PDA

View Full Version : Blow over

Ro Yale
05-17-2001, 05:19 PM
Well I'm back home. Kinda sore and bruised up but thats alright, that Triad did it's job! The boat is destroyed I guess, haven't seen it yet. Man all the calls and people coming by have been GREAT! I really can't describe how much that has meant to me, I've teared up a few times and just been astounded other times. We really got a good life here and I hope everyone understands how important friends are. No amount of money could ever compare to them. I've had calls from Florida Georgia, I don't know but all over the states and this has meant a lot to me. After this last crash I've decided to quit driving, my reflexes aren't fast enough and I just can't stand to see Charlie go thru this again. I gotta say though she has never said anything but words of encouragement thru all my crashes. I want to stay involved because I really think we have a real quality entertainment package and a sport that draws people together, not to mention the advancement of engines,hulls and other parts that can be passed on to the public for their safety and the betterment of our planet. Not sure what my envolvement will be yey but I'm sure when it"s time I'll know what to do.
Bottom line I just wanted to thank everyone that has made me feel like someone in this world from someone that 20 years ago was a complete screw up and doomed to be a total failure and a burden on society. Thanks and I'll see you at the races. Please say hello if you see me.
Sincerely, Ro Yale

thumper
05-17-2001, 05:28 PM
Glad to hear that you're only beat up a little and have "walked away" more or less from the crash.
Best of luck and a speedy recovery!

MirageMark
05-17-2001, 05:44 PM
Hey Ro, it's good to hear that you are doing well. God must have been looking after you that day! I know that it is the right thing, but your decision to quit racing is like Troy Aikman announcing his retirement. You have truly been an integral part of outboard drag racing. You have been awesome man. I hate to see you go!! If there is a drag racing hall of fame one day, you'll be there man! Good Luck with the future, and I'll see ya at the races!!!

Mark Screen

Rickracer
05-17-2001, 05:52 PM
I have never had the pleasure of meeting you yet, but hope to someday, and I gotta tell ya, I'm really glad you came out of that crash OK. Boats can be replaced, but not people. I believe you have the heart of a champion. I'm sure there is always gonna be a place in boat racing for somebody with your savvy and experience. I wish a swift recovery for you.

SleeveA
05-17-2001, 07:15 PM
No one likes to hear about a boat going over, but everyone loves to hear about someone who made it!!
I am happy your ok, and wish you the very best!!

Take care,

LaveyT
05-17-2001, 07:50 PM
Ro,Ive never met you,But have heared nothing but great things about you.(except for being T-Rexs idol!)Glad you are still with us.Best wishes,Dave

BK
05-17-2001, 08:03 PM
Thank heavens you're back Ro! What a scary thing to hear about ---- we were sure praying and praying that you'd be OK. I remember when you and Charlie were standing beside me when they were trying to get Ricky Comer out of his upsidedown boat at Cedar Creek --- then I read this here! HOLY HECK!---- I was having flashbacks to that tragic event while reading about what you went through with your ordeal and you JUST DON'T KNOW how relieved Brad and I were to hear you were going to be OK!!!! Whew!!!!!!!!

Anyway --- SOoooo glad to have you back where you belong and hope we get to see your smiling face at one of these events soon! -- Sure miss you and Charlie and all the rest of you crazy guys.

Fondly,
Val and Brad

05-17-2001, 08:14 PM
Sure had us wondering there for a while, glad you are fine! JW

Scream And Fly
05-17-2001, 10:27 PM
Ro,
I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say it's a great feeling to see you well among us again. Our thoughts and prayers were with you, and everyone involved in our sport and community is truly blessed to have you as a part of it.

Great to see you here.

Sincerely,
Greg

Ray Neudecker
05-18-2001, 09:31 AM
I am so happy that you are ok. I hope you keep coming to the races and maybe decide to unretire. Best of luck in whatever you decide to do. Got a new stronger engine to put in motor home. Gonna kick that Fords ass. You will have to borrow a boat to pull before you are street racing legal though.

Tim
05-18-2001, 11:44 AM
Hey RO!, Glad to here your OK! man, that had to have been
one NASTY! ride you took, alot of us would have probley
had a HEART ATTACK! my self included, life's too short
as it is! stay safe! and try to stay around brother!.

AnthonySS
05-18-2001, 12:55 PM
Your a Class act RO!

I am glad you are OK!

God Bless,

AnthonySS

Sleekster
05-19-2001, 05:59 AM
eveyone has said it above. Like LT and others, we've never met, but you were in my thoughts and prayers. I wish you a speedy recovery from your injuries -- physical and psychological.

Hope to

Walter
05-19-2001, 10:52 AM
I will not be at westlake to see you but I want you to know that I will miss your colorful character and driving as a racer. However, it is better to know that you are going to stay in this life as my friend.
Walter Wolfe

Raceman
05-19-2001, 04:42 PM
Hey Ro. Glad you are okay. Been there, done that myself. Not much fun huh. Mine took 10 days in hospital and 2 surgeries. Pretty well killed my nerve to find the edge. Now about 100's all I've got the courage for. Tell us how it happened and what you think caused it.