PDA

View Full Version : Lake tested the 2.4 today. See post on Tech Discussion Forum. (NM)

Arizona Hotboater
05-20-2001, 11:03 PM
NM

Propster
05-21-2001, 05:59 PM
Great to hear you got the 2.4 running good again! You replaced so much stuff that it might be hard to figure out what really caused it. So, it runs good now, but the plugs still will not color. Mine do not color that well either. I think my idle circuit is so rich that the fuel washes the plugs as soon as I cut it. I understand that some of the guys just make sure that the pistons are a tan color.

http://y42.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/marklinn_2000/vwp?.dir=/My+Photos&.dnm=plugs520.jpg&.done=http%3a//my.yahoo.com/p/d.html%3fv

Barney
05-21-2001, 06:12 PM
That would be sunblock, your lilly white drizzle-tan will not stand up to the sun and shine of Unobtainium to be discovered in Havasu!!!! :eek:

It will not be the fuel washing over you that changes yo color.

Havasuuuu-weeeeet.

Propster
05-22-2001, 03:17 PM
OK Jay,

You just get the Barneymobile ready to show the Propster a good time and I'll worry about the tan lines!

You too AZH - get that 2.4 running good and don't break it!

Barney
05-22-2001, 03:50 PM
With all the essential mining materials, purely in the interest of science. Please don't forget your sunblock :eek:

What are your dates?

Propster
05-22-2001, 05:02 PM
I have July 21 to July 29 off,

Takes 22 hours to get to Las Vegas. We will probably leave Seattle Fri night on July 20, arrive Las Vegas before noon on Saturday the 21st. Want to check out Lake Mead, then head for Havasu. Probably take off for Seattle Sunday morning July 29. Kinda sucks not being able to stay for both weekends, but my buddy can't get anymore time off.

Hope you find some time to show me around! Been hearing too many stories and not enough pictures - gonna have to check it out for myself!

Barney
05-22-2001, 05:14 PM
Spend the first couple days in Vegas and on Mead, then head down to Havasu!

So it's you and 1 friend?

If so, no problems at all, got plenty of room and secure parking for ya.

Heading back down now, speak to ya soon!

Arizona Hotboater
05-23-2001, 10:43 AM
I'll be there too. Ducky cant get Vacation till the following week but thats ok because it would have been too crowded anyway.
I'll call ya Barn,... and Propster, I look forward to meeting you. I wanna see what the 2.4 does at a more reasonable altitude.
Marc AZH