PDA

View Full Version : Prop on a 92 Champion Mirage 21 Sportboat

k_nesse
10-17-2005, 01:07 AM
Hey guys; I just got this boat, what kinda prop should I be running on my Champion with a Merc 200 EFI. This boat is kinda rare but I think its about the same as the Champion 201 bass boats of this year. Its a V-pad bottom but there is a gap between the pad and the motor. Kinda a pocket behind the pad to the transom. I'll try to get a pic up if it matters. I have a 26pitch over-hub that looks like its had some work done to it on there right now but I'm getting reallly bad slip, like 20-25% or so. Should I go with a 4 blade? Should I get a thru-hub? Any input is appreciated. On a sidenote, should I ditch the jackplate? I feel like its just extra weight on the back that I could ditch if I had the right engine height. Any height suggestions would be much appreciated as well. Heres a few pics anyway. I think I'm going to paint the whole top cardinal red to match my truck this spring...

k_nesse
10-17-2005, 01:16 AM
Check that out...a sportboat that you can practically sleep in. Kinda heavy but oh well this thing handles like a dream out there compared to my Baja 16ss.