PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Questions

tavis12
12-14-2005, 02:19 AM
What should I expect to pay (ballpark) for trailer paint job? It's a tandum bunk trailer, and it's about 23'-25' long. Some surface rust, one color (white), and a few pinstrips. I've heard different paints, Imron vs. Nason for example, makes a difference, but I'm looking for a ballpark figure.

Also, how much will stainless fenders cost, and where should I look for them (same trailer)?

Hottrucks
12-14-2005, 08:32 AM
Sounds like by the time you fix you old one you'll be more than half way to a new one?? ANYTHING that has SS is BIG$$$$$$, as far as paint ..........fill in you location under user CP so we know where your from.....it maybe a waste if your using it in salt water.. Sell it and buy a Galvinized one

tavis12
12-14-2005, 10:09 AM
Sounds like by the time you fix you old one you'll be more than half way to a new one?? ANYTHING that has SS is BIG$$$$$$, as far as paint ..........fill in you location under user CP so we know where your from.....it maybe a waste if your using it in salt water.. Sell it and buy a Galvinized one

Yeah I was thinking the same thing: just buy a new one. I'm from MN, I'm in Iraq, and when I'm finished here I'm moving to Orando. I'm going to try to stay away from saltwater, stay on the St. Johns River, but maybe galvinized is the way to go; just in case.

Hottrucks
12-14-2005, 10:22 AM
I'm getting ready to make the move myself to Fla!! It was -15* this morning and I cann't wait!!

If your going to move sell the one you have and go Galv or Aluminum it's the on thing that will last in the salt and even the brack water..

Hey and Thanx for being there!!