PDA

View Full Version : Makin a bowrider from a daycruiser?

RedAllison
06-13-2005, 12:50 PM
I know I know, it may not be the cool thing but what the hell. I aint talking about takin a sawzall too a new $50k piece from CA. Just finding a decent ol late 70s-early 80s 21-25' daycruiser and cutting the cuddy deck off and putting in seats and interior. I have even thought about just cutting the area directly over the lounge pads below deck and leaving the seating and console area in tact. I know they build such layouts now, I believe they call them "cuddie-riders" but I aint paying new boat cheese for a limited use craft. I aint lookin for nothing fancy and aint wantin to have over $10k in the whole thing when done (I realize nice old daycruisers still bring decent money on the west coast, but here in the south and in the midwest they are typically less than half what they are in AZ and CA). New is OUT for me, I aint spending the bucks for a new one as this purpose is strictly for hauling people and getting mud and sand on at our local mudhole (my kids are scratchin my Alli pretty bad, and no I AINT gettin rid of her either!). I just want something a lil more sporty and faster than the typical deckboat/pontoon/bowrider. If it has a big block and runs 50 I would be happy. I might even entertain the idea of an outdrive on the larger hulls.

How much if any, re-inforcement would I need to put in that area if I removed the deck that is over the lounge pads below deck, floored it and stuck some small seats/layout pads in that place?

???
RA

Sagabu
09-25-2005, 12:51 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4573260050&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

JerseyClown
09-25-2005, 11:28 PM
That guy on ebay is smoking crack thinking he will get 9600 for that.... Nice example though.

Sagabu
09-26-2005, 02:06 AM
It sure would make a nice family river boat. It needs redone correctly. It looks like at one point some cheezy rework was done on it.

I have a 76 Sleekcraft Executive I am prepairing to do a full on custom restoration on.

NNT
09-26-2005, 05:23 PM
Limited use is a boat with no area under the deck,ya gotta have a stabbin cabin man :D