PDA

View Full Version : Need help on Quartershot T-3 set up.

WATERWINGS
11-21-2005, 03:02 PM
I got the Quartershot this weekend, and I like the boat, but the motor is A DOG !

It will only turn 5500 with a 26 Trophy.

I will have to sort that out seperatly, but I need some set up help.

It has a 6" manual plate now, (actually a 5"), and a 200 Merc. (feels like a 135) (or worse)

What setback do yall run on the T-3, and what propshaft level?

Here is a shot of the boat.

FrenchPhil
11-21-2005, 03:22 PM
What's your speed ?

WATERWINGS
11-21-2005, 03:28 PM
To embarresed to say, but I will get it "up to speed" if I have to put MY motor on there.

What should a T-3 run with a stock 200 ?

us1ss
11-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Call Jack: he is at the shop. 904-448-4029

WATERWINGS
11-22-2005, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the number, I will call when I have time.

(at the same time....TTT)

ken medendorp
11-22-2005, 10:31 AM
Nice Boat

WATERWINGS
11-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Thanks ya'll !

Still need some help. :cool:

drunabout
11-22-2005, 03:04 PM
the answer to HELP!!!

Call Jack!!!

Alan Power
11-27-2005, 07:59 AM
Another boat John :confused: :D

Whats up? How you getting on with the vector or is it truly mothballed, now you've got into the training wheels :D

WATERWINGS
11-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Kinda mothballed,

But I do need to get it finished so I can at least have a garage to work in, and a place to store the training wheels.

Haven't decided yet wheather or not I will sell the 'Stream, I already miss that feeling of balanceing on the pad.

WATERWINGS
12-06-2005, 03:04 PM
tttttttttttttt

jphii
12-06-2005, 03:17 PM
How fast have you had it now?

jphii
12-06-2005, 03:24 PM
Got it. You need to try one of my props. I'm still swappin stuff out so I'm probably down this weekend too. I'm going to take a lower over your way to Donny tomorrow. Want me to bring you one?

action280
12-06-2005, 06:50 PM
I got two of the newer t3's both with 280's.In one i'm using 10 inches of setback and on the other 6..the one with 10 is 16 mph faster then the other one and hits the limiter with A 30 cleaver but the one with only 6 is a little faster off the hole..just a little. Got a buddy that have one just like yours and changing from 6 to 8 helped a lot. He got 2.4 OFFSHORE and is running 93, his boat is heavy.

action280
12-06-2005, 06:57 PM
3/4 above the pad :)

action280
12-06-2005, 07:00 PM
my yellow/orange/red boat used to have a 2.4 200 and jack told me it ran 91 mph. Try a srx prop as they worked well in your particular hull...a 27 will be great.

action280
12-06-2005, 07:03 PM
bENNY IS ONE OF THE WORKERS AT FULL THROTTLE POWERBOATS AND HE GOTS ONE WITH A STOCK 200 OMC AND RAN A SRX 27 AT 94..YOU CAN CALL HIM TOO AT FTP

Fish
12-06-2005, 07:44 PM
I was talking to Jeff (skittles) this past weekend on the lake and I beleive he said he liked the hoss triton on his t-3. Might send him a pm, he has that boat REALLY well dialed in.

BTW, congratulations, that is a sweet looking ride!

Skittles
12-06-2005, 08:39 PM
I tried to call you a few times when you sent me PM........needless to say that never worked....:o

As far as the boat is concerned............I dont know exactly what bottom you have, it may be similar to mine but I am sure it is not exactly the same. What I can tell you about mine is.........great great boat. It has been nothing short of a pleasure dealing with Jack @full throttle......and the boat is top notch. I cannot believe how solid my boat is to be as light as it is 1400 lbs LOADED boat/motor/driver/full of gas/cooler?kitchen sink etc etc........I can get the boat in the 1250-1300 lbs race weight easy I'm sure. It was 1140 everything but me. That being said, a 275 lb guy(rmh77) can walk anywhere on my boat no problem. So weigh your boat before you assume it is heavy.......and if it is built like mine it will surprize you.

Performance wise.......my boat with a box stock 175 Merc ran a best of 99.2.......and consistant 95-96 all day everyday. It ran far better than I ever thought it could with a 175.

