PDA

View Full Version : rub rail vendors??

talontunnel
01-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Anyone know of a vendor that carries aftermarket rub rails besides boat us ect???

The Big Al
01-08-2006, 02:30 PM
http://www.tacomarine.com/tech/rr_faq.htm

Now when we installed it at the Panther Boats, we would put the rubber in hot water, and it would install easy. Mfg trick.

Al

THE HOGG
01-08-2006, 02:39 PM
I Bought Mine From John Spaeth At Hydrostream Canada.

BUSHWACKER
01-08-2006, 08:27 PM
:p I would like the info for rubrail for my 79 Vector thanks

daytrader
01-11-2006, 11:05 AM
Hey, bush, how ya been? try www.surplusunlimited.com, they have some, and they are in FLA, take care, Gary

hsbob
01-31-2006, 05:48 PM
use big als trick but leave the rail in the tub of hot water. i put the tub on a "moving cart" and spin the cart as i apply the rail. keeps the rail hottest. also mark the center of the rail. you need to streach over the boat and it gives you a center point at the bow.

yachter55
01-19-2009, 11:44 PM
I had mine custom made for my 13 cigarette,from Barbour plastics.20 pages of rub rails.they have been around for ever.and you can download the catalog

yachter55
01-27-2009, 06:10 PM
what color and size are you looking for ?

XstreamVking
01-27-2009, 06:50 PM
yachter55 whats the website for barbour plastics if you have it

yachter55
01-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Barbour plastics.comhttp://barbourplastics.comgo to marine products

XstreamVking
01-27-2009, 07:26 PM
Thanks very much yachter55 I have been trying to remember this companys name for months. Bought some rail years ago from them.

1BadAction
01-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Barbour plastics.comhttp://barbourplastics.comgo to marine products

that is awesome! they have exactly what I have been looking for. Thanks.

QUICKSILVER
01-29-2009, 11:58 AM
When I was looking for rubrail, shipping was the biggest problem. The railing I needed was made by Taco metals, and carried by several outlets. The cost of shipping always made it too expensive because it came in 12' lengths. Shipping was going to be something like $60.00 for each stick, and I needed 7 sticks.

I found the exact railing at West Marine, and they have their own trucks, so they don't charge shipping. It saved me over $400 and they had it in less than a week.

RobF
01-29-2009, 04:25 PM
if you check your local suppliers they usually have taco rails. If its something they dont have in stock right then and there you can ask them to put it in with thier next rub rail order.

If I get 3 pieces of rail or 9 pieces it still costs no less then $165 to truck frieght it to me.

If a place is charging $60 PER PIECE they are straight up ripping you off.

QUICKSILVER
01-31-2009, 05:27 PM
if you check your local suppliers they usually have taco rails. If its something they dont have in stock right then and there you can ask them to put it in with thier next rub rail order.

If I get 3 pieces of rail or 9 pieces it still costs no less then $165 to truck frieght it to me.

If a place is charging $60 PER PIECE they are straight up ripping you off.

I don't have a local supplier, except for me. I am a dealer for 8 or 9 different marine suppliers, but I don't get discount shipping rates on oversize items dropped shipped from the factory. I guess I could drive to Atlanta, or Charlotte, both are over 100 miles away.

I was buying 1" wide oval polished Taco railing that is the exact railing that Skater used from the factory. To keep from damaging it each piece had to be wrapped in tape then fastened to a 12' long board so it wouldn't be damaged during shipping.

West Marine is 30 miles from me and had to order seven sticks the first time, and 4 the second time to replace the ones that were damaged during shipping of the first seven. I only had to pay for 7, and no shipping, but I paid retail.

Since you are a dealer, out of curiousity, what would the shipping charge be for you to send me the same railing? I am in SC.

dorton
01-31-2009, 06:37 PM
, we would put the rubber in hot water, and it would install easy. Mfg trick.

Al

Thanks for the tip

RobF
01-31-2009, 07:26 PM
interesting enough skater rail is actually in the taco catalog under "trim", not railing.

Taco will not sell to anyone, or shop, unless you are one of thier distruibtors, they protect thier dealers pretty good because I can never buy anything direct from them- but I HAVE had stuff drop shipped from Taco to other people in other states from them before if it was not in stock through my local place, but the paper had to go through my local places.

Matt Gent
02-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Wefco has tons of different cross-section rubrails. I'm going to use them for my Vandal, I think oldskier already put one on his Viper.

Dave Strong
03-20-2009, 12:38 AM
Try L&L MARINE, needed real small one for my boat looked every place cost $400.00 to get it to SE. B.C. from Califonia, but it got here with no damage. Dave