PDA

View Full Version : forum problem

daytrader
12-29-2005, 10:25 AM
The only current forum I can access is the general boating forum, all the other forums I access are dated 12/17 and before. Any ideas? thankx, Gary

sho305
12-29-2005, 11:04 AM
Mine seems to be working, getting 'today' posts. Did you try refresh on the browser? Mine has gotten stuck before and give me an old page, not sure why as it is set to look for new pages. Otherwise it might have been fixed before I got on here.

daytrader
12-29-2005, 03:32 PM
tried that, didnt work, this has been going on for a couple days.

Scream And Fly
12-29-2005, 03:38 PM
Are you using AOL or any Internet accelerators? If so, that's your problem.

Trikki1010
12-29-2005, 04:02 PM
tried that, didnt work, this has been going on for a couple days.

Have you been watching The Twilight Zone

or

Groundhog Day

Lately :confused: ;)

sho305
12-29-2005, 04:23 PM
It would really seem like something was cueing old pages to get that. Did you stay up too late trading year end stuff to avoid taxes or something?:D :D :D

daytrader
12-30-2005, 12:01 AM
Hey Trikki, dont laugh at me, Im not that great with computers, anyway if I start a new thread in a forum, then I get the current posts, maybe I should watch the Twilight Zone, SHO, u behave!

sho305
12-30-2005, 10:26 AM
Groundhog Day, that movie was one of the best. Hey I guess no big rally this year end so I'm guessing market will not go in dumpster big either.

daytrader
12-30-2005, 11:07 AM
Sho, I thought u were the computer expert,oh well, Ill short 10k shares of sons, just kidding, have a HAPPY NEW YEAR

sho305
12-30-2005, 08:10 PM
C'mon, $3 range is the time to buy SONS! We don't matter with that stock, it will go up when the hedge fund buys it up and not before. I'm not bad with PCs, but yours is too far away for me to see it:) I'm guessing the site here does not even offer dated pages, so what you see is not from S&F. It was saved back then, at the date you see. You are most likely one to have saved it, though google catches stuff too for example. You are not getting the page from here direct. That 'speedy-up' dial-up software does that as well as the browser, unless you have a server doing it for you. Odds are if you looked up your history you visited those pages on those dates, and that is last time it was catched. You can try emptying all the saved stuff in explorer, that might help. Exploder, I mean explorer likes to do wierd stuff to you once in a while so you remember IT is really in control and microsoft does own you...and loves to PO you on occation like crappy software always does.;) My explorer usually locks up and crashes when I get 40 windows open...or sometimes just one.

The Big Al
12-30-2005, 08:35 PM
Are you using AOL or any Internet accelerators? If so, that's your problem.

This has been my problem!

AOL!! And I love AOL, but lately it has been a pain in the butt!

transomstand
12-31-2005, 07:11 AM
What internet service? Are you using internet explorer? Any recent hardware/software changes?

Pete

sho305
01-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Dang, is that my SONS up .36 today so far? Only 2.00 more to go before I'm in the money....(LOL:D :D :D ) Told you its a good buy at $3~.;) Things might be starting to work, but then again who knows. Oops, make that up .37 now. Guy on CNBC today saying google hits 600 this year, still that is only 30%...not much compared to what it has done.

daytrader
01-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Ok, got sons on my watchlist, you piqued my interest, see what happens

sho305
01-04-2006, 12:11 PM
If it goes by its normal plan, it will top $5 easy but 6 is another story...though I want 6 before I go, 7 really. It is due. Hard to say as the funds play it hard and run it up/down at their whims. The funds only play it good when the market is up, like right now but depends on how good a run we get. It is a voip play and voip is getting a little press these days, that should get it going...if voip would ever show up I'd be in the money. I been waiting over 3 years and getting tired, but I know the second I bail it will go to $15 or the like.

These stocks are something, my four high-risk stocks here are up 2.5% so far today all together. Not up that much for the year (but one of the stocks I bought for 3+ is now at .005, oops, so the rest gained it back...just lucky I didn't buy that much of it). I been saying if energy and realestate EVER levels off I'll be good to go, now they are some and time to see if I was full of it or not. This was good hot area before all that started, I was not smart enough to follow along I guess. That and the fact that I ignore my PC during the summers.:rolleyes:

My ont is starting to move as well, I better do some research! Been a while since they did anything and I got more of that than anything else. Up 7.5% today and 52 wk high.

sho305
01-05-2006, 12:07 PM
I'd look at VZ for a long play but I have no cash until I sell something. I really should get a dividend stock again. Look at that natural gas! I bet there are some real scared people running from that. Sure is funny, in the last month I been getting these junkmail things from a place called MX Energy or such asking me to lock in my natural gas at a low rate for a couple years...I thought why lock in at all time highs?:confused:

sho305
01-09-2006, 09:57 AM
:D SONS $5.09 this morning. See, I'm not a total idiot:eek: :)