PDA

View Full Version : Setup Help for 19' Baker ModVP

RMan
12-07-2005, 11:19 AM
I'm getting a 19' Baker Mod VP Tunnel without a motor or jackplate and plan on putting a 1986 200 HP Merc on it. But the previous owner doesn't know what the setback was on the jackplate that was stolen along with his motor. So where do I start?

So any ideas what kind of setback, prop height, and prop I may want to start with?

As of now I'm not planning on adding a low water pickup to it. I may in the future but for now I just want decent speed and decent handling rather than absolute top speed.

My 21' Eliminator Mod VP I think had about 14" of setback on it and rode perfect.

Thanks,

specboatops
12-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Check With Thaw Ripper, He's Got A Good Runnin Baker And Post's Here On The Board From Time To Time. He's A Hunter So It May Be Hard To Get Ahold Of Him This Time Of Year

Chris

thaw ripper
02-05-2006, 03:54 AM
With NO set back!? The only set back I got is in my transom!!

RMan
02-05-2006, 07:59 AM
Thanks. There was 5" already built in and I went with a 5.5" wide CMC jackplate and a 1/2 plate so we're right at 11" or so. I've only had it out for a couple of short runs but it appears to handle great there. We were doing 55 on the GPS with 3 people and 30 gallons of gas running a 22 pitch 4 blade prop at 5,000 rpm. With just myself I was running about 5,300 rpm but I can probably trim it up some more.

The prop is an older off brand one with a smaller hub so I think with a throphy or something we would probably get better performance.