Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...Truly sorry to hear of this great loss Jackie. Condolences to Mark & the entire family...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Wife and I send our condolences. The kind of losses are tough on a family.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for your family on their loss.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talked to Mark for an hour or two last night. Well, it was his birthday, Vicky had decided not to leave on his birthday, so she she left with a half hour to spare .
    Been a bit of an upheaval for the wilson Firm, what with the purchase of new premises , moving the factory from Fort Pierce back down to Stuart [Palm City actually] .
    Craig and his family already moved into the house at the ranch and the workshops being expanded to accommodate both WILSON CUSTOM MARINE. AND WILSON COMPOSITES !!!
    Marks house wont be ready for a while yet, important to complete the move and get the shop up and running first.
    Should be open for business around Easter time ,
    Sad part of all this, is the fact that we are still in lockdown here with severe travel restrictions, USA is one of those countries that require a UK resident to spend a 14 day quarantine period, before and after a visit there. So not a single member of the Wilson clan in England will be at Vicky‘s wake.
    Looks like we are still on course to be out of quarantine by April 14TH. That’s when life should slowly get back to something like „“Normal“—-whatever that may be ??????
    Thanks to all my friends for the condolences—— too many to thank each one of you personally, so forgive me . This way i don’t miss anyone out.

5. Thanks peterse90 thanked for this post
    Likes Lake X Kid liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Talked to Mark for an hour or two last night. Well, it was his birthday, Vicky had decided not to leave on his birthday, so she she left with a half hour to spare .
    Been a bit of an upheaval for the wilson Firm, what with the purchase of new premises , moving the factory from Fort Pierce back down to Stuart [Palm City actually] .
    Craig and his family already moved into the house at the ranch and the workshops being expanded to accommodate both WILSON CUSTOM MARINE. AND WILSON COMPOSITES !!!
    Marks house wont be ready for a while yet, important to complete the move and get the shop up and running first.
    Should be open for business around Easter time ,
    Sad part of all this, is the fact that we are still in lockdown here with severe travel restrictions, USA is one of those countries that require a UK resident to spend a 14 day quarantine period, before and after a visit there. So not a single member of the Wilson clan in England will be at Vicky‘s wake.
    Looks like we are still on course to be out of quarantine by April 14TH. That’s when life should slowly get back to something like „“Normal“—-whatever that may be ??????
    Thanks to all my friends for the condolences—— too many to thank each one of you personally, so forgive me . This way i don’t miss anyone out.
    So sorry to read about Mark's wife passing. Worse possible life happening to experience, and almost as bad that no one from the UK family can be there to say goodbye & hug Mark.

John

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, SO I KNOW THIS IS GOING „“OFF PISTE“ BUT , BEAR WITH ME.

Couple of days have past since Marks wife Vicky passed away, [ somehow, i just don’t like that expression]. Seems to be the only thing i have thought about during that time, simply cannot get her out of my mind. Only a few close friends knew of Vicky‘s ailment—started thirteen years ago when Mark received a phone call from her. “Mark, where am i , ive forgotten where we live!!!“. Vicks had just been on her weekly trip to the bank, as she always did on a Monday.
    Stop messing about girl, what’s up ? Mark did know exactly where she was , so he went and found her .
    That was the first indication that anything was wrong . Vicky was just 50 years old .
    Now i can’t tell you whether it was dementure or Alzheimer’s , all i can tell you is we watched it eat into her for 13 years before she died .
    My son tried everything known to man, in an attempt to stem the advance of this terrible ailment.
    Simply would not hear of having her hospitalised, or put in a care home, or hospice. He was with her 24/7 until the moment she died .
    Wherever he went — Vicky went— end of !!!!! Whether it was a top level management or board meeting, visiting customers , or sitting in reception at WILSON CUSTOM MARINE . Two of them were together and inseparable .
    Many of the OLD FARTS will remember her with Mark at the last fall meeting in Tavares . She refused To leave his side for even a minute .
    Seebold and i discussed this on numerous occasions , we both agreed that neither of us could devote the amount of care and attention to our loved ones as Mark did.
    Over the years , i have often wondered if i could have done a better job of raising my children .
    I was always shy of praising my kids —- just wish i had told them more often, just how proud of them i really am. Especially my son Mark. So i will say it one more time. MARK, I AM SO VERY PROUD OF YOU—ALWAYS HAVE BEEN— EVERYTHING A MAN COULD WISH FROM HIS BOY. I LOVE YOU .
    Not one of my kids read scream and fly—- why? —i have no idea!! Not even Mark.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DF231069-9E7F-43CA-B697-AAB1CBC293B7.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	432.7 KB 
ID:	484236

My son Mark—with his son Craig. Seems like all our life was spent around power boats . Here i am forty years later , nothing much has changed , except i grew older without really trying. Life sill revolves around power boats one way or another . Mark and Craig Design and Build offshore power boats for real.
    Me—i make „“CONCEPTS OF POWERBOATS“ . Nothing changes very much!

