PDA

View Full Version : Where to purchase a Nikon Digital SLR??

jimmy johnston
12-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Hey guys,

It looks like a Nikon D70s is in my future. I want to get the body and a Nikor 24-120 lens. With all of the internet fraud and other ways to get "shafted" does anyone know a reputable source for Nikon stuff that is an actual dealer. I don't want any of this grey market and/or non- USA warranty stuff.

All help appreciated !!!

Thanks,

Jimmy

tdogcarter
12-28-2005, 04:34 PM
I just got a Canon Digital Rebel XT or 350d whatever model you want to call it.
Got it from Beach Camera. You can find beach camera online. I called them and everything worked out just fine everything is USA stuff not the international.
All the stuff is Canon USA warranty
Right now if you get a lens and printer you can get a minimum of $285 rebate, and $315 if you get a little better printer.

I went with the Tamron 28 - 300 Di lens and it works great.
Perfect all around lens for any camera and pretty good priced at $350

If they are advertising a rebate with any of them, then they have to be a USA Warranty or Camera to get the rebate.

Mack 5 year warranty was $79 too so I got that also.

Good place and they will deal on more than just the body. Their body prices are pretty low.

Trey

jerry
12-28-2005, 05:26 PM
jerry uses buydig.com ( might also be beach ) and cameta.com both very good .... cameta is near jerry and he goes there to buy , but has to pay tax but if there is a problem with the camera jerry can drive there . jerry just bought his wife a canon 450 and it was a little cheaper from buydig but when jerry added in the extras cameta was a little cheaper before tax . cameta does alot on ebay all new stuff at great prices .

150aintenuff
12-30-2005, 04:52 AM
shop the major camera shops in your area then do your homework online and use that knowlege to bargin with them.. My wife got her XT rebel as a gift and the idiot who baught it for her ( my previous business partner) didnt look around and paid nearly 1K for it, 2 days later it was on sale for about half that.. and could be bargined down even more.....