Setup........I run 9 1/2" jackplate, and as fish said hoss tritons have worked very well for me. Cleavers run good........yamaha drag's handle excellent but all the ones I have tried so far have fallen real short in the speed department. Drag racing wise..........I have a 26 spinelli that was cut up by someone somewhere........almost resembles an ET......and it has been hard to beat. The yamaha's launch real good, but they let the nose drop after it's on a plane as where the spinelli will hold the nose up until the air takes over.Engine height, I still havent found that sweet spot yet......I've been all over from 1/2" up to 1 3/4" and most places in between........but I still feel that I am off the mark so the work continues.

The trick to setting up a qshot has been that almost all the bottoms are different in some way, so there are not alot of other owners who can shed some light on it........because chances are the bottom of thier boat is not the same as yours. In the end it is like anything else..........seat time and set up.

Sorry for the novel:)
Jeff

WATERWINGS
12-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Very cool, I am starting to get lots of info now, thanks ya'll.

The bottom I have is stepped, and I have the diminsions of the tunnel and the pad, taken at the transom, (if that would help any)

WOW, 99.2 with a STOCK 175 ???

I believe you........but damn..........I would still have to see that.

Maybe it just shows me how FAR OFF I am now with the set up.

The prop that came with the boat is a dull looking three blade 28, that looks like a cross between a cleaver, and a chopper, I don't really like it as much as the 26 Trophy, (on all my boats I tend to set them up to run well in the midrange, at the expence of top end)

I have an 8" jackplate, or two 6's that I could put together for 12".

Right now it has a 6".

I tend to like the 4 blade much better as far as bottom end and mid, but would love to find one that would be great all around.

Thanks ya'll,

and keep um coming,

John

Skittles
12-07-2005, 12:09 PM
The best all around prop I have run yet has been a 28 hoss triton. It has great midrange and it will still run into the teens on top. You may consider a 4-blade yamaha drag style......performance propeller makes one and it runs pretty good. Once again the top end wasnt all that great but it wasn't that bad either.

As to the 99 mph 175........yes i know, I wouldnt believe it if I hadnt seen either, but it did in front of many people down here.

I would take a guess that a good starting point for ya would be with the 8" jackplate. 12" sounds like to much but you never know..............How does the boat run with the 6" as far as trim? Do you have to use alot to get the nose to fly? Does it hop?

Do you have any pics of the bottom(center pad)? I have stepped outside sponsons, and my center is square, very wide and very deep tunnels.........lots of lift. Perhaps the reason it ran so well with low horsepower.

WATERWINGS
12-07-2005, 12:38 PM
It seems to have plenty of bow lift with the 6", (its kinda hard yet to know where "level" is with the Alien cowl, I'm not used to it, so it will take some more seat time to get that straightened out)

I have a stepped pad as well as a stepped sponson.

I will try to get some shots that show it better.

Hot Shot Merc
12-07-2005, 01:09 PM
That 175 was very fast with Skittles boat.We were at the chain of lakes near where his dad lives and I had my 280 on my (@#$%$#@) and he would walk away every time from a 30 mph roll.He would hit 99 and let out of it before I could get to him.I could run 110 but he would get there so quik I couldnt catch him.Thats why I ordered my Q-shot.If ya cant beatem joinem :D

WATERWINGS
12-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Was that motor REALLY bone stock?

I call my 200 almost stock, but in reality I have hogged the exhaust chest out, (but that is all I did)

Even though the Quartershot is a heavier boat than the Warrior, once it is up and running, it FEELS just about as light as the Warrior.

Skittles, are you running a 260 now?

What speeds are you getting with it?

Skittles
12-07-2005, 05:04 PM
The only thing that was done to the 175 at first was plastic reeds.......the motor had the stock 115 lbs of compression stock ignition, stock flywheel, stock ecu, stock everything. I never changed the compression but I later put a lightweight flywheel on (did NOT pick up any speed) because i could not keep the rpm's down. Otherwise it was 100% bone stock, no grinding, lightening, polishing of anykind.

There were (and still are I'm sure) many people who did not believe that the motor was even a 175 let alone a stock one..........but it was, built by Mercury and bought by me as a reman longblock, I got all if the igntiton/fuel system from a blown up 175 that was on a Ranger flats boat.

Yes I run a 260 now..........I really cant say what the boat would do if I put a big wheel on and stretched it out. The few times that I have had a bigger wheel on it, and a gps I have seen 112.........but I hardly ever try. Considering that the last time I took a gps w/ me I had my 26" on and was carrying 2 people and we pulled 107.........I am quite sure the boat has plenty more to offer.......just havent felt the urge to try........... the acceleration has become the fun part for me.

