PDA

View Full Version : Greg, or anybody who knows how to use a computer

heath brinkley
08-23-2005, 08:28 PM
better that a 8 year old.

I got a scanner, I figured out how to scan. When I scan a 8x10 picture it's too big to load onto screamandfly. When I resize it, it looks like crap. Also, when you click on the small picture it doesn't mag up to a big picture.

How do I scan a big picture or resize a big picture to 100 KB, but keep the detail ??

AND... How do I post the 100 KB picture to magnify, when you click on it ??

Anybody know ?

PLEASE !!!! :)

skidoo29
08-23-2005, 08:41 PM
heath

how are you resizing? I mean what program, paint does a horrible job for detail but works none the less
I use photoshop for some things and paint for others.

tell me what you are using and I will try to help, there are a few options

as for the picture magnifying, do you mean here on s&f when you click onit?
if so this (I believe) only happens when you attach 2 or more pictures, if you attach just one it comes up normal, but I have been wrong before.

hope I can help, or at least try

warren

Dukeofchippewa
08-24-2005, 05:23 AM
Paint Shop photo album does an excellant job, and it's inexpensive.

pyro
08-24-2005, 05:54 AM
JASC Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop Elements, both are good at handling JPG image compression. Each lets you select how much compression to apply when you save the file. Higher compression will yield a smaller file, but poor detail quality. Low compression preserves the image, but yields a larger file.

heath brinkley
08-24-2005, 02:23 PM
I'm using the Lexmark page to resize it. It's the program that came with the scanner.

heath brinkley
08-24-2005, 02:28 PM
heath

as for the picture magnifying, do you mean here on s&f when you click onit?

warren

Yes, that's what I was trying to say, but I wasn't making myself real clear. I see alot of pictures people post here on s&f. It shows as a small thumbnail, and when you click on it, it brings up a large picture. I'll try posting two pics intead of one and see what happens. When I resize to 100KB though the blown up picture is barely bigger than the thumbnail, and looks horrible.

Thanks

heath brinkley
08-24-2005, 02:30 PM
JASC Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop Elements.

Are those programs you buy from a computer shop on a disc, or do you download them online ?

triple dude
08-24-2005, 02:48 PM
I did receive the email you sent with the picture of the altered T. Size was good but it was grainy. If you want to keep using me as a guinea pig, feel free.

Scream And Fly
08-24-2005, 02:54 PM
Heath,

No need to buy a program - you can download Irfanview for free, and it's a fantastic image resizing program.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Greg

heath brinkley
08-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Thanks Greg. :)

tripledude, the pics I scanned on my computer look great, I'll get it figured out here sometime.

Dukeofchippewa
08-24-2005, 07:09 PM
Heath,

No need to buy a program - you can download Irfanview for free, and it's a fantastic image resizing program.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Greg
Holy crap, I've been using Irfanview for viewing, but never realized you could resize. It works great.