PDA

View Full Version : 1986 seaswirl 17" spider set up

21 checked
10-27-2005, 12:09 AM
My friend has a spider and is asking me to help him rig it.I was wondering if anybody has riged on with a early 80's evinrude 150 v6.He currently has a 19 pitch stainless 3 blade that came with the motor.So I hope some one can give me setback and pitch and type of prop to run.

hsbob
10-27-2005, 08:21 AM
had a 21" omc SS prop on mine. best speed option is to change out the carb for the 175s. their the only difference between the two motors. ran mine one hole up. no set back info.

150aintenuff
11-09-2005, 04:27 AM
6-8" setback.. prop 5" below(cav plate 2.5" above botom of boat) to start go untill max all around performance is met.. might be as high as 4" below or not dunno for sure. 20 P or 22P raker for top speeds.. or shooter for allaround Usage. Merc high 5 if used as a ski boat but jack must be lowered to keep high 5 hooked up.. plate down all the way and mounted on 3rd hole will generally get u close but measure to be sure.. should see around 54MPH and still have enough hole shot to go skiing..

If used as a ski boat shorter setback is better.. if going for speed use the 8" plate.. I would go 5.5" CMC hydrolic if it were me.. gives a little setback for more leverage but not so much that the stern digs in on take off reducing holeshot.. especially helpfull when tryin to pull up a heavy skier..