PDA

View Full Version : outboard jet races in 2006

rockdamage
12-29-2005, 11:46 AM
OK, we need to start thinking about a race this year. We can do it in Vanburen Again, or we can go somewhere else. But this year I'm planning on more thean one race! other than the drag race we will have some sort of poker run. Most likely involving a 20+ mile run. ( vanburen to powdermill ) with prizes !

I need input so I can get started on the paper work. we should still think about having a boat show on the day of the drag races. or the river run.

Time to rustle some feathers!!!!!!!!

maybe we could have a class just for evinrude re-jecs Ooops I mean e-tecs

jphii
12-29-2005, 11:52 AM
Just wanted to give you a heads up, I'm stealing that pic for an avatar :D :D :D

Turn & Burn
12-29-2005, 09:17 PM
keep us posted about races or poker run. Sounds like fun everyone up here loves " THE CURRENT".

rockdamage
01-02-2006, 12:21 AM
Do we want to run across boom'n shoals?? I don't mind but thats me!
also we need to deside where to set check points???

Happy new years you bunch of rednecks !!!!!!!

ben673
01-09-2006, 04:26 PM
KOA, Whaymier, Paint Rock, Cortareva, Blue Springs

I'll run in it, and we should definantly run over boomin'.

pumpshock
01-09-2006, 10:12 PM
I don't see why we wouldn't run over boomin', that is unless someone is a little sceared :p, can't wait to see everyone blastin' up the current again. We gotta make all the events have a great turn out this year. See ya on da wata'

mercrunner
01-10-2006, 06:51 PM
Hello rockdamage and buds

Have I missed something, have they changed the horsepower limits on the current river, you said you might have a poker run -- is this just for the 40 horse boats ?? and smaller ???

You might consider Doniphan or The Springs downriver -- it would include a lot of other boats that way.

Just a thought

Terry

rockdamage
01-10-2006, 06:51 PM
I like it! We can use some priveate ground just below KOA.

whaymeir would work good.

Paint rock Or put a floating check point at the log below.

logyard too owls bend would be fun... I can get lots of work out off Boom'n !

Maybe a live band and BB_Q @ owls's.. permits are easy to come by now.
this would not be a drag race but just a reason to get us all together.

A run down river would be great too. I am speaking to some folks In the big house and We may get a day of anything goes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just think of all the people I can get in this little town if I can get one day of unlimited HP>>>>>>>>>>

mercrunner
01-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Hey that would be great if they would do it.

There are some really nice places up river, if we could still run up there.

The poker run would work well like that. We'd be able to run some old water and see some place we haven't been for a while.

I always loved fishing up that way -- powder mill and on up.

Didn't have to mess with the floaters much that way

Terry

ben673
01-10-2006, 07:06 PM
Are those V-style cages for a 3cyl. Merc.

rockdamage
01-10-2006, 07:22 PM
THATS a set of omc reeds

rockdamage
01-11-2006, 10:28 AM
I spoke to Rad talbert this morn..........he is now in JEFFCITY....
He said if we do another race this year, He's comming to watch!
So much for the Nay-say'rs

All we need to do the poker run is apply for the permits. He said that shouldn't be a problem either!!!! No insurance needed. But we all must have legal boats !!! And as far as a drag race, when ever where ever as long as it's done by the book !

GAME ON !

ben673
01-11-2006, 07:13 PM
I like racing at Van Buran, especially when I get the inside lane at Water Crest. It all sounds good R/D.

rockdamage
01-11-2006, 10:31 PM
l love the park service !!!!!!!!!! this won't be easy.
We will find out how much pull I have ???????

riverways , here we come !!!!!

mercrunner
01-13-2006, 11:42 PM
Hey Rockdamage

Are ya saying rad can give permission to run in the 40 horse section with v6's for the poker run.

Hope so

that would be fun to do

keep us posted

Terry

rockdamage
01-14-2006, 01:04 PM
I wish that were the case !

But , I have to go through the right people ( park srevice ) to get that done. Trust me, this will not be easy....... But for all the extra $$ it would bring to local store owners. This should be taken into concideration.. I have a few tricks in my hat. I have been told by several paople that It can't be done...ha!

I love it, thats what they said about the races last year.. Remember, although it doesn't always seem that way, we as a member of the good ole' US, own the park service. All the people in the park service were hired just like You and me. They do not own it.

Influence is the name of the game .........

river_ratj40
01-14-2006, 02:59 PM
poker run would be great. if any extra help is need just post it!!! ill be there as fast as i can. would like to see some races also. maybe we could include some more boats than was there last year. who cares how slow, its all fun...

WBS
01-15-2006, 02:47 PM
poker-run sounds great try and get a date . RD get a hold of me and we will try and figuar something out!!!

pumpshock
01-25-2006, 11:23 AM
How bout we run a stretch of water that has no hp limit, no limit no problem...by the way,this is my boat, its for sale!!!

Simon
01-25-2006, 11:35 AM
Someone needs one of these on top of a jet. 335hp, 350 ft pounds of torque.

http://www.simonmotorsports.com/images/motor33.jpg

rockdamage
01-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Hey Simmon how much and what do I need to come up with to start ???

Would you be willing to do some port work for a fella??????

ben673
01-27-2006, 09:39 AM
I want to go 70MPH on Current River, will that Motor(with a jet) do it on the right set-up? Or maybe I should get a Gator with a Big Block, Buck says they'll do 80MPH.;)

rockdamage
01-27-2006, 12:12 PM
hey ben .... Cowtowns boat is only in the low 60's
I think it would be tough to gain 7mph with ANY MOTA.

but if your looking for the right engine this would be it.