PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning mildew off vinyl

triple dude
11-10-2005, 03:42 PM
Most of my boat interior is maroon clothe but it also has some pearl white vinyl trim on the tops of the seats. Took my vinyl cover off the boat over the weekend and discovered it had developed mildew on the underside. It was transferred to the white vinyl on the seat tops. I had some "Soft Scrub" with bleach laying around and tried using that with a soft brush. It got some off but there's still some nasty grayish looking embedded spots. I thought of just dabbing some straight bleach on it to kill the stuff but was afraid I'd also bleach out the pearl. I did try some Bleeche White tire cleaner but it didn't do much. Any suggestions?? Pyro, how about your Mr. Clean Magic eraser stuff???

mike bryan
11-10-2005, 03:52 PM
tilex works pretty good. need to check a spot for color fastness.

chris_lacey
12-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Works excellant on vinyl.

jphii
12-12-2005, 01:18 PM
TRY THIS STUFF!! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4592969350&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT)

PROGRESSIVEAUTO
12-22-2005, 01:17 PM
This sounds crazy, but in the BAJAs I have owned in the past, I used a mixture of SOFT-SCRUB, and a small amount of laquer thinner added to the bottle of scrub. This'd clean it right off. Start with a small amount of thinner, experiment from there adding a little at a time. It sounds harsh but works quite well. White interior drives me crazy keeping it clean.

voo-doo_child
12-22-2005, 01:36 PM
Spray Nine ! ! !

hdtwncam88
04-02-2006, 09:33 AM
Mr Clean Eraser...

pyro
04-02-2006, 09:57 AM
Another vote for Mr Clean Magic Eraser. Using only water, with SHORT rubbing strokes, not long back and forth motion. It digs the dirt out of the fine textures as the eraser changes direction over the surface. Use lots of water... It seriously works. Gets greasy stains off the seats too.

White Ally02
05-18-2006, 08:10 AM
tilex works pretty good. need to check a spot for color fastness.

This stuff works real good for me, spray it on an wait a couple of mins then wash it off, does a great job and is Easy, I do soak my carpet with water incase of over spray.