9. Likes GENE LANHAM, Lake X Kid liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	F527494B-F2DD-4552-8ED6-322041BC7B4D.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	439.7 KB 
ID:	484260
    My. Baby sister Jan used to follow Mark and i throughout our racing careers. She also held on to a stack of racing memorabilia. Here are some of the comics she kept.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My son Mark—with his son Craig. Seems like all our life was spent around power boats . Here i am forty years later , nothing much has changed , except i grew older without really trying. Life sill revolves around power boats one way or another . Mark and Craig Design and Build offshore power boats for real.
    Me—i make „“CONCEPTS OF POWERBOATS“ . Nothing changes very much!

Name:	Mark Wilson and son Craig..JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	192.0 KB 
ID:	484270

12. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Condolences to the Wilson clan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tomorrow at noon, we get handed the keys to our new/old house . Old house , but New to us .
    We opted for a single story bungalow, getting too old to climb stairs . Slight problem here as there is no garage !!!!!!! Solved the problem. “SUPERSHED“. EAT YOUR HEART OUT !!!! As we speak, work is on to erect my dream Workshop. Custom made shed—- will house ALL my new machinery.
    Opted for only the best—- after years of making do with what i could afford , have finally achieved everything i ever wanted workshop wise . Should be up and running by Easter.
    Will send you progress pictures !!!!!!!

15. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	105901BC-85DE-4C01-ABB5-653307046F6A.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	424.6 KB 
ID:	484297

This was a report on that fateful day in Casale . Mark had joined Renato in the Martini team, he had driven in Milan the previous race —- boat was a piece of SH-T, no power steering and it leaked like a sieve . When the boat was hauled out on the crane , it took twenty minutes for the PHOO-PHOO valves to drain it. That was the first time NICOLO SAN GERMANO and i fell out big time . Afraid i told him his fortune —— and his lineage ! I simply felt that him in particular —- along with OMC had let Mark down big time. But that’s a tale for another day! Tom Percival went well up the scale in my estimation after that accident.
    Last edited by jackiewilson; 03-21-2021 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Errors

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was a report on that fateful day in Casale . Mark had joined Renato in the Martini team, he had driven in Milan the previous race —- boat was a piece of SH-T, no power steering and it leaked like a sieve . When the boat was hauled out on the crane , it took twenty minutes for the PHOO-PHOO valves to drain it. That was the first time NICOLO SAN GERMANO and i fell out big time . Afraid i told him his fortune —— and his lineage ! I simply felt that him in particular —- along with OMC had let Mark down big time. But that’s a tale for another day!
    Tom Percival went well up the scale in my estimation after that accident.
    I have witnessed the slow reaction of rescue teams in Italy. When I, one time literally pointed to a pilot in the water, and told them to proceed to the accident.

Tom in another fender bender. This reminds me of his good fortune, that one of the Como carpenters (only time I remember one of them being at a race) was at an Auronzo Italy race. Tom banged the side (with I do believe it was his buddy Bob Spalding) and received a hole.

The hole was right at the waterline on the right sponson, near the cockpit area. So we get the water logged boat on shore. And whilst I am repairing Tom's malfunction kill switch, the singing carpenter (he sang during work at the Como shop, the other carpenter just listened) was repairing the wooden hole with a hand saw, hammer and glue. And it was successful and Tom Percival was ready for the next heat.

Name:	Mark W. injured in Italy.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	195.5 KB 
ID:	484345

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At Casale Monferrato they never considered there could ever be „“AN ACCIDENT“ If you had a skiff or a rowboat , then that would suffice.
    It was the camaraderie , the great food —- and the bat sized mosquitoes that made CASALE what it is.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	5F239051-D69C-49F5-9F36-8563A5FCF2AE.jpeg 
Views:	105 
Size:	152.5 KB 
ID:	484376

Everyday sort of average mossie that can be felt , any evening as the sun goes down on CASALE MONFERRATO ——— especially around dinner time ???????

Page 926 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 426 826 876 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 976 1026 ... LastLast