PDA

View Full Version : newbie needs some questions answered..please :)

mmiller40
06-13-2005, 08:56 AM
I am going to look at this boat tonight the pics look good and the guy says it runs very good. He said he replaced the berkly pump last year...

This 17 foot jet boat is priced right to sell quick. Buyer must pick up. It has a Berkley pump and a 455 Oldsmobile engine. I've replaced the battery cables, seals and gaskets, oil pump, fuel pump, alternator, starter, plugs, fuel and water hoses, plug wires, steering wheel, steering cable, jet port control cable, ignition coil, head and intake bolts, distributor points and rotor and cap. It has a Carter aftermarket carb. Carb was rebuilt two years ago, but needs to be cleaned to make engine idle smoothly. It has a ski rig for pulling skiers. I have the title. I'm selling it because I need the space.

How much is it worth? Will I be happy with this to ski behind? How fast should it go? How many gallon of gas will she burn per hour? Any other infor on this boat would be appreciated. All my boating knowledge is based around my procraft bass boat with 90hp outboard.

mmiller40
06-14-2005, 08:02 AM
Wow! you guys rock! 24 hours, 15 views, not one response.

Can someone at least direct me to a community that will help answer my questions?

sleekcrafter
06-17-2005, 09:40 PM
Try www.Banderlog.com or another one is www.jetboatsnmore.com both are pure Jet boat forums and you will find what your looking for ;)

wiredrods
06-19-2005, 01:28 PM
Hey, you can also check out dragboatparts.com...I may be a ble to help

jordy
06-23-2005, 02:21 PM
A 455 Olds with a jet wouldn't be my first choice. They're notorious for having oiling issues, especially when run in higher RPM's for any period of time. The oil returns are slow and the oil pump will pump all the oil from the pan into the top of the engine and then run dry. Not a good deal. Hotboat.com has forums that would be a good source in the "Just Jets" section.

Good luck.