PDA

View Full Version : 150 Intruder performance potential?

Looper
04-17-2001, 09:38 AM
Just about to get 94 Evinrude 150 Intruder powerhead back from rebuilder. Will put back together this week. What is the potential for this engine to increase the HP? Does the 175 v-6 Looper differ (other than ) with exhaust ports and Carbs? How does the Intruder differs from other 60 degree 150's?

BTW, this new message board is a big improvement.

skeeter175
04-20-2001, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Looper
Just about to get 94 Evinrude 150 Intruder powerhead back from rebuilder. Will put back together this week. What is the potential for this engine to increase the HP? Does the 175 v-6 Looper differ (other than ) with exhaust ports and Carbs? How does the Intruder differs from other 60 degree 150's?

BTW, this new message board is a big improvement.

hey looper, let me know what all you did to your 60 degree i have a 95 johnson fast strike just rebuilt. do you know of any after market bolt-ons to in crease performance?

Looper
04-20-2001, 03:24 PM
No mods made, just new bearings, rings and a piston. Scored cylinder at 100 hours with previous owner. Not sure of the cause since a boat broker sold this "clean"100 hour motor to me but forgot to mention the friggin thing was blown. So I have killed a month and will finally have together tomorrow.

This is one easy motor to work on compared to the OMV V-4s, yamaha, suzukis etc that I have had. I'll figure out something to get more HPs out of it, even if I have to tear it down again. I figure these boards will a good place to start, although I will probably end up with a black motor to get some real power.

skeeter175
04-21-2001, 10:16 AM
I know, i am in the process trying to sell my 150 faststrike for a 200 merc efi and i only have 10 to 15 hrs on it since rebuild. no matter what you do seems like you always want to go faster.