PDA

View Full Version : tunnel hull prop, SRX... WOW

northeastcat
08-02-2005, 11:31 AM
I have a true tunnel hull 21' cat and have tried many many props and last week I purchased an SRX 27p hubbed for my merc and all I can say is WOW !!
This prop is sick, I was impressed with my custom cut 26 ET but this SRX just blows it away and in every aspect too. It holeshots better carries a load better runs more MPH with less RPM and top ends better. So if you own a true tunnel hull you owe it to yourself to get your hands on one of these SRX props and give it a try. Speed comparisions are hard to believe but the GPS dont lie. Soon I will try some serious top end runs to see just how much more it really has to give. This prop is virgin too and my boat aint light.:cool:

fijjity
08-02-2005, 12:41 PM
I have been wanting to try one and yet to do it. What hp ya runnin?

tango424
08-02-2005, 06:36 PM
just found a 23p chopper for my 150 merc cant wait to try it

Hey Fijiity the place i found the prop in here in AZ has about 6 more of them he also has a 26 if you want ill get a price on it for you

all stainless

northeastcat
08-02-2005, 09:07 PM
I have been wanting to try one and yet to do it. What hp ya runnin?

Try one out for sure, looking at your boat in your avatar I cant believe you would be dissapointed with that hull.
HP in my engine is a good question right now. Its over 200 but just how much I dont dare to guess at. I can spin the 27 SRX at 7800 but the engine started out as a stock 200 2.4 finger port, heavily modded now except for port timing which was left stock. I would like to think it is 245 but I would not place any bets on it. One thing for sure is that it pushes this heavy ole cat real good.:cool: