PDA

View Full Version : Video/music editing software, download???

Alan Power
12-06-2005, 02:39 PM
What do all you movie making guys use to string together your movies with music?
I just got a new little digi camera and it came with a video editing package that I've been playing around with. I placed some boat clips together with some music but the noise of the motors is drowning out the backing track. I can't turn down the volume of the video clips but I can turn the vol. up on the track but this is not enough.
Does anyone know where I could download or know of any half decent software to do this with.
Oh yeah, freeware would be nice too :p :D

Thanks, Alan

IGOTADAMBOAT
12-06-2005, 07:27 PM
Final cut pro HD

Scream And Fly
12-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Alan, I use Adobe Premiere Pro, but I know there are several good, low-cost basic video editing packages. If you have Windows XP, it includes Windows Movie Maker 2, which is surprisingly good for a free program. It's quick, easy, and rock-solid.

Greg

150aintenuff
12-08-2005, 02:08 AM
Im with greg.. but those that remember the thred remember why I agree.... best program ever set up IMO... ESPECIALLLY on a MAC....

adobe isnt cheap unless ya know the right people... with the right software set... that are willing to share... in that order....

hsbob
12-08-2005, 10:12 AM
take as look at pinnacle veersion 9..... was 100 but prive hasw really dropped.

Spd-Kilz
12-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Sony Vegas 6 is pretty good too:) I believe it's in the middle of Pinnacle and Premiere Pro as far as price goes.

It's more or less simple enough for what you want to do...with a lot more control than Movie Maker 2..which I have to admit is what I have been using for the past couple years and like Greg said..it's rock solid:)

-Chris

STV Dreamer
01-11-2006, 12:09 PM
I have the Microsoft movie maker and it looks cool. PROBLEM is I have a Canon, Sony and Panasonic DV camera's and can't figure out how to load them inorder to even edit them. I have the S video and DV cables necessary but it always says device not detected.....ANY idea's! I'm not the brightest and getting frustrated.

Thanks in advance.

Spd-Kilz
01-11-2006, 03:10 PM
You need a firewire port on your computer as well as a firewire cable, often refered to as IEEE 1394:)

Fish
01-11-2006, 06:17 PM
I use windows movie maker. I suck at movie editing, but it is pretty simple and user intuitive even for me.

sho305
03-08-2006, 11:39 PM
I have the Microsoft movie maker and it looks cool. PROBLEM is I have a Canon, Sony and Panasonic DV camera's and can't figure out how to load them inorder to even edit them. I have the S video and DV cables necessary but it always says device not detected.....ANY idea's! I'm not the brightest and getting frustrated.

Thanks in advance.

When I got my video cam hooked up to my PC it took many hours. Problem was the 'capture' device or driver. You have to have that installed and then it will recognize it in your software. I think each has their own but not sure. It was a 98 machine also...that one has the audigy in it with the firewire port. It is still buggy and gives me the blue screen of death often.

Everyone says why don't the USB work...it can't handle the data rate for full video. But the firewire cards are reasonable now.

Scream And Fly
03-12-2006, 03:54 AM
Everyone says why don't the USB work...it can't handle the data rate for full video. But the firewire cards are reasonable now.

Actually, USB 2.0 can. :)

Greg

sho305
03-12-2006, 11:34 AM
I see that, looks like USB 2.0 is even a little faster. They are still not liking it for video that I could find, only excuse I see it that it may not be as reliable a data rate even though video is well below max rate. This place does not like it: http://www.computervideogear.com/digital_video_capture_card/firewire-vs-usb.htm yet they are trying to sell firewire800. However another place said to get a converter for your usb2.0 to firewire to get your video into your usb.

I'm getting a usb2.0/firewire card for this PC once I get my camcorder fixed, could use more USB plugs anyway. It might do video better than win98.