PDA

View Full Version : deletions

mr.clean
12-29-2005, 01:21 PM
when a post/thread is deleted how about a P.M. or email notification explaining why. not that I think you are obligated to explain but it may eliminate some confusion or hard feelings on the part of the deleted. Without knowing what you did wrong it is hard not to do it again. Just a thought!

Scream And Fly
12-29-2005, 01:25 PM
Bill, many times, I try to do just that - but explaining every action taken on the forums adds a tremendous amount of overhead to my work load here. Depending on the situation, I think most people here know why their posts were removed and they get the hint. Although these days, the forums are running very smoothly.

My email and phone number is pasted all over this forum too, so I'm very easy to contact.

Greg

Liqui-Fly
12-29-2005, 01:44 PM
Mr. Clean the default message to you is because you are a sick, twisted a-hole. Do you feel better now? :eek:

mr.clean
12-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Mr. Clean the default message to you is because you are a sick, twisted a-hole. Do you feel better now? :eek:
:D :D :D :D :D :D good stuff, hillbilly :D how is the little one doing?

Greg, I guess I already knew the answer to that one. I'm certainly not going to call you for something so trivial and I hope no one else would either. what about a default message? just to let the offender know he has been deleted. I have seen generic messages on other boards "moderator edit: deleted due to adult content" or something like that.

Scream And Fly
12-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Bill, we've been inserting "Moderator Edit" messages into edited posts for a while now: http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90287&highlight=moderator+edit