Skittles
12-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Thats why I ordered my Q-shot.If ya cant beatem joinem :D

happy to hear it........You're gonna be in shock with a light boat under you:)

WATERWINGS
12-08-2005, 09:50 AM
I am stepping out of a 430 lbs. tunnel into the 'Shot, so I feel like I am draggin an anchor behind me, I need lots of setup and tuneing.

I loved the lightweight tunnel, but I wanted something with a backseat, and something that you could walk on without breaking thru the deck. :eek:

I do have to say though, that once the 'Shot gets up and running, it FEELS light, even though it is probably close to twice the weight.

WATERWINGS
12-14-2005, 12:22 PM
Well, I finially got the motor sorted out, but setup seems to still be holding me back.

I kept all the setup the same as when I bought the boat, (just to see where the last owner thought it should be), and got more speed, and more RPM's, but the speed is still no where as high as it should be.

Setup as bought;

200 Merc about 1-1/2 below the pad, and before the motor problems were straightened out, 28 ET copy, (I think)....62 MPH at under 5500 :eek: :mad:

After getting the motor right, (with motor still down) 83 MPH with 26 Trophy and 28 Bravo 1, (I know, but I'm gonna try all the tall props I have on the wall) all at 6950-7000 RPM's

I picked the motor up to 1/2 below the pad, but have not had a calm day to try out the fast props.

I have:

28 pitch cleaver
28 pitch inline chopper
28 pitch Et copy, (or might be the real thing, but I doubt it) (came w/the boat)
28 pitch Bravo 1 (4 blade)
27 pitch Mach (4 blade)
27 pitch Hydromotive (4 blade)
26 pitch Trophy (4 blade)
24 pitch Hydromotive (4 blade)

Also the jackplate is only about 5-1/2"

I have an 8" plate that I will put on over the winter.(or the 5-1/2 and a 6" stacked??)

You can't really see which way the louvers are faceing, but you get the idea.

Here is the pic of the cut faced cowl...need to cover that hole, any ideas?

WATERWINGS
12-22-2005, 08:19 AM
Here is a shot of the running angle at about 50 MPH, with slight positive trim.
(looks a little bow high for only 5-1/2" jackplate)

This is with a 5-1/2" jackplate, I am thinking of going with the 8" plate I have because I have so much slip..........82 MPH @ 7000 RPM's with 26 Trophy.

83 MPH with a 28 Hydromotive @ 6900 RPM's.

Liqui-Fly
12-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Careful with the ram air into your bottom carbs.

For every inch of setback you have, your motor is going to run that much deeper depending on your angle of attack. An 1/8th of an inch higher for every inch of setback. So with 8" of setback you should actually be an inch higher. It makes a hugh difference especially with bigger wheels. Push the bow over too....you want to scoop air, not push it.

WATERWINGS
12-25-2005, 08:06 AM
I traded boats with Joe-d yesterday and got to watch the Shot running side by side, and even with limited tunnel time, Joe found that the Quartershot runs better with the bow up.

I know that the faster I go, the more I want the bow to be down, but it really doesn't act right, (bounceing etc) unless the bow is up, (even higher than the pic above)

I am wondering if the 8" jackplate will help that, (but it will probably put the bow higher, wont it?

I am really liking the 'Shot now, and it was great to be able to run beside it and look at my boat from another angle.

It was also great to fly a V-King again, thanks Joe

Oh, and Liqui, I put some duck tape over the cut out for the time being, thanks!

Looks like I'm gonna need a 30 pitch prop to get the RPM's down and the speed up.........83 @ 7000 is just not adding up the way I want.

Alan Power
12-25-2005, 11:08 AM
Cool, lets see some pics of the Vking :D

Skittles
12-25-2005, 12:04 PM
The nose will run high..............mine will until 104-105 and then it will come down on its own. Mine does the same hopping act if ya try and trim it down under 104. It takes some gettin used to but that is the way it is.:)

WATERWINGS
12-25-2005, 12:13 PM
So I am doing right by having the bow up high, (thats the way it feels the best), but I keep hearing that I need to keep it down, almost level.

I see the pics of the STV's running fast, and they are flat.

