PDA

View Full Version : Trim wiring Q

Delta
05-23-2001, 07:10 PM
Hey Gang:
When I first got my pro-trim(turn signal-like trim switch),I just spliced into the existing wiring on the remote control/shifter box.
I picked up a Rex shifter[insert plug for RickRacer's here <g>.],and have a foot throttle,so I've removed the remote completely.Here's the problem:
What wires do I hook the protrim to? There are four wires that went to the original merc trim switch.(It is the Commander type...no trailer switch,just one trim switch for the two trim rams and one tilt ram.)(type "B")
It looks like maybe the brown white wire isn't used,or is tied in to the blue/white wire.Any ideas?
Protrim:red,green,blue.
Merc trim:blue/white,green/white,purple/white,brown/white.
Thanks,Delta

Rickracer
05-23-2001, 09:16 PM
I believe, red to purple/white, green to green/white, and blue to blue/white, and leave out the other one.

Delta
05-23-2001, 10:21 PM
Thanks Rick...I'll wait to see if someone concurs,since ya aint sure.Just tape off the extra wire?
Hey,I just found out I have to route my Morse cable differently,so now its too short! It says 168.0,#D32377.
I need the same one(for the shifter),except 32" longer.Can you 3-day select one to my Dublin address? It needs to be minimum of 32" longer,so round up please! Thanks!

92xb2002t
05-24-2001, 12:32 AM
Brown/white should be to the trim sending unit/trim gauge

Delta
05-24-2001, 03:01 AM
Thanks 92,you're right.I've got that end wired OK.When that brn/wht wire gets close to the remote,it splits away from the 4-wire loom,and terminates into the ign. switch.Then a red wire from the ign. switch butts into another brn/wht wire,which then goes up to the trim switch,where I end up with an unclear wiring diagram,and an extra wire! Thanks,Delta

Delta
05-24-2001, 11:32 PM
? Thanks,Delta