PDA

View Full Version : Stratos tunnel Vee

ncst8er
02-28-2002, 06:52 PM
There is a Stratos "Rocket" tunnel vee ski boat for sale that I am considering purchasing. I will be looking at the boat tomorrow (when I will try to get more definitive model info., among other things). The deck looks something like a Hydrostream Vegas and the bottom looks a Valero YT exept the tunnels appear a little shallower. Does anyone know anything about this model.? Is it a good performance hull? This will be my first boat and I want one with good speed potential that has reasonably good stability also.

TIA

half fast
02-28-2002, 08:42 PM
I had one for a while,nice boat.It's just a heavier LTV,early Summerford design (STV originator)I ran a mod 2.6 OMC std gearcase and a big raker prop. mid 80's and could ski with it.hf..

dan agnew
03-03-2002, 03:22 AM
ncst8er, a rocket it is not. if you want a good ski boat it works. if you want a good cruising boat it works. if you want a fast or even halfast hull dont. if you can steal this boat, it looks good has reasonable power with no problems ok. just do not expect it to run fast it wont even in freefall.

Danny