I guess if Skiddles says to run it high, then, thats the way I'm gonna run it, and if I ever get to 104, I will find out if it will drop down on its own, but I will sort that out then.

Alan, we didn't get any pics of the 'Stream yesterday, but I'm sure that Joe has some in his camera, I will get him to put a few up.

I've got some of the Vector running, (at work), I could put those up.

Skittles
12-25-2005, 12:26 PM
It sounds like mine..... I first got the boat everyone told me that the nose was to high but it just wont run flat at those speeds. When I put the 260 on it I was really careful the first time I ran it up to speed...........but to my surprize the nose dropped and you could feel it...........like clockwork it will happen once you hit the right speed. All of the hours I drove my boat at 95-100(a few hundred hours) w/ the little motor it ran nose high and it never once did anything stupid or got flighty.

That being said I would approach the situation w/ caution like any other high performance boat.......until you get a good feel for it. IMO though, yes it is normal for these boats to run nose high at those speeds......and they do bounce if you try and get it down.:)

WATERWINGS
12-25-2005, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the help Skiddles, (sorry, don't know your name), I still don't like the numbers that I get, (83 @ 7000, w/ 26 Trophy,1/2" below the pad), do you think the 8" jackplate will help my numbers some?

Still haven't had a good calm day, (with a safty boat), (or a tow me back home boat if I break down), to try out all of my 28 pitch props.

I spent years learning the "stream, now I have to start all over again and learn what makes "training wheels" run good.

But now I know Skiddles............all is well.

Skittles
12-25-2005, 01:06 PM
Name is Jeff......I was kinda given the name skittles by the guys down here.

I would agree though your #'s sound off. That being said I wonder about the trophy at such a high engine height. Have you tried dropping that particular prop down lower?? I'm just guessing because I have never run that kind of prop on my boat.

I think I would start with a more agressive prop first........hoss, cleaver, yamaha, chopper, ..........then bring it up to at least even w/ the pad and see what kind of numbers you get.

The 8" may help as well..........most T3's I know of run bigger setback......8-10" seems to be the norm. I cannot say for sure though because I have never personally tried a smaller plate on my boat. I would be interested in your results myself.:cool:

WATERWINGS
12-25-2005, 01:17 PM
Yea Jeff,

I tried the Trophy at about 2" below after I noticed that the bow would drop,(lost prop bite), when I would give it any gas, but it seems to have gotten better at 1/2 below the pad, (maybe it never really gets a total bite this way?)

I have a 28 cleaver, 28 inline chopper, and a 28 (think it is a Yamaha drag copy, not sure, I will post a pic of it later, maybe you can tell me, it came on the boat)

On my 'stream, the 28 inline chopper ran the exact speeds (in the mid),as the 26 Trophy, except for WOT, then it was faster.

I want something that I can cruise at 80 without screaming the motor, or cruise 60 or so at lower R's.

I will go with the 8" plate later too.

I already took one of the batteries out to save weight.

Skittles
12-25-2005, 01:41 PM
You may want to try a 4 blade performance(yamy drag style) I think it would make a good all around prop..........that carrys weight good, and wont lose to much top end.

Keep me posted on the 8" plate though..........I have been considering swapping but never really got the energy.:)

WATERWINGS
12-26-2005, 12:05 PM
Will do Jeff, thanks.

WATERWINGS
12-31-2005, 12:04 PM
Went out with the 28 chopper, and the motor even with the pad.

A little closer to what I wanted.............90.1 at 7200, still with the 5-1/2" jackplate.

Still a little to much slip, I think the 8" plate will do even better.

HOWEVER....the boat didn't handle very good, (it was fine on top end) but lots of bouncing, especially on the slow down.

It didn't hold the bow, so, I know I dont want to try the cleaver.

I also have a (think its a Yam. drag copy) that came on the boat, but I didn't like it much in the mids, and haven't tried it yet at WFO.

The chopper was slower than the 26 Trophy in the mids, (where I spend most of my time), and didn't handle as good as the Trophy, to bad they dont make a 30.

OK..........NOW..........I hear the 27 Trophy is better than the 28, is it faster than the 28? or what is the diff?

WATERWINGS
01-03-2006, 09:52 AM
Skiddles.....

What is your slip with the 9-1/2 jackplate?

Mine shows around 11%, it should be down in the single digits.

