PDA

View Full Version : Greg

Chummy
08-08-2005, 02:36 PM
In the Hammer Down Vol. III thread you did a color correction to some of the scanned photos. I was wondering what you used to make the photos so much brighter. The pics I scanned came out very cloudy looking. Thanks

Scream And Fly
08-09-2005, 11:19 PM
I use Adobe Photoshop CS for all photo editing and graphics creation you see on this site :)

Greg

Chummy
08-10-2005, 06:40 AM
Thanks

150aintenuff
08-10-2005, 11:56 PM
greg on the prop frozen in time what did you have to do to brighten it, just use adobe 's brightening or was there a lens that you used that brought in enough light to see it at that brightness because i was playing with my wifes rebel XT at 2500 and 4000 shutter speed and the pics were VERY dark with the standard lens on the camea and I didnt even bother trying to edit them for fear of getting nothing but black blobs out of the pics...

Scream And Fly
08-11-2005, 12:09 AM
Nick,

You'll almost never be in a situation where you can use shutter speeds that high. There are many factors that affect what shutter you can shoot at, including available light, lens, aperture, ISO, etc.

I did not brighten the propeller image - it was shot using the maximum aperture at ISO 400. Don't forget that white water reflects light very well, so that played a key role there. I was just playing around when I shot that.

Greg

150aintenuff
08-11-2005, 09:54 AM
we were trying to freeze some waterfalls at crater lake clearly and i assume you had the right lens for the job being it turned out.. and we didnt obviously and or enough light.. just trying to learn the camera... 1500 bucks is a lot of toy to have and not be able to use it to its ability....

ApolloImaging
08-11-2005, 03:29 PM
Set the camera to Av mode and select the widest possible aperture (lowest number). This will give you the fastest possible shutter speed with correct exposure. If it still isnt fast enough start bumping up the ISO, I think the DRebs are pretty good about noise so you should be able to go up to ISO 800 without a problem.