PDA

View Full Version : My "06" Ride

Clyde
10-09-2005, 10:20 AM
This winters project. Hopefully next years tow vehicle..

1966 Mercury Park Lane Conv. 410 cid. auto on the floor, factory air. Soon to be tripple black/air ride...

Ted Stryker
10-09-2005, 10:31 AM
Are you staying with the factory engine/trans. or going modern..?

Clyde
10-09-2005, 10:39 AM
Are you staying with the factory engine/trans. or going modern..?
I smoked the motor on the way home, hence the trailer. If the block/crank are good I would like too use it. If not I was thinking of looking for a injected 460.
The trans. is a C6 and will be rebuilt also.

Ted Stryker
10-09-2005, 11:15 AM
I like the 460's and an injected one would be neat.... Also, have you considered the coolness factor of the Roots 5.4 like the factory Ford lightning or the Harley trucks... Excellent towing with great fuel mileage,and would probably run well into the 12's in that car with 200,000 mile reliability... I could go on for pages when I'm not using my own money.. :D

Clyde
10-09-2005, 12:30 PM
I like the 460's and an injected one would be neat.... Also, have you considered the coolness factor of the Roots 5.4 like the factory Ford lightning or the Harley trucks... Excellent towing with great fuel mileage,and would probably run well into the 12's in that car with 200,000 mile reliability... I could go on for pages when I'm not using my own money.. :D

I didn't think of that, probably way too much money, but would be cool.

The 410 has a 428 crank in a 390 bore, 330 hp/444ft.lbs. and will be plenty strong when rebuilt. My dad had one when I was a kid and I promtly destroyed it. :(
The convertable is 5045 lbs. so I think you may be a bit optimistic on 12's but 5.4 would be great for economy/drivability.

Ted Stryker
10-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Yeah, that's heavier than I thought, the Lightnings are probably that much with less aerodynamics and they run 12's... Anyway, I'm babbling and your engine plan sounds like it will do the trick in style... Be sure to give us a burnout vid when your done, oh yeah with the boat behind it...

Scott Gilmore
10-09-2005, 07:23 PM
I didn't think of that, probably way too much money, but would be cool.

The 410 has a 428 crank in a 390 bore, 330 hp/444ft.lbs. and will be plenty strong when rebuilt. My dad had one when I was a kid and I promtly destroyed it. :(
The convertable is 5045 lbs. so I think you may be a bit optimistic on 12's but 5.4 would be great for economy/drivability.

I'd like a ride in that, while you tell many penguin jokes !! Scott :eek:

Clyde
10-09-2005, 10:32 PM
You'll love it. It's going to be tuxedo black! :)

ProComp
10-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Now I know where you get all that gas money.

"pimping ain't easy!" LOL Just messing with ya. Keep the resto pics coming.

I'm thinking a Smart Car/Hydrostream Viper combo for 06! :eek: How funny would that be! :D

B-RAD

Clyde
10-10-2005, 09:22 AM

I'm thinking a Smart Car/Hydrostream Viper combo for 06! :eek: How funny would that be! :D

B-RAD

Ya figured out my plan, I'm getting a deck-el that says peelers apply within...:D

GP-1
10-25-2005, 02:30 PM

B-RAD

You could use a "smart" car........ :D

Bwaaaaahahahahahahahahahah..............

Rusrog
10-25-2005, 02:47 PM
I could go on for pages when I'm not using my own money.. :D

Ain't that when it's the most fun!

Russ Rogers

triple dude
10-25-2005, 03:18 PM
Clyde, That thing looks pretty good. Where'd you dig it up at?? I always thought Mercury should have taken the Marquis option one step further and done a Marquis de Sade edition. :D

Clyde
10-25-2005, 08:18 PM
Got it from southern CA. Made it through Death Valley and 2/3's of the Rockys before the Power steering pump locked up throwing it's belt into the alt. belt. Tried to make a exit ramp, ....didn't.

Marquis de sade.... something tells me that wouldn't go over real well right now...:eek:

triple dude
10-26-2005, 08:30 AM
There is something to be said for those big ole' sleds. Back in the late 80's, I had a restored 68 T-Bird four door. Pretty car and rode like a dream. It was a heavyweight (about 5000 pounds) and a gutless wonder, even with 428. On the highway, though, it was great.