WATERWINGS
01-06-2006, 06:57 AM
I keep forgetting to get a pic of proof, so I can clear out the max speed, (like ya'll didn't believe me or something :eek: :D

WATERWINGS
01-07-2006, 11:34 AM
I feel like I am talking to myself now....................

I guess this thread has burned out................

I will keep the updates comming, but I still need some wisdom from the Speed Guru's of S&F.

I need to find a 30 pitch Trophy, (too bad they don't make one.)

I still think I would like a four blade better, (from what I have used in the past, on all three of the boats I have.)

I know that the 3 blades are faster, but so far, the handling leaves a little to be desired.

jphii
01-07-2006, 11:36 AM
You get it going any faster yet?

WATERWINGS
01-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Thats all so far.............90.1

Guess I need me that 8" jackplate, and a 30 pitch.....cleaver,chopper ET, Yamacopy.

Sunday looks good, you commin out?.......68 degrees monday. :eek:

jphii
01-07-2006, 12:53 PM
I'll be on my way back from Wisconsin. Leaving tomorrow, get there Monday, turn around and come right back. I'll call you from there Monday when it's a done deal. Then it'll be time to spank that Q-ship on the river. Tell Cottoneye I'm gunnin for him LOL!!

PaulR
01-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Cleavers give you tail lift not bow lift and that should help bring the bow down on the top end and maybe even give you a few mph as the whole boat should free up. Your bouncing problem is somewhat caused by only having 200hp. These types of boats have a midrange bounce in the 70-80mph range and your top end is 90, so when you slow down you fall right in this speed range. With a 260 you would over trim a bit and power though this range and be at 90+ in no time and never even notice a bounce. For some reason the Q-Shots like setback so 9" or 10" may help if your hull is the same as Skittles boat.

WATERWINGS
01-11-2006, 09:55 AM
I didn't notice any bounce on the way up, but on the way back down, is when the bad bounce started, kinda hard to give gass when I am slowing down.

Also since I put the propshaft even with the pad, the Trophy bounces worse on the way back down too.

It seemed to be less when I was 1/2 below the pad. (with the Trophy)

(much easier to ride long high wheelies too with the motor down)

I have an 8" jackplate that I will be putting on soon, we will see how that works out.

Black Magic
01-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Skittles and I traded boats..... and his computer is down.... which is why you haven't heard from him. To answer one of your questions the slip was in the 8% range. With the Slidemaster 8" setback his propshaft was set anywhere from 1 to 1 1/2" ( sometimes higher ) above the bottom..... with a 28" worked Hoss and a Sportmaster, it was his best all around performing prop until one Suwanee trip if memory serves me right... he found one of those torpedo logs....:eek:

He never ran the boat with anything but the longer setback plate..... and I will be rigging it with a 5 1/2" to start with a stock 2.4L 175. It's going to be harder to hit a 100 with the 2.4 but I think it's doable.... will keep you posted. I still have to spend a day pulling the 175 off the Gambler and re rigging to the Q-shot. I'm starting with a 28 Lab Cleaver as it was a good performing prop on my 94 T-3...... but these Q-Shots have so many variations that you really can't put a finger on which prop will be the ticket. I can tell you that from our experience with our Q-Shots..... if you are running below the pad you need to come up..... set back will probably help carry the bow.... and a good prop should get you up there with the desired slip ratio. My guess is 92 - 94 should be close to your max with a 2.4 / 200. Your question will be why 92-94 when you are looking for a 100...... the only thing I can tell you is that my old T-1 and this one are the only two with this bottom design..... there is a difference. For some reason these two run quite a bit different from the older and newer versions, maybe it's a weight situation... the differences in the bottom designs, or a combination of both. The newer T-3's have quite a few changes from our versions so set up comparisons are probably only good in general..... most likely the setups will be different IMO.

I'll let you know where I'm at...but it will probably be a couple of weekends before I'm running as I'm going to have to find a different lower from the stock one for the higher speeds.......

Best Regards..... Mike

WATERWINGS
01-13-2006, 09:53 AM
Thanks Mike,

sounds good, keep me posted.

Mine is a '98, so I dont know about the bottom differences, but mine has a stepped center pod, and steps on the sponsons too.

I have a 5-1/2" jackplate on there now, (came on the boat), and I am gonna put my SLIDEMASTER 8" on there next.

eyeloveboats
01-13-2006, 07:31 PM
what boat do you have now . if you have a Qshot the bow will ride up until about 100 and then it will settle down my t3 has a 10' bobs jackplate at 123mph on gps on pump gas .

