesson from this guy...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-allowed.html
    Have to tell you Pilgrim, John Cleese is great, as he says, Every country in the world has the piss taken out of it sometime or another-----------neighbouring countries in particular-------Australia and New Zealand---------England And Ireland-------Sweden and Finland------Mexico and the USA, sorry but it is forbidden to mention the Whites and darker shades of people's !
    Was told by my grandkids if I ever said Golly w-g or greaseball, *******, coon or lard arse I would be thrown in clink and the trial date would not be set until I was 110 .
    There is no such thing as freedom of speech any more------you may not jest about people or even places anymore------Political Correctness is worse than the Spanish Inquisition for stifling a nation, and whatever you do DO NOT MENTION HIS LIMP------or the humpety back, or B.O.-------Don't worry
    Pilgrim, I did my will 25 years ago------the dogs home gets zilch !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	P1010720.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	412.9 KB 
ID:	364552Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010719.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	404.0 KB 
ID:	364553

Whacked the workbench with another coat of varnish, reason for doing this is not quite as daft as it would first appear. Should I spill any oil or grease on the work surface, it now won't stain or collect the dust that an untreated surface would.
    It was a dog nasty old brick built single garage when I started, when it's completed, I want it to be a thing of beauty ( a joy forever).
    I'm
    caught between the devil and the deep at the moment------her royal highness deems my presence is required for more mundane duties than creating a lab workshop------microwave installation and extra power points and shelves take priority !
    Just three more days before we move into the bungalow, I'm keeping a low profile when that happens, in fact I might just feel a headache coming on and confine myself to the garden shed.

Bench press, vice, grinder and anvil are in place and fit for human consumption-------reckon I'm 25% of the way there. Next up is shelving, need to get that done before the big stuff gets installed as fast as imply one box, another two appear, ----nobody in their right mind would hang onto this much clutter.
    Despair is just around the corner, but when I see her coming I manage to keep out of sight, the bitch has been chasing me for the last two weeks--------but I'm smarter than the average Boo-Boo.

20. Likes Scream And Fly liked this post
Page 346 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 246 296 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 396 446 846 ... LastLast