PDA

View Full Version : Making videos

J Lamb
11-07-2005, 04:16 PM
I see a lot of videos linked here and have a few questions. What do I need to put my videos on the computer. I have the Windows movie maker that came with my Dell. The problem is I don't know how to get it there. Camera is a Canon ES50 (Hi8 I think). I have seen capture devices and other hardware but not sure what I need. I have a lot of movies of my kids and vacations that I would like to put on cd so I can share. Want to take some of boats also. My digital camera will take moving JPG but it has no sound and looks kinda 1960's :D . Thanks

sho305
03-08-2006, 03:22 PM
Did you figure this out? Most newer cams use iLink cable (firewire) to transfer video. You play the video and 'capture' it on your PC. Takes software and fairly good PC (and room on the drive) to keep up with the high data rates. May need a different type of capture card if you don't have the firewire on the cam. Then you can edit them on the PC, and burn to CD/DVD.

Or you can get a DVD burner for your TV, just plug in the cam and hit the copy button...burns it right on DVD no problem but you can't edit much. If you want to copy lots of videos this might be easier, that is what I have been doing. I only have used the PC to make the smaller MPEGs for the internet so far.