WATERWINGS
01-16-2006, 09:51 AM
Don't have a good pic of the bottom, but I'll try to get one later.

Black Magic
01-23-2006, 09:28 AM
John.... I finally got the 2.4 / 175 rigged and the first day results are in. Stock 87 model 175 carb with no mods, stock gearcase running with propshaft 2 1/2" below :eek: the pad, turning a 14 1/2 X 28 Merc Cleaver @ 6600 @ 87 mph GPS...... 10" setback. The motor is an untouched original 87 with maybe 250 - 350 hrs.... only thing non stock is the alien cowl ( which is now floating in the bottom of Lake Harris ) :o I was somewhat surprised that I didn't have a blowout event, but was watching for it.....:confused:

I need ( aside from another cowling ) to put together a CLE or Sportmaster and jump to a 30 or 32 ( I have the 30 ) and run this engine up about 3 inches. That should get me into the 90's fairly easy. Hitting a hundred is going to take some work though as the 2.4 standard porting is pretty weak. I'll have to test a couple of jet sizes and definitely go to an electric fuel pump......and play with a few props.

On the lighter side I had fun yesterday..... put a Bullet with a 250 back on the trailer and I would have paid big bucks to have seen his face when he found out he just got put on the trailer by a flippin 2.4 / 175......:D :D :D I didn't bother to tell him.....:cool:

WATERWINGS
01-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Looks like the slip is much better on your 10" setback than what I am getting with the 5-1/2.

I will put the 8" Slidemaster on soon, but may need to get a 2" spacer if the slip is still not low enough for me.

Just got another Trophy, (27 now), and even though I know its not an all out speed prop, it handles MUCH better than the speed props do, and I rarely spend much time at WFO anyway.

To bad they don't make a 30 Trophy.

WATERWINGS
02-18-2006, 03:00 PM
Best speed so far with the 27 Trophy is 87.7 GPS.

Best speed when I first got the Trophy, and took it out for a top speed run, was 86.5...............what is it about having another boat beside you that squeezes that little bit extra out?

WATERWINGS
03-12-2006, 10:20 AM
Put the 8" jackplate on the Quartershot yesterday.

WOW

I haven't run it WFO yet, cause of wind, and not having a chase boat, (or maybey not enough beer yet), but at 6000 R's it PICKED UP 10 MPH !! (82 MPH @ 6000)

If that holds true at 7200 than I should be very close to, if not right at 100 MPH ! (don't have my prop chart with me)

WOW

MTN BOATER
03-12-2006, 11:09 PM
I have been following this thread with intrest as I am about to start setting up my rig with a 2.4 fishin mota. I don't know enough to offer any advice, but keep the reports coming please.

WATERWINGS
03-13-2006, 09:50 AM
Still haven't had a chance to run WFO, but I really do like the new setup.

WATERWINGS
03-14-2006, 09:43 AM
Ran kinda WFO yesterday, not fully stretched out, but the 27 Trophy ran 89.9

Thats the same speed I ran with the 28 chopper and the 5" plate, (90.1)

I am having really bad bouncing now that I put the 8" jackplate on.

I had it dialed in pretty good with the 5" plate at 1/4 below the pad.

I started with the 8" plate even with the pad, and it still didn't handle well, so I went up to 3/8 above the pad, and now it takes up to 80 MPH just to settle the bounce down.:mad: :mad:

It seems like I need more up trim, (to hold the bow up), but when I trim up I am loosing prop bite off and on with the bounce.:mad:

I wonder if I need even more setback, or to go way above the pad with the propshaft???:confused:

There seems to be nothing I can do with the setup like it is now, HELP!:(

WATERWINGS
04-18-2006, 01:50 PM
Added 2" spacer to the 8" jackplate, and with the p/s 1/2 above the pad, I

am getting 94.6 GPS, @ 7200 RPM's...with the 27 Trophy Plus

Handling got alot better, still has some bounce, but not to bad, its a good staring place.

At some point, I will want to strap on a tall prop, and see how close to 100

MPH I can get, but most of my every day speeds are between 45 MPH and

80 MPH, so the set up above will be my main , everyday set up.

Massbasser
04-18-2006, 02:24 PM
Does that make you wonder what 2 more inches would do? It does me...:D

WATERWINGS
04-19-2006, 08:42 AM
You mean 12" of setback?