PDA

View Full Version : GMC Denali Quad Cab or Chevy SS

JJB
12-02-2005, 08:25 AM
Anyone have either one of these two trucks or any first hand driving info? The new Chevy SS and GMC Denali with AWD looks like nice rides.

JJB

1BadAction
12-02-2005, 08:48 AM
basically the same truck, one with an ugly front end (gmc) :D :p

neither one is all that fast, but the 6.0L is tough as hell and the drivetrain is stout. is there any particular reason you want AWD? I can see it up north, but the trade off in MPG is pretty bad compared to a 2wd or 4wd.

Hot Shot Merc
12-02-2005, 09:05 AM
Of the two choices I would say go for the Dodge SRT-10 Quad Cab :D Hell they are selling for around $46,000 now.Wish I had waited a few months to get mine :rolleyes: ......You know I dont meen to rain on your parade but its been my experience that most GM trucks have a problem with all the little stuff like the side mirrors falling off or the A/C vents breaking or the windows wont go up etc..Its all that little stuff that constantly falls apart that turns me away from them.Hope ya get the best truck what ever ya decide. :)

1BadAction
12-02-2005, 09:08 AM
new record, less than an hour for the gm bashers to show up.

PS- get the Hog Cab srt-10 if you want 12mpg on the highway and a junk dodge transmission.

jphii
12-02-2005, 09:11 AM

Wait till the knob wakes up.

Hot Shot Merc
12-02-2005, 09:35 AM

PS- get the Hog Cab srt-10 if you want 12mpg on the highway and a junk dodge transmission.Hey there little jimmy.Bashing is hardly what I would describe my post as.It was ment in fun.Slice it however you like.Oh and the tranny in the beast is not what you think.Its the 3500 tranny wich is totaly dfferent then in years past.Nolonger the weak link for Dodge.Wanna race me Jim?I didnt think so. :eek:...Also I would love to see a SRT 10 Quad Cab that gets that good of milage on the high way.Mines around 10.5 to 11.Towing the Baja its around 8.5-9 :p............P.S Jim,when are ya going to show up at the track with yo GOTE.Next test and tune is thursday the 15th.My girlfreind wants some too.She just bought an SVT Lightning. ;)

1BadAction
12-02-2005, 10:03 AM
.Wanna race me Jim?I didnt think so.

pretty fkkin arrogant statement from a guy with a high 13 second truck. I'll tell ya what, just so you dont go crying, I'll run you with my $11,000 POS chevy truck, with the falling off A/C vents and all. :rolleyes:

Hot Shot Merc
12-02-2005, 10:10 AM
pretty fkkin arrogant statement from a guy with a high 13 second truck. I'll tell ya what, just so you dont go crying, I'll run you with my $11,000 POS chevy truck, with the falling off A/C vents and all. :rolleyes:Damn Jim.I am only messing with ya.Relax tough guy :p I would love to play with ya in that chevy.Its all for the hell of it anyway.All I have to do is upgrade the flash in the computer and it will be a very impressive 12's truck.That GTO aint got that does it?Play nice now Jim or You will have to sit in time out.

1BadAction
12-02-2005, 10:16 AM
it really pisses me off when someone asks about a GMC and a chevy, then you come on here and bash the trucks and tell him to get something $15,000 more that gets half the MPG. If he wanted to know about SRTs he would have asked about them.

doing that is as bad as these guys..

question- "I'm looking at a merc 225proXs and a merc 250XS, which one should I get"

answer- "get an etec optis are pieces of crap"

:rolleyes:

Hot Shot Merc
12-02-2005, 10:29 AM
it really pisses me off when someone asks about a GMC and a chevy, then you come on here and bash the trucks and tell him to get something $15,000 more that gets half the MPG. If he wanted to know about SRTs he would have asked about them.

doing that is as bad as these guys..

question- "I'm looking at a merc 225proXs and a merc 250XS, which one should I get"

answer- "get an etec optis are pieces of crap"

:rolleyes:Ok Jim I am freinds with JJB and I am sure he will see my post for what it was and thats just a little kidding and ribbing thats all.Then you have to start spouting your USUAL CRAP! I tell you I am only kidding and you keep running your Sausage Washer anyway. :rolleyes:

1BadAction
12-02-2005, 10:41 AM
woa woa woa, dont get your panties twisted. I was just telling you why it pissed me off. how would you like it if I bashed your truck? obviously you didnt, so just chill out. :)

I'm sure the next time I see you we'll have a N/A drink and BS like we always do.