PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER HILLBILLY TIP FROM YOU KNOW WHO

Instigator
05-17-2001, 05:40 PM
Toss your gaskets in the freezer before you rebuild. Not only will you piss off the little woman, the gaskets will also contract in the freezer.
Install them this way, then when they warm to ambient temperature they will expand creating a more positive seal.
Only issue would be head gaskets if you have really tight chambers you will raise your psi a slight amount.
P.S. Mark Casper don't read this, I don't want to piss you off!
Instigator

mercrazy
05-18-2001, 06:59 PM
being of hillbilly heritage, i am sensitive to statements concerning my ancestry. most of the time comments about us are derogatory. after reading a couple of your hillbilly ideas, it occurred to me that maybe you have a deep respect for our ingenuity instead of making fun of us. those are good ideas you have regardless of where they came from. thank you for giving us the credit we deserve.

Instigator
05-19-2001, 07:39 AM
You hit the nail right on the head. I am a city boy but have spent a lot of time in the country and with the people from there. Most of what I have learned about O/B's came from dear friends of mine that happen to live in the country.
When I was racing (back in the day) we ran a lot in the South. One of the first things I learned was that the people down there were some of the nicest, most willing to help people I'd had the pleasure to meet! With my job, I have the chance to work all over the state of Ohio and my favorite area as far as the people is "down south"!
What I mean in the case of my titles to these post's is actually more of a "shade tree" mechanic due to the fact that I'm not certified in anything and I work out of my garage.
You'r point is well taken though and know that some of the nicest, smartest people I've had the pleasure to meet are from the country, and like you, are proud of that fact.
Guess I never even thought that someone would take it to be a slam.
How about "Another Shade Tree Tip", or "Proud Adoptive Hillbilly Tip"??
Let me know what you think.
Instigator

mercrazy
05-19-2001, 10:41 PM
now that i know where you're coming from, 'another hillbilly idea' suits me just fine. just goes to show there are good people in the north and the south. you're a good guy after all. keep sharing those neat ideas.

Instigator
05-20-2001, 08:39 PM
Thank you, I like the term and I like it more that you like it!