Clyde
03-25-2006, 06:10 PM
got a couple of pics from the painter, thought I would share them :cool:

Scott Gilmore
03-25-2006, 09:08 PM
got a couple of pics from the painter, thought I would share them :cool:
Nice, maybe you could make the pics a little SMALLER !!!!!!!!!!!Scott :eek:

Clyde
03-25-2006, 09:24 PM
they were not compatible with my photoshop and I had to use MS to open and move to my camera software. I couldn't tell how small I was making them, hope this is better

voo-doo_child
03-25-2006, 09:32 PM
that rag top needs rims!!! big shiny ones

Clyde
03-25-2006, 09:57 PM
I'm going to use the stock wheels and tires for now. I like old school mostly stock look, but if I get tired of it I can always bring out the "bling"

There is a lot of trim that will brighten her up (shaved doors though);)

triple dude
03-26-2006, 08:15 AM
Lookin' good!!!! Nothing sweeter than straight eight foot quarters painted black.:cool: Give some thought to redline radials. The place I bought mine (for the GTO) can turn just about any modern tire into a redline sidewall or you can buy their housebrand. I thought about putting them on my Pontiac 2plus2 (also black) for years but always ended up with whitewalls. The guy that recently bought it and drove to Texas was thinking about it also. I have to get ahold of him and see if he did it. I'd like to see pics. Are you gonna make it to the Illinois River Run???

Scott Gilmore
03-26-2006, 08:24 AM
they were not compatible with my photoshop and I had to use MS to open and move to my camera software. I couldn't tell how small I was making them, hope this is better

Very, nice !! When do I get a ride ? Scott :D

Clyde
03-26-2006, 01:21 PM
Are you gonna make it to the Illinois River Run???

I'm going to have to pass this year. I had back surgery the week before X-mas. Just had my last follow-up with the Dr. He Says I can boat this year, but I should limit it cause I'm going to be sore. Hopfully next year.

Are you and Racer X going to come up to Shawano June 10th?

Clyde
03-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Very, nice !! When do I get a ride ? Scott :D

Anytime buddy! Are you coming up to Shawano? The Lake is ringed with bars, I'll give you a tour.....:D

Scott Gilmore
03-26-2006, 02:14 PM
Anytime buddy! Are you coming up to Shawano? The Lake is ringed with bars, I'll give you a tour.....:D

I'll be in Fla. all of April. I'll be picking up my boat from Randy in May(if it's ready), maybe I can stop by your area on the way back !! Scott :D

triple dude
03-26-2006, 08:01 PM
I'm going to have to pass this year. I had back surgery the week before X-mas. Just had my last follow-up with the Dr. He Says I can boat this year, but I should limit it cause I'm going to be sore. Hopfully next year.

Are you and Racer X going to come up to Shawano June 10th?
Glad to hear your surgery was a success. Don't know about Shawano. How far into Wisconsin is it??? Not sure about Jeff. He seems to be doing the Grizzly Adams thing and headin' to the cabin down south on a regular basis.His pig squeel has gotten really good.;) If you're headed down south any time in the future, you should hook up with him. Quadin' in the national forest is great.

Clyde
03-27-2006, 08:34 AM
Glad to hear your surgery was a success. Don't know about Shawano. How far into Wisconsin is it??? Not sure about Jeff. He seems to be doing the Grizzly Adams thing and headin' to the cabin down south on a regular basis.His pig squeel has gotten really good.;) If you're headed down south any time in the future, you should hook up with him. Quadin' in the national forest is great.
Shawano is 1/2 hr. west of Green Bay....Quading is cool, I bought one just before I hurt my back...it has 5 miles on it. :rolleyes:

Clyde
03-27-2006, 08:36 AM
I'll be in Fla. all of April. I'll be picking up my boat from Randy in May(if it's ready), maybe I can stop by your area on the way back !! Scott :D
Anytime Scotty,
I was talking about the June 10th race, you going to make that?

CDave
03-27-2006, 09:16 AM
Stick ya a 429 in it! :cool:

Scott Gilmore
03-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Anytime Scotty,
I was talking about the June 10th race, you going to make that?

Clyde, I'm FAR from a race guy. I'm normally wasted before 10am. I might go & hang out there and enjoy the local BAR scene, sounds like fun !! Scott :D

Clyde
03-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Clyde, I'm FAR from a race guy. I'm normally wasted before 10am. I might go & hang out there and enjoy the local BAR scene, sounds like fun !! Scott :D

That's cool either way...