PDA

View Full Version : Rapid Craft Jet boat?

Mdunn
10-09-2005, 06:00 PM
I purchased a nice 1986 Rapid Craft Jet boat. I cant find anyone who has one of these or even has info on them. I talked to Tom Papp of Papp Racing in Corona CA and he remembers the company in the 80's. Does anyone have a rapid Craft jet boat?
My boat has a Ford 460 with Bassett Racing headers, 4 barrell carb, edelbrock manifold, etc. I have no idea how fast it will go as i have only taken it out one time and it broke, since than I have rebuilt the jet drive( Papp racing).

Mike

150aintenuff
11-30-2005, 12:37 PM
just a guess but somewhere about 65 or so motor sounds fairly stock to me..

Ron V
12-29-2005, 07:54 PM
That has to be one of the first boats they made, Rapid Craft was founded in 1986. The deck looks kind of like a Cole if I'm not mistaken. Kirk Davis was the builder and he worked for a couple of the companies out west. Sam Baker might be able to find out more information for you on it. I have never heard of a jet like that one in the picture, I thought the only one they built as a jet was the 22' Twister tunnel.

triple dude
12-30-2005, 11:50 AM
I'd guess it should break 60 but not by much. I think that's a relatively heavy hull...and it is just a Ford. ;) My jet's a stock 454 (330HP) and a bowrider (more weight). On a really good day, it'll do 60. Usually between 55-60 unless of course, I'm pulling it OUT ;) :D at the launch. Then I tell the lookers, it's good for 100.